Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2007, 09:48 PM

583 posts, read 2,633,241 times

Advertisements

So the family is all FINALLY here in the great state of Texas. I just wanted to THANK everyone who has posted over the past few months. We have gotten so much GREAT information here thanks to many of you. To everyone who is in the process of moving--keep checking in with these boards. Some topics go way OFF topic (um, SBR anyone) but for the most part people are great getting you the information you need. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Now one last question......I need a yoga studio ASAP. What can you recommend? (Near Mckinney)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2007, 09:29 AM

13 posts, read 60,537 times
Yoga Balance Studio - Schedule (http://www.yogabalancestudio.com/schedule.html - broken link) --> I just found this link in a google search. There are a ton of new yoga studios popping up everywhere these days, and even some really good instructors at the local gyms. I live in Flower Mound and go to an amazing place called Yoga Island, but this is their only location. Sunstone Yoga is a franchisee and spreading fast, nearest to you might be Plano? They only do hot yoga, including but not limited to Bikram. It may take some searching, but I'm sure you'll have many options and can find the studio that suits you best. Most places will give you 1 week or 10 days for an introductory $15, which is a great price. So try a few before you decide.

Old 06-29-2007, 01:20 PM

126 posts, read 454,098 times
Welcome to Texas! Glad ya'll made the trip safely.

I noticed from your postings that ya'll have been doing some frequent moving lately, I can relate (45 moves by the time I was 18). You probably know most of the tricks by now, but let me suggest a couple things -

Hang all the pictures first, not last. Then no matter how many boxes are left you feel like you're at home. It really does help feel moved in faster.

Things to do -
  • Load up the kids tomorrow and "get lost". We would always go driving for a couple hours with no destination in mind the first Saturday in a new town. It's amazing the hidden treasures you find that way. We'd take turns with the map, so it helps the kids learn mapreading skills. With no deadline, it's fun to meader around and check out places you'd like to visit. It's a great way to learn backstreet shortcuts, local restaurants, and learn the neighborhood right away. McKinney used to be a cotton town, so there are some beautiful old Victorians to admire.
  • Collin County Community College District should have extinsion courses for kids in the summer

Stores You Have to Check Out
  • Garden Ridge - You're going to fall in love with Garden Ridge. It's a craft and accessory store. It's amazing! Head down Central and take the Spring Creek exit. Go under the bridge and turn left at the first light, can't miss it. Website - Garden Ridge - The Home Décor and Craft Marketplace
  • Fry's - Computer store with everything else including the kitching sink. In Plano, exit Collin Creek off Central and turn left. Website - FRYS.com
  • Sam Moon - You are SO going to love Sam Moon. To call it a discount accessary store doesn't begin to describe it. They are closed on Sunday, so plan on going early on Saturday. It's off Stemmons and LBJ, so it's a little further, but so worth it. Website - Sam Moon Trading Online

Welcome again to Texas and let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

Old 06-29-2007, 01:58 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
WELCOME to Big D.

Old 06-30-2007, 10:06 PM

1,560 posts, read 7,144,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vseale View Post

Stores You Have to Check Out
  • Fry's - Computer store with everything else including the kitching sink. In Plano, exit Collin Creek off Central and turn left. Website - FRYS.com

Welcome again to Texas and let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

NOOOO! Stay away from Fry's, it's a money trap!

At least for me, it is. Well there the MicroCenter, and Elliot's Hardware.

Old 07-01-2007, 08:00 PM

45 posts, read 205,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scyogi View Post
So the family is all FINALLY here in the great state of Texas. I just wanted to THANK everyone who has posted over the past few months. We have gotten so much GREAT information here thanks to many of you. To everyone who is in the process of moving--keep checking in with these boards.....

We too, just rolled in this week. So far it's been good (except the rain). Coming from Phoenix we don't see this much rain in a year. We also, settled on Mckinney (SBR) for our build.

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas