Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 12:06 PM

744 posts, read 1,847,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Have you been there when nothing is going on in the AA center?

Yes I have. I have also been to Fort Worth a few times where I was bored to death with few people around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 12:12 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,817,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
Yes I have. I have also been to Fort Worth a few times where I was bored to death with few people around.
Then you can feel my pain.

Old 09-27-2010, 01:53 PM

702 posts, read 2,723,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
That's good, it can only get better. I ride through Victory park every Tue and Thur evenings and watched the restaurants vacate the plaza, so now it is just crickets making noise. The Victory Tavern is all that remains on the plaza, itself. We used to stop at La Condesa - gone, Chili's - gone, Paciugo Gelato - gone, and some restaurant across the plaza from the WFAA studios where you could buy a $7 bottle of Shiner, can't remember the name but it did have some very interesting shrubbery ;-), but that place is gone. When there was a game at the AAC, three was business going on, but when there wasn't those place just has a skeloton crew working. Hey, no waiting. Parking has always been a tough sale there and at West End. To many areas around Dallas where you don't have to pay to park. I think that was a big reason that the West end lost a lot of appeal. The south end of the West End at Elm and is also having a revitalization.
I agree; I hate having to carry coins with me when I drive into downtown for a quick errand. Victory Park has free street parking so the option does exist, but people just don't know of it.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:29 AM

744 posts, read 1,847,476 times
Victory Park is still going great:

Welcome to VictoryPark.com > Home

Old 09-28-2010, 08:29 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,817,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
Victory Park is still going great:

Welcome to VictoryPark.com > Home

Yes indeed, their PR machine is working great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas