Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 02:05 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,787,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter2010 View Post
But one of the main reasons?
I dont think so. Its because she shares the same views are most of her district.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2010, 09:42 PM

731 posts, read 1,370,500 times
Of course people are so gullible. What really scares me are Terror Babies!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I have met her and she is a really nice person. Having said this it would take a complete moron to believe her story. I'm glad she paid he money back but does she really think people are so gullible.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:46 PM

372 posts, read 711,736 times
Her opponent is actually a very good man, Charles Lingerfelt. Charles is not a career politician. Someone wrote that they would not vote for her minor opponent. Just wanted to share this... He is actually a modest man with integrity. I know so due to that I have personally known him for almost all my life. I am not a relative of his. I just remember the man who gave me my first bible and his wife who loved me to come to her house and eat lunch and play with their kids. They took an interest and to this day, i will always remember warmly that expression of generosity. I think his wife saw that I was a lone girl amongst a couple of brothers and had no one to play with... she didn't have to do that, she had 6 children to take care of.

Charles is the complete opposite in ideology and I do believe it would take a miracle for him to win, due to that the district holds democratic values which Eddie Bernice Johson represents. If you choose to not vote for him, let it be because you disagree with his politics, not because you don't know about his character. I hope at least I could fill you in. He would not promote scholarships to go to his children or grandchildren. Nope.

Last edited by Vintage Life; 09-20-2010 at 12:17 AM..

Old 09-20-2010, 01:03 AM

198 posts, read 500,134 times
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't her Republican opponent Stephen Broden?

Old 09-20-2010, 08:28 AM
Tta

64 posts, read 223,487 times
her excuses are pathetic and her attempt to make things right by paying the money back enrages me.
just because she claims she didn't know it was wrong doesn't make it ok for her to have done it. it is equivalent to a bank robber saying he didn't know it was wrong, but can i just pay the bank back and not go to jail?

Old 09-20-2010, 09:03 AM

3,822 posts, read 8,761,205 times
Her opponent IS Stephen Broden. Who is also black. So that should take the race piece out of the equation.

And this is no different in my mind than Rep Joe Driver and the at least $17K that he double dipped in mileage reimbursements.

Both of them tried to get by with something and then made themselves look even worse by claiming they "didn't know" Well, really? Cuz a first grader could figure out that it's probably not a good idea.

Old 09-20-2010, 10:59 AM

372 posts, read 711,736 times
Charles Lingerfelt for U.S Congress District 30
I have not looked at the page throughly, from what I see, he hasn't said he has dropped out or lend support to Stephen Broden. I suppose I should ask him. I just recently reconnected with him but did not ask if he was still in..

Old 09-20-2010, 11:10 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,930,164 times
What a crook. When this story first broke several weeks ago it didn't take long for more to come out on it. Three things on this really make it appear she has no values at all and could not tell the truth straight up if she had to . One was when she said her "ethics alarm" did not go off. REALLY!?!?!?!?!?! I have NEVER seen any kind of "contest" or such where it does not say that any person that is employed by "x" company, relative of such, blah, blah, blah is not eligible to win. If she did not have a clue that her own GRANDSONS were not eligible for these scholarships...... she needs to go back to kindergarten. Then to even say her grandsons are NOT her relatives, WTH!?!?!?! Third was the letter she wrote or had sent to have the money for these scholarships sent directly to her grandsons and NOT the schools. She really is STUPID!!!!!

I hope she does get voted out of office. She needs to be impeached, imho, and charges pressed against her if there is any way that some can be.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:27 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,540,515 times
Glad she paid it back the money- however charges should be pressed and she should lose her appointment in her office---just sayin if it were someone else of any other that is exactly what would happen........she is playing the fool from her statements...she knew what she was doing and only hoped it wouldn't come about..

Old 09-20-2010, 05:02 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,026,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT View Post
Glad she paid it back the money- however charges should be pressed and she should lose her appointment in her office---just sayin if it were someone else of any other that is exactly what would happen........she is playing the fool from her statements...she knew what she was doing and only hoped it wouldn't come about..
apparently she felt REALLY BAD about what she did:

Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson : Press Releases : CONGRESSWOMAN JOHNSON CHOOSES NEW CONGRESSIONAL BLACK CAUCUS FOUNDATION (CBCF) SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas