Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 03:34 PM

44 posts, read 91,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf2wake View Post
I heard on the radio the other day that Firewheel is out of the plans
I want proof of this maybe a website saying this or something, I believe a

radio station saying this is just bogus. I tried to look it up in the internet if

the Garland plans has been canceled and all i have seen was plans of this

was going forward, and now this radio station out of the blue says that they

have scrap plans for a development site at townwheel, please I want more

evidence of this or I going to believe that it is still a green light for 2011.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 03:35 PM

871 posts, read 2,690,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
I prefer to eat at LOCAL Mom & Pop establishments, that benefit HOMETOWN folks, not cookie cutter chains with CEO's that don't live here, never visited or care to, and use the cheapest quality of food in order to have a larger profit margin.
My "eating dinner out list" is actually quite long, WITHOUT those sterile chain names on it!
Nothing wrong with that, but of course that means you don't eat at Whataburger, right? It's not a Mom and Pop establishment. Many would also call it a "sterile chain" too,

Neither is a place like Mooyah Burgers (cookie cutter chain).

You made a point about In-N-Out being from California, and someone else pointed out that many chains here are from out of state, to which you replied that you don't eat at chains. So I take it you don't like Texas-based chains either, right? (Such as Whataburger or more local to DFW, Mooyah Burger or even Twisted Root Burger Co, which although being DFW/TX based, it's still a chain and not a mom and pop establishment).

Old 12-21-2010, 04:39 PM

Cool Booooguuuuus!!!!!

I asked In n out about this on Facebook and Ill see what they say about

this mess.

Old 12-21-2010, 04:46 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,535,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETex2 View Post
I did too. But the only definite thing that I heard was that their location had been given the green light by the city, and this was at least 8 or 9 months ago. Of course, no one can really blame them if they did indeed cancel plans for the Firewheel location. I had my office there for two years. During the day, most of the stores are pretty much dead. In the evenings, it's nothing but gangs of teenagers roving all over the place. Of course right now during the holidays, it's pretty busy with actual shoppers but if things don't change, I look for Firewheel to be abandoned or converted into an alternative use in the next 10 years or so. I've heard that so many of the tenants have altered their leases to half their previous rent, that the place will not cash flow in the foreseeable future.

I hope that's not the case. I think Firewheel is great and it never seems that dead to me. Of course, I never go in the afternoons either.

Old 12-21-2010, 05:02 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,540,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT View Post
funny how no one complains about McDonalds from California, Burger King from Florida, Taco Bell from California, Subway from Connecticut, Steak "N" Shake from Illinois, Texas Roadhouse...from Indiana, Wendy's from Ohio, and many more to list....so if your going to boycott California places or any other place that wasn't from Texas then your eating dinner out list got pretty darn short. People need to be happy business want to come to the DFW area or even Texas for that matter. It benefits you and your pocket. Go complain somewhere else- I welcome growth and revenue in this area unlike most people on this forum.
I was firing back at TXTwizter about the comment he/she made. I welcome the fact that In n Out and Carls Jr and Dell Taco want to come to Texas, not only for the fact that I'm from California and miss these places dearly, but the fact that it will bring a ton of jobs to the area.

I couldn't agree with YOU more!

Old 12-21-2010, 05:17 PM

Cool Not True People!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf2wake View Post
I heard on the radio the other day that Firewheel is out of the plans
I just heard that that radio that surf2wake was listening was false about the

In-N-Out canceling their plans because I asked an In-N-Out associate on

facebook and they said their plans is on schedule for the Garland location to

open sometime in 2011 we can calm down now people.

This is the link of the confirmation //www.facebook.com/pages/In-N-O...0313263?v=wall

Old 12-21-2010, 07:12 PM

554 posts, read 1,196,993 times
The Frisco location has the "IN-N-OUT BURGER HERE SOON" sign, it is fenced off, and the foundation has been dug. I posted this info in the //www.city-data.com/forum/dalla...ut-burger.html thread. Does anyone else know of other locations around the metro that are this far along? Since the Frisco location is already under construction, I wonder where they built the patty production facility?

Old 12-22-2010, 07:31 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,532,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime_mac View Post
I was firing back at TXTwizter about the comment he/she made. I welcome the fact that In n Out and Carls Jr and Dell Taco want to come to Texas, not only for the fact that I'm from California and miss these places dearly, but the fact that it will bring a ton of jobs to the area.

I couldn't agree with YOU more!

Old 12-22-2010, 10:10 PM

686 posts, read 2,436,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerGuy View Post
The Frisco location has the "IN-N-OUT BURGER HERE SOON" sign, it is fenced off, and the foundation has been dug. I posted this info in the //www.city-data.com/forum/dalla...ut-burger.html thread. Does anyone else know of other locations around the metro that are this far along? Since the Frisco location is already under construction, I wonder where they built the patty production facility?
The future location in Dallas off 75 could be the furthest along if they plan on using the old structure of Steak N Shake. I haven't heard if they are going to just remodel that or tear it down and rebuild.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas