Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2010, 07:51 PM

687 posts, read 1,574,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Nifty View Post
Because Spanish does not translate well into English, the idea is to keep The Declaration of Independence and The U.S. Constitution in English. Of course, this means making English the dominate language. If that means fighting a war in the future to make it so, well, then I'm ready to give my life for the cause.
Please go ahead and do that. I'll be sure to let General Santa Anna know that you did so that you get credit.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:53 PM

912 posts, read 1,883,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandstorm214 View Post
Did they not cover this in the Wikipedia entry for Socrates? Sorry, Mr. Nifty. Maybe if you actually studied earlier cultures and philosophies you would see the philosophies from where Socrates and Plato got a lot of their ideas.
Tyranny is clearly demonstrated in the Holy Bible, so, please, drop this attempt at revising history. My ancestors were not fools as I believe in the fall of man. Enough said.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandstorm214 View Post
Please go ahead and do that. I'll be sure to let General Santa Anna know that you did so that you get credit.
Have you ever read "Don Quijote De La Manche?" They, the Spanish experts, say that it does not translate well into English.
Likewise, we should not risk any loss of the self evident and unalienable truths by having The Declaration of Independence translated over into Spanish.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:36 PM

532 posts, read 1,053,740 times
If it's about repatriation of Hispanics, it needs to be the 1492 type.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:52 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,665,542 times
Quote:
I'm just exposing you as a sophisticate. No offense, but you are the one who doesn't know what you are talking about. As an American, do you even understand the differences that existed between Patriots and a Loyalists? The Patriots understood how fighting with Britain would cut off the American Colonies from world trade. The colony of New York was a big loser in the Revolutionary war as it was greatly populated by Loyalists siding with Britain.
Like I said, you are on vacation. Enjoy yourself. But please, don't come in here pretending to know something just because you have a few bucks in your pocket and can afford to travel.
Who gives a f**k? Patriots and Loyalists have nothing to do with Dallas, Mexico City, or anything relating to the future of Dallas, DFW, Mexico, or Mexico City.

Why you are even bringing this stuff up is beyond me. It is irrelevant.

Im am not on vacation. I travel overseas for work 8 to 12 times a year. I work for the airlines.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:10 AM

Quote:
I do think a mass migration will be happening in the not to distant future because of what you say. As Anglos will prefer to move north towards their culture, Hispanics will prefer to move south towards theirs. I was just suggesting that the Houston and San Antonio areas be designated official Spanish speaking to quicken this migration.
See, if this does happen, then the amount of Anglos will increase in DFW while the number of Hispanics will decrease. There will always be some mixture of the two cultures, indeed.
Because Spanish does not translate well into English, the idea is to keep The Declaration of Independence and The U.S. Constitution in English. Of course, this means making English the dominate language. If that means fighting a war in the future to make it so, well, then I'm ready to give my life for the cause.
This again???

Your great migration is NEVER going to happen. Hispanics dont have to leave DFW to feel close to their culutre. They are already at home here. 1.4 million people in DFW speak spanish as a first language and 2 million people here are hispanic. DFW is a huge magnent for Hispanic magnent. Its also a magnent for other cultures too.

Get over your stupid idea that there will be a great migration. There will not be one.

Old 10-07-2010, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
Who gives a f**k? Patriots and Loyalists have nothing to do with Dallas, Mexico City, or anything relating to the future of Dallas, DFW, Mexico, or Mexico City.

Why you are even bringing this stuff up is beyond me. It is irrelevant.

Im am not on vacation. I travel overseas for work 8 to 12 times a year. I work for the airlines.
In the United States, the criteria to use is the social contract. If things are to advance somewhere in the world outside of the United States, then the social contract will also have to advance. As it stands now, the United States is ground zero for the world's social contract: the relationship between the people and its government.
As you say, you clearly don't give a ****. You are a foreigner on perpetual vacation as it is obvious you have no idea what the social contract even means.

Old 10-07-2010, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
This again???

Your great migration is NEVER going to happen. Hispanics dont have to leave DFW to feel close to their culutre. They are already at home here. 1.4 million people in DFW speak spanish as a first language and 2 million people here are hispanic. DFW is a huge magnent for Hispanic magnent. Its also a magnent for other cultures too.

Get over your stupid idea that there will be a great migration. There will not be one.
Look, if we are going to live in a never ending fiesta, why not compromise? In other words, we can compromise to be even happier so that we can all get fatter, drink more, and have lots more children. So, I'm thinking in everyone's best interest here. See, as a foreigner, you don't know more about my nation any more than I know more about your foreign nation. When I was a child, there already were a lot of Texicans (Mexican Americans) living in Texas. Have you ever washed your clothes at a washateria? Texas isn't becoming a transitional zone. It has always been one. As northerners have always look down on southerners in Texas, southern Mexican illegals move up here and then have the gall to look down on Mexican Americans.
Now, an alternative to celebrating in a never ending fiesta is getting serious about the political situation going on in Texas. Like I said, The Declaration of Independence and The U.S. Constitution do not translate well from English into Spanish. The idea that someone is trying to make Spanish the official language of the cities of Houston and San Antonio is surely to make a lot of people more sober.
See, the idea of a mass migration is a thought that many can entertain. If you are a Mexican American, then why not move south to Houston and San Antonio where Spanish is the official language? If I am an Anglo living in the Houston area, why not consider moving north where I won't have to learn Spanish? See, before people get serious about doing something, they first have to be entertained with the idea. That is what I'm doing now. I'm entertaining.
Listening to you, I wouldn't want to hire you to work for my company. Now, I might have no choice in the matter as companies today have to fill a quota. So, it really doesn't impress me in the least when you say that you fly a lot.

Old 10-07-2010, 08:48 AM

687 posts, read 1,574,956 times
Quote:
You are a foreigner on perpetual vacation as it is obvious you have no idea what the social contract even means.
Not really sure where you get off calling an American a "foreigner." We all understand this "social contract" theory that you're espousing, but you apparently are unable to comprehend that none of us are buying it because it's based solely on your own personal prejudices and does not acknowledge facts that you choose to simply ignore based on your own biased worldview. You might try a different forum, because you don't have just a whole lot of credibility left in this one.

Old 10-07-2010, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Look, if we are going to live in a never ending fiesta, why not compromise? In other words, we can compromise to be even happier so that we can all get fatter, drink more, and have lots more children. So, I'm thinking in everyone's best interest here. See, as a foreigner, you don't know more about my nation any more than I know more about your foreign nation. When I was a child, there already were a lot of Texicans (Mexican Americans) living in Texas. Have you ever washed your clothes at a washateria? Texas isn't becoming a transitional zone. It has always been one. As northerners have always look down on southerners in Texas, southern Mexican illegals move up here and then have the gall to look down on Mexican Americans.
Now, an alternative to celebrating in a never ending fiesta is getting serious about the political situation going on in Texas. Like I said, The Declaration of Independence and The U.S. Constitution do not translate well from English into Spanish. The idea that someone is trying to make Spanish the official language of the cities of Houston and San Antonio is surely to make a lot of people more sober.
See, the idea of a mass migration is a thought that many can entertain. If you are a Mexican American, then why not move south to Houston and San Antonio where Spanish is the official language? If I am an Anglo living in the Houston area, why not consider moving north where I won't have to learn Spanish? See, before people get serious about doing something, they first have to be entertained with the idea. That is what I'm doing now. I'm entertaining.
Listening to you, I wouldn't want to hire you to work for my company. Now, I might have no choice in the matter as companies today have to fill a quota. So, it really doesn't impress me in the least when you say that you fly a lot.
I wouldnt work for you because youre a racist bigot with conspiracy theories that have no basis in reality. I refuse to spend my time around people like that.

You can call me a foreigner if you wish because I like the idea that we dont come from the same place, but I was born in the US (Torrance Memorial Hospital in Torrance, California). I am not a Mexican. I am mostly middle eastern, but my grandfather on my dad's side has his roots in Oklahoma for generations.

There is not going to be a mass exodus, ever. DFW's fate is sealed. It will continue to become more Hispanic. Its not changing. People dont listen to conspiracy theories like yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas