Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 02:45 PM

912 posts, read 1,887,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
SloopJohn, I will save you a lot of trouble, and also advise you to stock up on bandages and antiseptic, because what you'll be doing is the City-Data equivalent of say, repeatedly trying to bust through a brick wall using your head...

Because if you read the very last part of the post you responded to, therein lies the focal point, to him anyway, of this entire thread...

I'm sorry, but he and 500 of his closest friends don't have the stroke to be able to stand in the middle of the Rio Grande river, forming a human chain, with beer steins overflowing and singing 'Bum Bum Bum Bum---White Guys Uber Allllles, No To Mexicooooooo!!!!'

He, thank god, doesn't get to make that call, no matter how much whining and carping he does about 'Mexican Tyranny' and 'not licking Santa Ana's boots'...true, this is America, and being a citizen, does give him 1st Amendment rights to say what he says...but it also gives US the right to call bullpuckie on what he says too...

I'm sorry again, that the mere mention of Mexico City, or any of its citizens, in the same breath as Dallas, gives him the heebie-jeebies, but the notion of some 'whites in the North, Hispanics/Mexicans and everybody else wherever' type of Texas-utopia, is patently absurd, borderline delusional, and just plain old fashioned dumb...Texas is Texas, and neither he nor anyone else has the right to try and tell anyone else where and how they should live...unless he's the Almighty, walking amongst us rubes in some corporeal form, then maybe...but I seriously doubt that
I truly care about this nation's posteriety. This means that I am not an vain old man. I do have an agenda which you failed to mention. I have an agenda because our Declaration of Independence, our divorce decree from tyranny, and our U.S. Constitution, our new marriage to a more perfect government, do not translate from English into Spanish. Spanish is a language of, by, and for tyranny (developed and controlled by the state) while English is of, by, and for the people.
So, my plan is to isolate Spanish and English in Texas similarly to how French and English is isolated in Canada.
Right now, I'm just entertaining the idea of a mass migration to sort this all out.

Old 10-13-2010, 03:22 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,744,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Nifty View Post
So, my plan is to isolate Spanish and English in Texas similarly to how French and English is isolated in Canada.
Right now, I'm just entertaining the idea of a mass migration to sort this all out.
The problem is your ideas are not rooted in reality. There is no way they will ever happen. It sounds like you are just dreaming.

Kind of like a "wish upon a star" sort of thing.

Old 10-13-2010, 03:34 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,678 times
Lightbulb Son, You're Not Fooling Anybody...

Quote:
I truly care about this nation's posteriety. This means that I am not an vain old man. I do have an agenda which you failed to mention. I have an agenda because our Declaration of Independence, our divorce decree from tyranny, and our U.S. Constitution, our new marriage to a more perfect government, do not translate from English into Spanish. Spanish is a language of, by, and for tyranny (developed and controlled by the state) while English is of, by, and for the people.
Isolate English and Spanish? Yeah, right...I'm sorry if it twists your knickers that people speak Spanish, and may even be of (gasp!) Spanish origin, but your plan is just that---YOUR plan...people of whatever descent are going to live where the heck they wanna live---I mean, what part of that don't you comprehend?

Trying to say that Spanish is a language born of tyranny, and then wrapping yourself in the Constitution and the flag to deflect criticism, is kinda transparent...in other words, if it walks like a duck (your perceived problem with Mexicans entering the country, and the Spanish language), and acts like a duck (mass migration= 'run white folks! the evil Spanish-speakers are on the march!') and craps like a duck (isolation, my foot...sorry for your luck if you think you get to make the call about where and how people live...you simply don't have that kind of power, my friend)...then it's a duck...keep laboring mightily under the assumption that you will eventually create some sort of seperate oasis in Texas...not gonna happen

Too many people are tired of one group of people, or one person in this case, standing with hands on hips and a sour expression, thinking that they're going to tell everyone else how things are going/supposed to be

Old 10-13-2010, 04:13 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,744,433 times
Quote:
Trying to say that Spanish is a language born of tyranny, and then wrapping yourself in the Constitution and the flag to deflect criticism, is kinda transparent.
It was one of the more stupid things I heard. How could anyone think a language could represent something? Its just a means of communication of a particular country or culture.

We might want to ask the people of India, Nigeria, South Africa, and the Native Americans about how English is the language of the people.

Such stupidity. Much like the mass migration theory.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:31 PM

1,678 posts, read 3,738,703 times
Mods just close this thread before it gets even more ridiculous.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
The problem is your ideas are not rooted in reality. There is no way they will ever happen. It sounds like you are just dreaming.

Kind of like a "wish upon a star" sort of thing.
If the Canadians can do it, we can do it.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
It was one of the more stupid things I heard. How could anyone think a language could represent something? Its just a means of communication of a particular country or culture.

We might want to ask the people of India, Nigeria, South Africa, and the Native Americans about how English is the language of the people.

Such stupidity. Much like the mass migration theory.
English is a combination of French and West Germanic languages. As royalty learned French during the Norman conquest, the peasants continued using the West Germanic languages. The resulting language after the Normans were driven off became English. This is not a language of, for, and by tyranny.

Spanish is a romantic language. As it is expressed in gender, it has been controlled in how the people are taught to address royalty by way of Ustedes (formal you) and the commoner as Tu (informal you).

In my opinion, one of the reasons the bible is a poor translation in Latin is because of this reason. The far superior interpretation of the Holy bible was translated from Greek.

So, I have good reason to be concerned with keeping the original meanings of the "Declaration of Independence" and the "U.S. Constitution" in English.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo234 View Post
Mods just close this thread before it gets even more ridiculous.
Please, don't use that tactic. Get off your knees, quit kissing those boots, and debate like a man!

Old 10-13-2010, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Isolate English and Spanish? Yeah, right...I'm sorry if it twists your knickers that people speak Spanish, and may even be of (gasp!) Spanish origin, but your plan is just that---YOUR plan...people of whatever descent are going to live where the heck they wanna live---I mean, what part of that don't you comprehend?

Trying to say that Spanish is a language born of tyranny, and then wrapping yourself in the Constitution and the flag to deflect criticism, is kinda transparent...in other words, if it walks like a duck (your perceived problem with Mexicans entering the country, and the Spanish language), and acts like a duck (mass migration= 'run white folks! the evil Spanish-speakers are on the march!') and craps like a duck (isolation, my foot...sorry for your luck if you think you get to make the call about where and how people live...you simply don't have that kind of power, my friend)...then it's a duck...keep laboring mightily under the assumption that you will eventually create some sort of seperate oasis in Texas...not gonna happen

Too many people are tired of one group of people, or one person in this case, standing with hands on hips and a sour expression, thinking that they're going to tell everyone else how things are going/supposed to be
Well, you ain't gonna snatch this cookie! That is why we need to draw the line. On one side needs to be those folks who want to do away with all personal commitment, any kind of submissiveness to the rules, regulations, and the laws, and the nickles worth of effort it would take to pull up a pair of pants. You need to be made to suffer this travesty when it withers away and stinks to hog heaven, not me!
And you will.
Me?
I am a faithful man. I don't celebrate like a drunken fool every other day. Life is not a song. I like making others happy. My family is the valued customer. To have a rich society, we need and should demand great customer service! I obey the rules, regulations and the laws.
My pants are pulled up and fit snug with a belt.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:05 PM

1,678 posts, read 3,738,703 times
Quote:
Please, don't use that tactic. Get off your knees, quit kissing those boots, and debate like a man!
Sorry but your "argument" just smacks of racism/bigotry which I am pretty sure is against the forum's rules. It is similar to a white supremacist saying that "____________________" should only live here and not there.
(fill in ethnic group/race)

Last edited by diablo234; 10-13-2010 at 10:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas