Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 08:14 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,818,525 times

Advertisements

I suspect mike was just a drive-by.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:20 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,790,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Nifty View Post
Of course, the city of Dallas is just a portion of the Dallas - Fort Worth area.
I foresee Anglos in the future fleeing from the city of Houston and the northern part of the city of San Antonio to the areas of Austin and the Dallas - Fort Worth just as they are now fleeing from California to the west in places like Arizona and Nevada and north to places like Oregon and Washington. While these areas in Texas also have large Hispanic populations, their ambience takes on more of an Anglo culture than a Hispanic one.
Have you ever been to Dallas Mister Nifty? It has a higher percentage of Hispanics than the City of Houston. That is the precise reason why people create post like this. They stereotype the city and assume that it's mostly white simply because it's further north and because TV shows portray it as mostly white, instead of doing some simple research.

Dallas
Hispanics or Latino 43.1%
Non-hispanic Whites 30.1%

Houston
Hispanic or Latino 41.9%
Non-hispanic Whites 27.9%

2006-2008 American Community Survey

Old 09-23-2010, 10:34 AM

And all races move from California. Most of the people I have met leave because of the high cost of living. So I wouldn't be surprised if Blacks and Hispanics leave at an even higher percentage rate than Whites and Asians.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:33 AM

912 posts, read 1,887,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollaztx View Post
Have you ever been to Dallas Mister Nifty? It has a higher percentage of Hispanics than the City of Houston. That is the precise reason why people create post like this. They stereotype the city and assume that it's mostly white simply because it's further north and because TV shows portray it as mostly white, instead of doing some simple research.

Dallas
Hispanics or Latino 43.1%
Non-hispanic Whites 30.1%

Houston
Hispanic or Latino 41.9%
Non-hispanic Whites 27.9%

2006-2008 American Community Survey
Indeed, but the city of Houston has a population over two million people and a lot more Hispanics spread out about its metropolitan area. Houston has more Hispanics than the city of San Antonio.
So, you deny that Anglos are moving out of California to get away from the invasion coming across from Mexico? Why are California companies moving to Texas? Well, one reason is the state is having to pay a huge cost to take care of these people.
As Phoenix is one of the cities that Anglo Californians are moving to, it isn't like that city didn't already have Hispanics living there. In picking Austin and Dallas as the two cities Anglos will flee to from Houston and the northern portion of San Antonio, before fleeing even further into the nation's interior in the future, I just figured a distance about equivalent to what Californian Anglos are now fleeing out of their state.
Look, I disagree with the so-called sophisticates in this forum. It doesn't take major stress to cause major change. It only takes minor stresses to trigger people into thinking about moving to better places.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollaztx View Post
And all races move from California. Most of the people I have met leave because of the high cost of living. So I wouldn't be surprised if Blacks and Hispanics leave at an even higher percentage rate than Whites and Asians.
Yet, the state of Arizona is where Anglos are moving to and drawing a political line that is causing a lot of controversy. I will agree that blacks are about as happy as whites at this invasion coming across our border.
Look, is there a magic dust in the soil in the United States that doesn't exist down in Mexico? What? These people can somehow flee from the tyranny in Mexico and not bring within them the same tyranny when they cross the border?
If it is your desire to be cool, flippant, and even promiscuous on this subject, then you can just float that wishy washy boat as that is your right. Me? I understand what it means to be a true American.
There is a sign at the border that clearly is telling these people to stay out. In contempt, they ignore it and cross over anyway. You know, there is a reason these people live so pitifully. It is a result of a tyranny in Mexico. While Mexico is a rich nation, these poor people actually revel and celebrate their impoverishment and persecution. Holiday after holiday, life down there is an endless party of drinking and dancing.
If this is true, then why do they come to the United States? Well, first of all, our government up in Washington DC has spread our legs wide open for them to come in. Second, the never ending party is just a lot better in the United States than down in Mexico.
And if all races are fleeing California, then it would seem that the state would be losing population. But I think it is more likely that the state is adding more Hispanics by birth. I'm going to check this out. I'll get back with you.
Here is an article describing the out migration from California in 2008:
http://articles.latimes.com/2008/dec...g-california18
Here is a politically biased report on California in the year 2009 but it does list a lot of interesting statistics:
http://www.independentpoliticalrepor...out-migration/
Here is a report in 2008 on the black out migration of California:
http://www.newgeography.com/content/...out-california
Here is a more substantial report on the out migration of the most recent recession.
http://www.brookings.edu/~/media/fil...ation_frey.pdf

Last edited by Mister Nifty; 09-23-2010 at 12:30 PM..

Old 09-23-2010, 11:51 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,818,525 times
Quote:
Indeed, but the city of Houston has a population over two million people and a lot more Hispanics spread out about its metropolitan area. Houston has more Hispanics than the city of San Antonio.
So, you deny that Anglos are moving out of California to get away from the invasion coming across from Mexico? Why are California companies moving to Texas? Well, one reason is the state is having to pay a huge cost to take care of these people.
As Phoenix is one of the cities that Anglo Californians are moving to, it isn't like that city didn't already have Hispanics living there. In picking Austin and Dallas as the two cities Anglos will flee to from Houston and the northern portion of San Antonio, before fleeing even further into the nation's interior in the future, I just figured a distance about equivalent to what Californian Anglos are now fleeing out of their state.
Look, I disagree with the so-called sophisticates in this forum. It doesn't take major stress to cause major change. It only takes minor stresses to trigger people into thinking about moving to better places.
This is kind of interesting. Arizona raises the ire of the feds for enforcing their own border, yet when Texas asks for federal help to enforce its border, the feds essentially say, "you're on your own."

Old 09-23-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo234 View Post
No offense but that is the most idiotic post I have seen. California anglos are not moving to Arizona and Nevada because they lack a latino presence. They are moving there because of jobs and lower cost of living. Heck Phoenix by itself has the fourth highest population of Mexicans and Mexican Americans in the U.S. Likewise Texas anglos are not going to move to Austin or DFW because of a domineering Latino presence in Houston and San Antonio. Especially since Texas as a whole is a minority majority state and that DFW by itself has a large and rapidly growing hispanic population along with Austin.
Before saying that something is idiotic, get your facts straight. First off, there is a difference between Mexican Americans and Mexican Nationals. You don't lump all those people into one. Talk to Mexican Americans and they will tell you how they feel contempt for Mexican Nationals similarly to how southerners feel intimidated by northerners. The biggest numbers of murdered in Houston on the weekend twenty years ago happened in bars frequented by Mexican Nationals and Mexican Americans. Does this still happen? Who knows. Because of LULAC, the newspaper no longer publishes those statistics. It is funny how people in here go to vote and they don't even realize there is already a drastic cultural difference between a Mexican American and a Mexican National.
The Mexican Americans living here do not want any part of Mexico. So, you have to discount them from the numbers of so-called "Mexicans." I would go so far to venture that such people are likewise looking for a way of escaping from the illegals invading our nation.
You have to admit that the perception is real. Any place where you have Hispanics living, the perception is you will have poverty. No one wants that. Not even Mexicans.
I guess the real question is which metropolitan area has the largest numbers of illegals, Dallas - Fort Worth or Houston?

Old 09-23-2010, 12:13 PM

Quote:
So, you deny that Anglos are moving out of California to get away from the invasion coming across from Mexico?
I never denied that. I am pretty sure that Anglos are moving away from California along with Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, and everything else. The reason why you assume that it is only whites is because when they move they dont have new Anglo immigrants to replace them so it's easier to see it in the numbers than it would be for Asians and Hispanics who are constantly being replaced by new immigrants from Asia and Latin America. It is no secret that Hispanics and Blacks earn less than Whites and Asians. So guess who thinks about leaving the most when the cost of living goes up? That is all I said.

Quote:
Why are California companies moving to Texas?
One word. Money. It is not about race or immigration. If it was then we would see them (along with Texas based companies) moving in droves to Utah, Kansas, and so on as more Hispanics move in.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:19 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,840,928 times
There is nothing wrong with Dallas or any other american city being majority hispanic.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
This is kind of interesting. Arizona raises the ire of the feds for enforcing their own border, yet when Texas asks for federal help to enforce its border, the feds essentially say, "you're on your own."
When you have lightning in a bottle, you have to force yourself at time to cherish it. Of course, if someone foreign doesn't share my opinion that our nation has lightning in a bottle, then I'm not going to give them the time of day. In other words, its about time we started preserving our cookie by zipping things up. Snug up those pants just a little bit. Get to work. We have lots of pieces that need to be put back together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas