Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 04:01 PM

912 posts, read 1,883,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
Unfortunately, The Dallas of the Future looks far WORSE than Mexico City, Today.

Mexico, currently, is a relatively-rich nation neighboring a (still, but only temporarily) rich nation. Much of Mexico's wealth is due to its proximity to the US. The US, once it sinks into poverty and dysfunction, will not have a rich neighbor. The only rich countries will be China, Korea, and Japan.

Whether the US splinters into smaller nations, or simply goes the way of Russia and China, sinking into a morass of murder and poverty (after they had succumbed to Marxist Ideologies and regimes), but with borders intact, things are almost surely going to be horrible. Western Civilization, itself, will probably disappear.

So, the standard of living in Dallas will not even approach that of Mexico City, today.

And remember that Dallas has a horrible climate, given to temperature extremes. Mexico City has a very stable and benign climate, due to its high altitude and low humidity. Once Dallas' infrastructure decays to match America's new Third-World populace, those central heating and cooling units will be too costly to run and maintain, for most people. And when all those tarpaper roofs on all those Dallas McMansions start to leak...and Black Mould starts growing in the insulation.... Ewwwwww.....

And take a look at the National IQ Tables from IQ & The Wealth of Nations. Currently, America is importing hordes of people from places where the Average IQ is far below that of Pre-Columbian North American Natives. The Average IQ in Dallas may end up far lower than that of today's Mexico City. Low IQ has a high correlation with poverty and crime.

Plus, there will be famines, and government purges of targeted groups, and armed paramilitary groups from various factions roaming about robbing and torturing and maiming and murdering, and riots... and no-telling-what-else... (like regular prison trains, loaded with Americans, imprisoned on one pretext or another, being shipped off to points unknown, to be worked to death as 'contract labor' for one corporation or another).

So no: only in one's wildest dreams will the Dallas of Tomorrow be like the Mexico City of Today.

(But don't worry: this will only last a couple of decades. Without altruistic Europeans around to lobby for environmental causes, technology will run amok, and the Planet will soon be incapable of supporting higher life forms.)
Looking on the bright side, I can take comfort in knowing I will probably be dead and stinking in the grave when, in the future, all that comes to pass. If not, then I can always flip burgers for the national social collective.

Old 09-23-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandstorm214 View Post
The vast majority I've known are thrilled to be here and don't bring "tyranny" with them. There's a reason they left their country to come and be a part of ours, and that reason is usually to get away from that tyranny. I think you're taking a few bad apples and holding them out as representative of the bunch, which isn't fair or correct.

Please don't speak for me as a Texan, because I don't agree with you. I don't feel helpless at all. While I'm all for increased border security, I think you're taking the issue to an extreme.
Contrary to you begging to differ on the matter of what most of us feel as Texans, I think it is quite clear that you are the one who is disillusioned.
In other words, think about what you stated? You basically disagree that most Texans feel powerless in stopping Washington DC from allowing illegal aliens to pour over our borders unimpeded?
We write without thinking.

Old 09-23-2010, 04:11 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,829,403 times
sounds like Dallas is turning into another LA

Old 09-23-2010, 04:15 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,783,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Nifty View Post
As an Anglo, I don't want to have to move to Oklahoma in the future. But, as hard as it is to admit so, I'd much rather be an American living in Oklahoma than have to live in a Texas once again corrupted by the tyranny state of Mexico.
Finally you will go to a place that lacks a significant Hispanic population (not that there aren't any). Just be careful with any Mexican invasions coming from Chicago. Oh, and it was the Caddo that controlled what today is Dallas not the Comanche.

Old 09-23-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post
Actually Mexico City is much more of a global city than Dallas, so this is actually a compliment.

Also I find the language fears amusing. My grandparents came to Texas legally. My parents caught all kinds of grief as non-English speaking children in East Texas. But guess what. They assimilated. Consequently I know very little Spanish. Now the tables are slowly turning, and Spanish may become the dominant language in my lifetime. I don't have a problem with that. I actually enjoy more education
When you say you don't have a problem with something, are you speaking from the point of view of virtue or of promescuity? See, I don't know whether to take you seriously as a lot of people won't have a problem with stopping off to participate in an orgy before later on spending the night out drinking beer with friends and then going to a movie.
You know what I mean here? Shoot, nowadays a young man doesn't even have to take his pants off. No, he can just slip them the rest of the way off as he will already have them half the way down.
But, thanks for bringing up another important reason why Anglos will be fleeing north from Houston and the northern portion of San Antonio to live in Austin and Dallas - Fort Wort. They won't be able to speak the Spanish language.

Old 09-23-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollaztx View Post
Finally you will go to a place that lacks a significant Hispanic population (not that there aren't any). Just be careful with any Mexican invasions coming from Chicago. Oh, and it was the Caddo that controlled what today is Dallas not the Comanche.
The Anglos were invited to settle Texas to serve as a settlement and a buffer zone between the Comanches and Mexico. The Commanches owned Texas, not Mexico. When the Commanches wanted something from Mexico, they just rode down there and took it from them.

Old 09-23-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
sounds like Dallas is turning into another LA
Actually, Houston is the metropolitan area more like L.A. You at least show you aren't in denial in what is happening to the great state of Texas. I have perceived some not so wonderful things when Texas once again corrupts back to Mexico with these being dirty food, dirty tables, and longer and longer lines at the stores.

Old 09-23-2010, 04:30 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,665,542 times
Explain the explosive Hispanic growth rate in the Metroplex. Also explain the explosive domestic growth rate in Greater Houston. These are indisputable facts.

Im interested to know how you can and still believe some of the things you have posted.

Old 09-23-2010, 04:36 PM

687 posts, read 1,574,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Nifty View Post
We write without thinking.
Do you have a mouse in your pocket?

Old 09-23-2010, 05:14 PM

965 posts, read 1,879,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
Unfortunately, The Dallas of the Future looks far WORSE than Mexico City, Today.

Mexico, currently, is a relatively-rich nation neighboring a (still, but only temporarily) rich nation. Much of Mexico's wealth is due to its proximity to the US. The US, once it sinks into poverty and dysfunction, will not have a rich neighbor. The only rich countries will be China, Korea, and Japan.

Whether the US splinters into smaller nations, or simply goes the way of Russia and China, sinking into a morass of murder and poverty (after they had succumbed to Marxist Ideologies and regimes), but with borders intact, things are almost surely going to be horrible. Western Civilization, itself, will probably disappear.

So, the standard of living in Dallas will not even approach that of Mexico City, today.

And remember that Dallas has a horrible climate, given to temperature extremes. Mexico City has a very stable and benign climate, due to its high altitude and low humidity. Once Dallas' infrastructure decays to match America's new Third-World populace, those central heating and cooling units will be too costly to run and maintain, for most people. And when all those tarpaper roofs on all those Dallas McMansions start to leak...and Black Mould starts growing in the insulation.... Ewwwwww.....

And take a look at the National IQ Tables from IQ & The Wealth of Nations. Currently, America is importing hordes of people from places where the Average IQ is far below that of Pre-Columbian North American Natives. The Average IQ in Dallas may end up far lower than that of today's Mexico City. Low IQ has a high correlation with poverty and crime.

Plus, there will be famines, and government purges of targeted groups, and armed paramilitary groups from various factions roaming about robbing and torturing and maiming and murdering, and riots... and no-telling-what-else... (like regular prison trains, loaded with Americans, imprisoned on one pretext or another, being shipped off to points unknown, to be worked to death as 'contract labor' for one corporation or another).

So no: only in one's wildest dreams will the Dallas of Tomorrow be like the Mexico City of Today.

(But don't worry: this will only last a couple of decades. Without altruistic Europeans around to lobby for environmental causes, technology will run amok, and the Planet will soon be incapable of supporting higher life forms.)
Brilliant post full of win. It's good to see the voices of the conscious be heard on this wal-mart ass board. When you're awake and seeing what's really going on, it's hard for the unwashed simpletons to comprehend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas