Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 08:10 AM

398 posts, read 729,087 times

Advertisements

I have been looking to relocate for the last 2 years, and I finally found a job.............actually the job of my dreams
Now I have to pack and relocate in 30 days. I will be in Plano, please tell me about schools, and overall about the area. See you soon!!!!!

Last edited by GABMER; 09-25-2010 at 08:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 09:06 AM

6,578 posts, read 25,456,658 times
The Plano schools are very good. But watch your boundaries, school districts don't match up with city limit lines. You can live in Dallas or Richardson and be in Plano schools or live in Plano and be in Frisco schools or live in Frisco and be in Lewisville schools or live in Little Elm and be in Frisco schools or live in Dallas and be in Richardson schools or live in McKinney and be in Prosper or Frisco schools and and and .... you get the idea.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
The Plano schools are very good. But watch your boundaries, school districts don't match up with city limit lines. You can live in Dallas or Richardson and be in Plano schools or live in Plano and be in Frisco schools or live in Frisco and be in Lewisville schools or live in Little Elm and be in Frisco schools or live in Dallas and be in Richardson schools or live in McKinney and be in Prosper or Frisco schools and and and .... you get the idea.
Get it!

Old 09-25-2010, 09:45 AM

885 posts, read 1,552,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABMER View Post
I have been looking to relocate for the last 2 years, and I finally found a job.............actually the job of my dreams
Now I have to pack and relocate in 30 days. I will be in Plano, please tell me about schools, and overall about the area. See you soon!!!!!
What kind of job is it?

Old 09-25-2010, 11:29 AM

225 posts, read 518,753 times
Plano is an affluent Northern suburb of Dallas located mostly in Collin County. We have a well master planned system for transportation that you should find easy to navigate once you're on the ground here. Most of the schools in Plano are very good. For more information on schools, visit the Texas Education Agency site.

We have just about everything you can think of somewhere in the City so ease of retail is a nice convenience. You'll have to check out the Shops at Legacy (located off of the North Dallas Tollroad) as it has a lot ot offer in this department.

Congratulations on the job offer. What is the job of your dreams and where will your work location be? Since it sounds like you'll have to move here in a rush, you might want to check out staying in the Residence Inn by Mariott located off of Preston and Spring Creek in Plano. It's still a hotel, but accomodates its guests more completely as it was designed for situations like yours.

Ryan

Old 09-25-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Kirkpatrick View Post
Congratulations on the job offer. What is the job of your dreams and where will your work location be? Since it sounds like you'll have to move here in a rush, you might want to check out staying in the Residence Inn by Mariott located off of Preston and Spring Creek in Plano. It's still a hotel, but accomodates its guests more completely as it was designed for situations like yours.

Ryan
Or, better yet, just rent an apartment close to your work with a 6 month lease. Move in, and contact Ryan Kirkpatrick directly to use his service to help you locate a home to buy within that 6 months.

Old 09-25-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Kirkpatrick View Post
Plano is an affluent Northern suburb of Dallas located mostly in Collin County. We have a well master planned system for transportation that you should find easy to navigate once you're on the ground here. Most of the schools in Plano are very good. For more information on schools, visit the Texas Education Agency site.

We have just about everything you can think of somewhere in the City so ease of retail is a nice convenience. You'll have to check out the Shops at Legacy (located off of the North Dallas Tollroad) as it has a lot ot offer in this department.

Ryan
I will be working 15 min away on Preston Rd. I am in Real Estate and will be working for a Financial Institution as a Regional Operations Manager

Old 09-25-2010, 02:24 PM

912 posts, read 1,887,110 times
Quote:
Congratulations! Plano is just about the best place one can live in the world, next to one of the greatest cities in the world, within one of the greatest metropolitan areas as well.

Old 09-25-2010, 02:47 PM

225 posts, read 518,753 times
That's great Gabmer. Congratulations! To be able to get a the ideal job that suits you at present is a huge accomplishment. I think you will like the Preston Rd. area of Plano very much when you come to town.

There are plenty of A1 rated apartment complexes along Preston that you can live in however long you would like to. I recommend Archstone Apartments located off on the inside Southeast corner of Preston and Park in Plano. They have nice townhome floor plans that they rent out as well that are pretty cool. Check out apartmentguide.com to see what else Plano has to offer in the way of apartments should you want to go that route.

Ryan

Old 09-25-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
I will be working 15 min away on Preston Rd. I am in Real Estate and will be working for a Financial Institution as a Regional Operations Manager
How did you get that job?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas