U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 07:21 AM

33,365 posts, read 37,667,470 times

Advertisements

Hi guys, need your help.

I've been in the doghouse the last 2-3 weeks and have a chance to hopefully return to good graces with my wife. Her birthday is Mid-Oct and I thought I'd start with a Luxury Spa treatment, Pedicure and all the other Girly things to pamper her and get me back in good graces.

Can you recommend in Dallas (and North) a spa treatment that will blow her away yet not cost my next house payment ?

That will be step 1 in getting me back in her good graces, what else have you done that would be a real treat that you could share ?

Any suggestions (Food, Hotel Suite, etc) will be greatly appreciated, I'm tired of sleeping on the couch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 09:04 AM

101 posts, read 199,500 times
Try Aveda Institute at Parklane! They use instructor supervised students. The price is normally one third comparing to other spas. You can ask for a student who is close to graduation. I highly recommend them for facials or body wraps (for the price, I can go every week)! Here's their packages:
Dallas Packages - Aveda Institutes: Cosmetology School, Esthiology School and Service Locations in Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, North Carolina and Texas (http://www.avedainstitutesbb.com/spa-packages-dallas.php - broken link)
You can download their full service menu.

If you think your wife would prefer ultimate luxury, then Ritz Carlton is the place, I think they have some spa special on:
http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Proper...s/Spa/Menu.htm

Last edited by fabulous_nobody; 09-29-2010 at 09:18 AM..

Old 09-29-2010, 10:23 AM

1,261 posts, read 2,120,797 times
Dude, if you are *really* in the doghouse, then now is not the time to pinch pennies! Let's face it -- a few hundred on spa services is waaaay cheaper than a divorce!

Have you checked out The Woodhouse Spa in the Shops at Legacy?

Woodhouse Day Spas, Plano, Texas

Old 09-29-2010, 11:19 AM

14,874 posts, read 37,688,126 times
The Red Door Spa by Elizabeth Arden at Willow Bend Mall or across from NorthPark are both very good and AWESOME! I'd go for a day right now there.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:48 PM

4,148 posts, read 13,609,501 times
I personally wouldn't care for anything that I can get myself like a spa treatment. If you are in the doghouse, you need to do something that she can't do herself. Do you have a "honey do list" that you've been putting off? The old fashioned way of cooking her dinner and flowers still work wonders. Hire someone to clean the house too.

Naima

Old 09-30-2010, 12:24 AM

10,905 posts, read 8,296,933 times
I've got a drawer full of gift certificates for massages and mani-peds, given me thru the years by my husand. Not because he was in the doghouse but because some clueless twit in his company suggested I'd enjoy them on various occasions, ie Valentine's Day, Xmas, etc.
I always smiled sweetly and praised him for his thoughtfulness before I stuck them in the drawer.

If he'd been in the doghouse and was trying to buy his way out with them, I'd have poured his favorite booze on them, piled them in his closet, and then ignited them.

Are you SURE this is what your wife wants? ie, have you fixed/amended the behavior that landed you in the doghouse to start with?

edit: to add to what nsumner said, I've always been way happier when biscuitpop has done stuff like laundry, housekeeping, cooking, grocery shopping, car detailing, etc.,than when he gave me a gift card for anything.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:25 AM

19,864 posts, read 57,080,389 times
Jewelry is also good! If you know your wife's tastes well enough and it doesn't break the bank. The only way a spa would work is if you drive her to/from the place and clean the house while she's there.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:41 AM

12,089 posts, read 22,712,729 times
I'm clearly in the minority, but I would love and appreciate a good day at the spa.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:36 PM

14,874 posts, read 37,688,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
I'm clearly in the minority, but I would love and appreciate a good day at the spa.
I am right there with you. I LOVE going to the spa and when it is a surprise it is a nice treat . I like those as hubby makes sure I have nothing planned on whatever day he is planning and he takes me and then comes back and picks me up hours later and we stop for dinner. The Elizabeth Arden Red Door spa is nice as they also do your hair and makeup afterwards depending on which package you get. You walk out looking great.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:40 PM

101 posts, read 199,500 times
I love a good day at the spa too. My husband has never been in the doghouse so far, so I don't know if a day at the spa would get him out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas