Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 01:38 AM

384 posts, read 1,413,043 times

Advertisements

here ill add a 5 why not...

reason 5 (http://www.dentonlive.com/FEATURES/MusicCity/tabid/3198/Default.aspx - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2007, 08:04 AM

875 posts, read 1,092,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbit View Post
u really read it wrong. its okay. it happens when u are looking for the wrong thing.

here im going to really break your response right here. 4 reasons why Denton IS NOT like any small town USA...

reason 1

reason 2

reason 3

reason 4

and thats just dealing with the music part.

go ahead and tell me again why Denton is like any other small town USA?

do all other small towns USA have these types of credentials? Cause if they do I must be missing something.
I was speaking about the visual image one gets when looking at roads, buildings, and neighborhoods.

Not everyone is in their 20's and looking for night life. As for the layout of the town, I stand by my original statement. Appearance-wise, Denton looks like any small town USA.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysrodgers View Post
I was speaking about the visual image one gets when looking at roads, buildings, and neighborhoods.

Not everyone is in their 20's and looking for night life. As for the layout of the town, I stand by my original statement. Appearance-wise, Denton looks like any small town USA.
events happen during the day too and 30+ seem to show up a lot. infact most 20yr olds dont have a clue whats happening.
appearances can be deceiving cant they?

denton you can say is guilded. you have to pry open that coal to get to the diamonds. most cities you are just left with coal.

uve only been twice. ive been living here for over 10months.

personality wise denton beats out most small towns USA.

music and arts have a lot to do with its personality fabric.

there is no town in texas like Denton. and thats the straight truth.

when most people say that they usually are just biased and dont have material for their preference.... but Denton has the goods and reputaiton to back it up.

Last edited by jabbit; 11-27-2007 at 10:14 AM..

Old 11-27-2007, 10:29 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,792,673 times
I moved here a couple years ago with my family from Arizona. I like the people, the colleges and "Old Downtown Square" are all nice. My big beef is the traffic with I-35 too narrow and loop 288 taking forever to renovate. But traffic is going to get you no matter where you are in Dallas, pretty much.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I thought Denton was an awful city. The culture there is horrible.

Frisco, Southlake, Plano, Richardson, Grapevine, and Dallas are really cool cities.
let me see u back up that claim. why is Frisco cooler than Denton?

you talk a lot without much evidence.

u usually just bring all down to personaly expeirence which usually is fine.... but from an objective standpoint doesnt work. i just provided the board with 5 "reasonably" objective reasons why Denton is cooler than any of those cities u cited. lets see u provide 5 objective reasons why Frisco is cooler.

in case you havent heard Frisco is cookier cutter which usually equates to no unique personality and thus no soul and thus like any other affluent area in DFW.

when a poster from another board wanted Denton to aspire to be like Frisco someone responded with this....

"Yeah let's all aspire to be FRISCO and implement more STRIP-MALLS!

That's one thing I like about the part of the country I live in now is that people don't say that ****. They riot against wal-mart in the streets, literally.

When I lived in Dallas I always felt like Fred Flintstone driving down I-35 toward dallas, or up 75 over by Frisco.

You know how Fred n Barney would pass by the same rock like 100 times, every 3 seconds when they were driving as the animation was a 'loop'?

That's how I felt driving by "strip mall... Best Buy, Petsmart, Toys R Us, some car audio place...chain restaurant... strip mall... Best Buy, Petsmart, Toys R Us, some car audio place...chain restaurant... strip mall... Best Buy, Petsmart, Toys R Us, some car audio place...chain restaurant... strip mall... Best Buy, Petsmart, Toys R Us, some car audio place...chain restaurant..." etc etc.

Is that really quality of life? I guess it certainly makes shopping and the like easy and familiar, which probably has its appeal. But you can have it"

Old 11-27-2007, 10:35 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
That was pretty good jabbit -- but you left out Home Depot and Lowe's..

Old 11-27-2007, 11:17 AM

Quote:
let me see u back up that claim. why is Frisco cooler than Denton?

you talk a lot without much evidence.

u usually just bring all down to personaly expeirence which usually is fine.... but from an objective standpoint doesnt work. i just provided the board with 5 "reasonably" objective reasons why Denton is cooler than any of those cities u cited. lets see u provide 5 objective reasons why Frisco is cooler.

in case you havent heard Frisco is cookier cutter which usually equates to no unique personality and thus no soul and thus like any other affluent area in DFW.

when a poster from another board wanted Denton to aspire to be like Frisco someone responded with this....

"Yeah let's all aspire to be FRISCO and implement more STRIP-MALLS!

That's one thing I like about the part of the country I live in now is that people don't say that ****. They riot against wal-mart in the streets, literally.

When I lived in Dallas I always felt like Fred Flintstone driving down I-35 toward dallas, or up 75 over by Frisco.

You know how Fred n Barney would pass by the same rock like 100 times, every 3 seconds when they were driving as the animation was a 'loop'?

That's how I felt driving by "strip mall... Best Buy, Petsmart, Toys R Us, some car audio place...chain restaurant... strip mall... Best Buy, Petsmart, Toys R Us, some car audio place...chain restaurant... strip mall... Best Buy, Petsmart, Toys R Us, some car audio place...chain restaurant... strip mall... Best Buy, Petsmart, Toys R Us, some car audio place...chain restaurant..." etc etc.

Is that really quality of life? I guess it certainly makes shopping and the like easy and familiar, which probably has its appeal. But you can have it"
LOL @ Fred Flintstone! I know just what you mean! It's good you have hometown pride. I wasn't dissing Denton, just listing my observations.

Old 11-27-2007, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
That was pretty good jabbit -- but you left out Home Depot and Lowe's..

true that. you can add those if ud like. it would work.

Old 11-27-2007, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysrodgers View Post
LOL @ Fred Flintstone! I know just what you mean! It's good you have hometown pride. I wasn't dissing Denton, just listing my observations.

i apologize for taking like u were.
its hard to see peoples expressions and emotions thru here. i thought about what u said and i can see why u said it. i have no issues with that.

Old 11-27-2007, 12:18 PM

Quote:
i apologize for taking like u were.
its hard to see peoples expressions and emotions thru here. i thought about what u said and i can see why u said it. i have no issues with that.
No worries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas