Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 05:39 PM

2 posts, read 10,517 times

Advertisements

Can anyone comment on this city ?Looking to relocate.Is it a good place to raise kids?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2006, 09:47 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
It is a college town. Two colleges in the city: University of North Texas and Texas Woman's University. Went to both schools. Denton is GROWING!!!!! By leaps and bounds. I was shocked at how much it has grown in the last year or two. I have a relative that lives there and her kids went thru the school district and they seemed to like it. Both went to UNT. One getting ready to graduate and the other just started. Like any other city/town, it is up to parents to be there as parents and to know what is going on w/ your child and at their school and who their friends are.

Old 08-17-2006, 10:33 PM

3,035 posts, read 14,428,174 times
I know that taxes seem lower (2.35ish) in Denton County, hence why the western portion of Frisco is pretty attractive. I've also heard that Denton county is home to some of the most affluent areas in Dallas.

Old 08-27-2007, 09:58 AM

12 posts, read 45,774 times
Question Denton Eastside (rural)

How is it on the east side of Denton (north of Lake Dallas) between Cooper Creek & Greenbelt Corridor Park?

Also, how is the drive from there to Lewisville?

Old 11-07-2007, 01:15 PM

19 posts, read 239,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheApologist View Post
Also, how is the drive from there to Lewisville?
The drive to Lewisville isn't bad, depending on what time you're going at. 35E-North is horrible during the hours of 7-9AM, 11AM-1PM and 3-7 PM, basically anytime you drive from dallas to denton or similar taking 35E will often end up in some sort of traffic.

However, if you give or take on about a 3 PM commute to Lewisville from Denton will take you around 15-20 minutes, but since traffic is so unreliable, it can take you up to 30-35 minutes on a bad day.

I drive from Denton to Dallas on any given friday, it'll take me about 45 minutes to get to dallas. So really, it's not that bad.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:25 PM

384 posts, read 1,413,043 times
Denton is Denton. Its the suburb antithesis of the "cookie cutter no soul no unique identity, over indulgence, big money" characteristic, of Frisco.

Lots of folks move to Denton from Frisco for school and often say they love how Denton has "a scene" and "charechter" as opposed to Frisco.

I know you really didnt ask for a compare n contrast here... but i feel that when speaking of Denton its good to tell u automatically what its the opposite of.

Sadly, Its truly the only suburb of the DFW area (if you like to call it that some claim it isnt) that has its own personal identity. I say "sadly" because I wish other areas had a unique personality pulse as well. But mostly you just find every other town usually the same... cut from the same mold.

By my standards its perfect to raise kids in.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:09 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
I thought Denton was an awful city. The culture there is horrible.

Frisco, Southlake, Plano, Richardson, Grapevine, and Dallas are really cool cities.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:37 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,145,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I thought Denton was an awful city. The culture there is horrible.

Frisco, Southlake, Plano, Richardson, Grapevine, and Dallas are really cool cities.
Dude....Frisco? Come on, you must be kidding. Frisco is pretty much nothing but a bedroom community full of big box stores.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:59 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
Frisco is NOT perfect. I agree. The big box stores and stadium there are cool in my opinion though!

Denton was just creepy. very creepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Dude....Frisco? Come on, you must be kidding. Frisco is pretty much nothing but a bedroom community full of big box stores.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:14 PM

1,197 posts, read 3,581,217 times
Denton, creepy? Come on now. It's one of the last areas of DFW that actually has some character about it. Sure, its not perfect in any way, but it's WAY better than Frisco or even Plano in my opinion; but, I am somewhat biased too since my alma mater is there, hence my screen name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas