Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 04:15 PM

14 posts, read 17,776 times

Advertisements

It's not that I don't believe you, it's just seems like the little man always gets screwed and they let the big fish off. Oh well, it is what it is!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 04:33 PM

3,810 posts, read 8,698,048 times
You said it in your first post - buyer beware. You didn't do your homework and got screwed. You are assuming the broker knew and that they were lying. What proof do you have of that? If the seller would avoid insurance to keep it off the books, it's entirely likely they'd lie to the broker. And it's also possible that the broker is also lying. Which doesn't really explain why you selected them to represent YOU.

You don't want to pay an attorney, you didn't want to pay for your own representation during the process and now your plan to cheap out is resulting in you wanting to spend other people's tax dollars on an arrest, jail and trail of someone you don't even know is guilty.

Old 10-19-2010, 04:44 PM

Give me a break, most likely nobody is going to jail, and when you talk about cheap out, that is ridiculous, I am already stuck with repair bills, plus everything I lost because of Liars. I do not want the Gov. to do anything for me. Get your facts straight before spouting off. Thank God my children didn't wind up in the hospital from the existing black mold. Good Grief!

Old 10-19-2010, 04:47 PM

By the way trial isn't spelled like that. The Facts are I am going to have to pay for an attorney, win or lose, thank you very much. And yes I made mistakes but I sure don't need your help reminding me of them.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:34 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,692,464 times
You said the house was a FSBO but the broker lied to you?
If the house is "FSBO" then the seller does not have a broker or agent representing them. Was the house listed w/ an agent or did they have it FSBO? If it was FSBO then the agent/broker would have been working for you and only would have known what the seller (or their agent if it was listed) told them. They really would not be privy to any other information. If it was listed w/ an agent then it was not FSBO and even then the agent is not always "in the know". There have been sellers that lie to their own listing agents. I've seen that one a million times. The listing agent only knows what the seller or owner of the home/property tells them.
Guess I'm just lost on how the house could be a FSBO and have a broker?

I'm guessing you had an inspection? Did the inspector not find any evidence of flooding?

Yes, buyer beware when a seller is FSBO as I've known plenty of those that the seller would not disclose all of the conditions on the property to a listing agent and the agents refused to list the properties. Even when things are pretty obvious to a prospective listing agent and they inquire about it and the seller will say that it is damaged or whatever but they refuse to disclose it the agents usually walk. So the seller ends up FSBO.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:09 PM

3,020 posts, read 8,573,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terilarr View Post
By the way trial isn't spelled like that. The Facts are I am going to have to pay for an attorney, win or lose, thank you very much. And yes I made mistakes but I sure don't need your help reminding me of them.
As long as we're correcting spelling errors. It's "flood plain", not flood plane.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:05 AM

Are you sure?

1  noun, adjective, verb, planed, plan·ing.
–noun 1. a flat or level surface.

2. Geometry . a surface generated by a straight line moving at a constant velocity with respect to a fixed point

Last edited by terilarr; 10-20-2010 at 09:24 AM..

Old 10-20-2010, 09:33 AM

2,973 posts, read 9,443,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terilarr View Post
Are you sure?

1  noun, adjective, verb, planed, plan·ing.
–noun 1. a flat or level surface.

2. Geometry . a surface generated by a straight line moving at a constant velocity with respect to a fixed point
You are talking geography; not geometry!! It is plain!!
Plain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-20-2010, 09:39 AM

I stand corrected!
A floodplain, or flood plain, is flat or nearly flat land adjacent to a stream or river that experiences occasional flooding.

the first def. does not apply to geo.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:52 AM

There are many neighbors in this same floodplain in the same area that according to the plat maps are more likely to be flooded in the dwelling than ours, that have never been flooded.
The owner flat told us in the disclosure the dwelling has not been flooded.
Yes, I guess we were stupid for believing an elderly lady would tell us the truth.
Not everyone that lives in a flood plain has there house flooded.
That just means it is possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas