Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 12:10 AM

912 posts, read 1,887,456 times

Advertisements

Stonebriar Centre has transformed Frisco's look | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Latest News
Frisco to contract to buy 91 acres as part of negotiations to attract children's amusement park | FRISCO Blog | dallasnews.com
I assume the billion dollar production studio is still planned for Stonebriar but just in a different location. According to the most recent article, Stonebriar Centre now has the greatest concentration of retail in the southwestern portion of the United States. It wouldn't surprise me if in the future this commercial shopping district develops to have the largest concentration of retail in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2010, 12:42 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,818,191 times
SO? I like the area, don't see anything wrong with it. You make it sound like a bad thing.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:29 PM

3,020 posts, read 8,614,065 times
I don't understand the title of the thread. To me, any shopping area close to other shopping areas is a "commercial shopping district", I guess. Yea, lots of shopping there, but that's true in virutally all of the northern burbs. Retail is way overbuilt in the Dallas area.

Is this just an info thread or was there a question or point to make?

Old 10-22-2010, 02:10 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,834,873 times
This is just my personal opinion, but fwiw I try to avoid the Stonebriar mall area if I can help it. The traffic tends to be bad and, due to the physical layout of the areas surrounding the actual mall, it can be difficult to find the shop you're looking for.

Old 10-22-2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
SO? I like the area, don't see anything wrong with it. You make it sound like a bad thing.
I was only arguing that the area is more significant than the typical flagship mall with a lot of retail around it. Stonebriar Centre has stolen the thunder away from the longer established Legacy as the office park and others nearby serve as lead-in development to the retail commercial shopping district.

Old 10-22-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyanger View Post
This is just my personal opinion, but fwiw I try to avoid the Stonebriar mall area if I can help it. The traffic tends to be bad and, due to the physical layout of the areas surrounding the actual mall, it can be difficult to find the shop you're looking for.
Indeed, being a man myself, shopping is just a lot of work. I remember my ex-wife getting a zeal about her at the thought of going shopping. Somehow she figured out how to purchase a lot of things with just a little amount of money. God bless her. I sure do miss her. Why do men have to be so worthless?

Old 10-22-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Nifty View Post
I was only arguing that the area is more significant than the typical flagship mall with a lot of retail around it. Stonebriar Centre has stolen the thunder away from the longer established Legacy as the office park and others nearby serve as lead-in development to the retail commercial shopping district.
wait...or we talking retail or office parks?

And if you are "arguing", you must be arguing with yourself. Bad habit, that.

Old 10-22-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETex2 View Post
I don't understand the title of the thread. To me, any shopping area close to other shopping areas is a "commercial shopping district", I guess. Yea, lots of shopping there, but that's true in virutally all of the northern burbs. Retail is way overbuilt in the Dallas area.

Is this just an info thread or was there a question or point to make?
A commercial shopping district is an area that has shopping as its primary focus while office parks and entertainment venues serve as lead-in development into it. For example, Las Colinas is not a commercial shopping district as it has very little retail; rather, it is more of a business district as its urban core has other office parks serving as lead-in into it.
There now exist four commercial shopping districts in Dallas - Fort Worth -- Preston Center, Northpark / Eastpark, the Dallas Galleria / Addison, and Stonebriar Centre.

Last edited by Mister Nifty; 10-22-2010 at 04:52 PM.. Reason: tweak

Old 10-22-2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETex2 View Post
wait...or we talking retail or office parks?

And if you are "arguing", you must be arguing with yourself. Bad habit, that.
In ten years, this area has gone from nothing to having more retail collected together than any other place in the southwest. This development is not a flagship mall thingy that, after it gets built, has a lot of other retail stuff built around it. Being a commercial shopping district, this area is far more significant than Towneast Mall.

Last edited by Mister Nifty; 10-22-2010 at 04:59 PM.. Reason: tweak

Old 10-22-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Nifty View Post
A commercial shopping district is an area that has shopping as its primary focus while office parks and entertainment venues serve as lead-in development into it. For example, Las Colinas is not a commercial shopping district as it has very little retail; rather, it is more of a business district as its urban core has other office parks serving as lead-in into it.
There now exist four commercial shopping districts in Dallas - Fort Worth -- Preston Center, Northpark / Eastpark, the Dallas Galleria / Addison, and Stonebriar Centre.
Source?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas