Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 08:36 AM

197 posts, read 1,138,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lh_newbie View Post
I've bought wine at Target on Skillman/Abrams. Are you saying that at Walnut Hill/Skillman, they wouldn't be able to sell beer/wine? If that's the case, we have plenty of time to change that - what do we need to do?
Correctamundo. Why do you think there are 147,000 liquor stores at Skillman and Abrams? Or at Greenville just north of Walnut Hill? Or at NW Hwy west of Stemmons? Or on Inwood just south of Beltline?

Because that's all the edges of the dry zone.

So, start organizing a petition along the boundaries from the 19th century.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2007, 09:29 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,102,010 times
Bring a Trader Joe's to Granbury!! Gosh, I would be happy if they just brought one to Fort Worth. That store is worth a 25 minute drive! The prices at Trader Joe's is so cheap compared to Whole Foods. I like both stores don't get me wrong, they both have their place but I would prefer a TJ.

Old 07-12-2007, 10:45 AM

178 posts, read 788,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galore View Post
If CM=Central Market and WF=Whole Foods, then you are mistaken with ALDI.
ALDI is similar to Sav-A-Lot. No frills lowest price possible. Think Wal*Mart is Neiman Marcus compared to ALDI.
True ALDI is similar to Sav-A-Lot I went to one in Charlotte, NC a few years ago that place was wierd.

Old 09-07-2007, 01:41 PM

2 posts, read 7,918 times
Talking Aldi!!!

I love the fact that Aldi is coming to Texas!
I hope they open a store in Tomball Texas...We are the sister city to a German Town in Germany.
I used to shop at Aldi in Germany for years. They are a great store for certain things! And I love their prices! Their cream cheese is excellent! Their food is great! I love their foods!

True you have to bag your own stuff, but for canned goods, sausages and cheeses they are excellent. Their wine is also great! I am excited!!! I hope they come soon. If they were to franchise...I would open my very own Aldi! ...

Old 06-28-2008, 04:11 PM

1 posts, read 3,838 times
Default this isnt right

aldi is its own company the distribution center is only aldi product trader joes has nothing to do with it yes aldi and trader joe owners are brothers thats it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 940 View Post
Aldi also manages Trader Joe's so with a 500,000 sq foot warehouse planned to serve North Texas and Southern Oklahoma out of Denton, could Trader Joe's be on the way too? The lack of a large distribution center has been cited in the past as the reason why TJ's isn't in the DFW area yet so having parent, Aldi, build the center soon, could TJ's not be far behind? This article is from the Fort Worth Star Telegram a few days back...a shorter version of this story also appeared in the Dallas Morning News.

[mod]copyright[/mod]

Star-Telegram.com | 07/03/2007 | Grocery bags will cost you, but food will be cheap (broken link)

Old 06-28-2008, 06:34 PM

424 posts, read 1,817,230 times
Aldi was a really yucky store in Minnesota. It's comparable to sack and saves and Dollar stores...NIMBY!

Old 06-28-2008, 07:10 PM

164 posts, read 792,488 times
Back in Kansas Aldi was the ghetto store...No one I know ever shopped there.....

Old 06-29-2008, 07:20 AM

2 posts, read 7,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catluvr View Post
Aldi was a really yucky store in Minnesota. It's comparable to sack and saves and Dollar stores...NIMBY!

Most people are used to buying name brands -advertised on TV -that BUY SHELF SPACE within a grocery store chain.
Aldi, Sack and Save, carry name brands that are not so familiar but just as good for less money.

Name Brands have shelf space tied up tight in most grocery stores...New companies must sell to companies like Aldi or Sack and SAVE.

Just because a product has a familiar name brand on the package does not automatically make it better than any other name brand....One must read the ingredients! Then compare prices!

If the dollar store or Aldi were to sell a dozen EGGs for 50 cents-
A gallon of Milk for 50 cents...Bread for 50 cents....Where would you buy?

As a smart shopper I know where I would buy!

Old 06-29-2008, 04:38 PM

2,394 posts, read 8,596,369 times
But in the US, we're programmed to buy brand names.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:42 PM

14 posts, read 105,488 times
OMG I worked for ALDI years ago - but judging by the date of these posts perhaps I should curtail my excitement - I haven't seen or heard of an ALDI opening in this area and its midsummer 2008. ):
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas