Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2010, 01:34 PM

1,518 posts, read 5,268,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big G View Post
So, who else thinks we've managed to scare the OP off the entire Metroplex ???
I'm pretty sure s/he things there is a demilitarized zone at the Dallas/Colon County Line.

There isn't -- but maybe there should be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 01:37 PM

443 posts, read 1,566,409 times
I do see your point, I have seen some of the comments, and some of his were unwarranted as well. I live in and love Frisco as well as Dallas, I have no hatred of the inner city in fact I love it and spend alot of time down there. Without the inner city I wouldn't want to live here, but I do prefer suburban living but thats just me as a lifelong Texan.

Old 11-12-2010, 01:42 PM

625 posts, read 1,955,779 times
Turtle - you're right and I mis-read my own post! I humbly apologize!

My intent wasn't related to anything alcohol-related or anything - it was more a point of the constant name dropping of places.

I'm being especially snarky on a Friday, I know, and I didn't mean to personally attack you.

I agree with your comments re: our area - I just think it's completely unfair to throw labels from places onto the people that live there!

Have a good weekend!

Old 11-12-2010, 01:47 PM

419 posts, read 997,902 times
Peace in the Middle East?

It is nice to see you guys make-out -- I mean make-up.

Old 11-12-2010, 01:56 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,282,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unexpected View Post
Turtle - you're right and I mis-read my own post! I humbly apologize!

My intent wasn't related to anything alcohol-related or anything - it was more a point of the constant name dropping of places.

I'm being especially snarky on a Friday, I know, and I didn't mean to personally attack you.

I agree with your comments re: our area - I just think it's completely unfair to throw labels from places onto the people that live there!

Have a good weekend!
thanks. I don't name drop places to be obnoxious, but rather because if I were moving somewhere and the C-D posters in Atlanta or whatever city said, "it's a great area....check out the bars/ museums/ etc there"....I personally would want names and addresses! Moving is such a big decision and if my quest is to find the best place for me, I want a "shopping list" of specifc places to go when I visit. In the case of Lakewood, I always end up making new friends at Times Ten and the Balcony Club....the crowd there just always seems open to new people. Hope that makes sense.

Old 11-12-2010, 02:16 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
Times Ten is located in old Lakewood Post Office building from the 1930s. The father of my classmate, Toby Shook (famous former Dallas Assistant DA), worked there in the 50s and 60s. Balcony Club adjoins Lakewood Theater - 1938 - and the murals inside were in part done by artist Perry Nichols, one of the Dallas Nine. Nichols was a 1929 graduate of Woodrow Wilson High along with Willam Lester, another member of the group.

DALLAS NINE | The Handbook of Texas Online| Texas State Historical Association (TSHA)

See what I mean about history?

Old 11-12-2010, 02:21 PM

419 posts, read 997,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Times Ten is located in old Lakewood Post Office building from the 1930s. The father of my classmate, Toby Shook (famous former Dallas Assistant DA), worked there in the 50s and 60s. Balcony Club adjoins Lakewood Theater - 1938 - and the murals inside were in part done by artist Perry Nichols, one of the Dallas Nine. Nichols was a 1929 graduate of Woodrow Wilson High along with Willam Lester, another member of the group.

DALLAS NINE | The Handbook of Texas Online| Texas State Historical Association (TSHA)

See what I mean about history?
Now see, unexpected, THAT is name dropping. TurtleCreek80 was just being informative.

Old 11-12-2010, 02:26 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,282,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOAPRESIDENT View Post
Now see, unexpected, THAT is name dropping. TurtleCreek80 was just being informative.
LOL- love you, Lakewooder, but that was just putting more fuel on the fire!

Old 11-12-2010, 02:42 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,246,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big G View Post
So, who else thinks we've managed to scare the OP off the entire Metroplex ???
LOL... nah, not yet... good to see that folks are so passionate about their neighborhoods... although it's reminding me a tad too much of our current political climate...

Old 11-12-2010, 03:01 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
Hey I am informative - didn't you ever wonder about those murals? Back to another post at least I didn't say I like caviar caught from sturgeon from the south shore of the Caspian in the month of June ( from "Bewitched")

I usually only 'place drop'!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas