Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 05:07 AM

59 posts, read 117,255 times

Advertisements

Beware of lead poisoning
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 01:48 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,757,223 times
Open your search up to the east side, it's not like there's that much difference lol

Old 08-03-2011, 10:40 PM

3 posts, read 5,182 times
Hi, does any one have any feedback on the Cypress Creek community built by Highland homes in East Frisco..in terms of resale options, and is it a good neighborhood to raise a family?

Old 08-03-2011, 11:28 PM

301 posts, read 570,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsumner View Post
You will notice that neighborhoods with front entry garage will have a lower resale value unless the home backs to water or a golf course. If you are really that uncomfortable with rear entry, look at the house that is no more than 3rd from the alley so you don't have to drive down too far.

Naima
I've seen this said multiple times on here. It puzzles me. The alleyways with rear-entry garages make crime easier (DH is in the law enforcement field). Plus it eats up your backyard. One reason we eliminated Coppell in our home search. Almost all rear-entry/alleyways.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:31 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,252,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffodil18 View Post
Hi, does any one have any feedback on the Cypress Creek community built by Highland homes in East Frisco..in terms of resale options, and is it a good neighborhood to raise a family?
Nice neighborhood. I was actually there yesterday showing a foreclosure. The first phase has 2 other builders, Landstar and Drees. Highland is the only one there right now. It's a very good location with fairly quick access to 121.

Naima

Old 08-03-2011, 11:53 PM

207 posts, read 506,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKick View Post
I've seen this said multiple times on here. It puzzles me. The alleyways with rear-entry garages make crime easier (DH is in the law enforcement field). Plus it eats up your backyard. One reason we eliminated Coppell in our home search. Almost all rear-entry/alleyways.
Absolutely agree and my hubby is in law enforcement too! I am not a native to Dallas, native Texan yes, but I didn't grow up with rear entry. Maybe that is partly my problem too! I am not used to it and can't get used to!

Old 08-04-2011, 12:38 AM

1,245 posts, read 3,434,055 times
Quote:
Yeah I'm with you. I don't get the desire for rear entry to one's home. All of the reasons you give are true; however, it is true that it does have an effect on home value. Go figure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haute Mom View Post
I didn't grow up with rear entry. Maybe that is partly my problem too! I am not used to it and can't get used to!
I think that is it. Neither the town in England, nor the town in the USA I grew up in before moving to Dallas in my teens, had rear entry or alleys. It always struck me as odd. If you grow up with it, I'm sure you prefer it.

My neighborhood, which I love in most respects, has front entry and alleys. I really wonder why they did that back when it was built 90 years ago. There must have been a reason.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:46 AM

301 posts, read 570,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macbeth2003 View Post
Yeah I'm with you. I don't get the desire for rear entry to one's home. All of the reasons you give are true; however, it is true that it does have an effect on home value. Go figure

I think that is it. Neither the town in England, nor the town in the USA I grew up in before moving to Dallas in my teens, had rear entry or alleys. It always struck me as odd. If you grow up with it, I'm sure you prefer it.

My neighborhood, which I love in most respects, has front entry and alleys. I really wonder why they did that back when it was built 90 years ago. There must have been a reason.
My first house (out in Lubbock) had front entry and alley too. It was odd but I was young and I loved that little house. Definitely did not care for the alley though.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:45 AM

702 posts, read 2,722,532 times
Quote:
My first house (out in Lubbock) had front entry and alley too. It was odd but I was young and I loved that little house. Definitely did not care for the alley though.
I lived in Tech Terrace and loved living in that old house. It also had a front entry garage and an alley... I suppose the ally was for utilities and trash.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:50 AM

2,348 posts, read 4,816,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
When did Pulte come to symbolize "high end"?

Pulte was always on the same end of the spectrum if not lower than for many years as Fox & Jacobs, aka Centex.
Pulte has owned Centex since 2009 I believe..So I think you just compared Pulte to Pulte.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: