Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2010, 10:44 PM

1,816 posts, read 2,513,617 times

Advertisements

I know not many here are soccer/FC Dallas fans, but many are fans of other Dallas sports. Well, we've got another Dallas Metroplex team playing for the championship!

The Rangers couldn't quite bring a championship to North Texas (next year, hopefully), but I recommend we all watch next Sunday's game.

Tonight's was a real treat to watch. We beat the LA Galaxy 3 - 0 to advance. A real drubbing. The bar I was at was crazy wild.

Good times!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 12:50 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmont View Post
I know not many here are soccer/FC Dallas fans, but many are fans of other Dallas sports. Well, we've got another Dallas Metroplex team playing for the championship!

The Rangers couldn't quite bring a championship to North Texas (next year, hopefully), but I recommend we all watch next Sunday's game.

Tonight's was a real treat to watch. We beat the LA Galaxy 3 - 0 to advance. A real drubbing. The bar I was at was crazy wild.

Good times!
Hey, EVERY single DFW sports team has risen to the top, with great expectations, only to fall.

The way I see it, these guys and TCU is all we have (sad thing about TCU is, even if they go undefeated, they may be voted out of a BCS game, let alone the NC).

I'm not a big soccer fan. Never have been. But dammit, I'll take this if they win it.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:28 AM

216 posts, read 444,457 times
Yeah, TCU isn't going to the big game unless two of the top four lose. I fear Boise is going to jump TCU in the BCS as their remaining schedule will be considered stronger.

We need some upsets these last couple of weeks!

As for FC Dallas, I honestly didn't even know it was soccer season. That is how little I pay attention to the sport. Nevertheless, I always support metroplex teams and hope they destroy whoever they are playing this next week. And who knows, maybe I'll watch just this one game.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Hey, EVERY single DFW sports team has risen to the top, with great expectations, only to fall.

The way I see it, these guys and TCU is all we have (sad thing about TCU is, even if they go undefeated, they may be voted out of a BCS game, let alone the NC).

I'm not a big soccer fan. Never have been. But dammit, I'll take this if they win it.
Well maybe FCD can break the cycle and be the first DFW winner in the 21st Century. I know I'm ready for us to win something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopJohnZ View Post
As for FC Dallas, I honestly didn't even know it was soccer season. That is how little I pay attention to the sport. Nevertheless, I always support metroplex teams and hope they destroy whoever they are playing this next week. And who knows, maybe I'll watch just this one game.
As Dallas Area sports fan, I think it would be cool to have as many fellow Dallas sports fans watching this game as we can. Not everyone will be converted to be soccer fans, but hey, maybe a win could do some wonders.

JJ and Sloop, if you do watch, make sure to go to a bar/viewing party with lots of fans - the atmosphere really is amazing (when we're winning )

Edit: And go Horned Frogs. Upsets for other teams, please.

Oh, and

http://www.insidesocal.com/soccer/dallaswchamps.jpg (broken link)
BEST IN THE WEST wooooo
(AP Photo)

And while we're at it -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdt5axbAF8E

HIGHLIGHTS woooo

Old 11-15-2010, 12:36 PM

859 posts, read 2,120,300 times
Quote:

I'll take it too, something to cheer about. Even after the Cowboys beat the Giants last night, I really couldn't even get excited about that win, made me even more disappointed-that they were able to win that game and not the others. Oh well I digress, make room on the bandwagon.

Old 11-18-2010, 09:40 AM

C'mon Dallas, let's jump on this bandwagon. Plenty of room.

Old 11-18-2010, 10:14 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmont View Post
C'mon Dallas, let's jump on this bandwagon. Plenty of room.
Jump on it....... I've been on it.
Might not get to catch many games but I still keep up w/ them.

There are some GREAT guys on FC Dallas. They do a lot and their character is something other sports players should pay attention to. They have CLASS!

GO FC DALLAS!!!!!

Old 11-21-2010, 10:14 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Welp, there goes that. . . . . . .

Old 11-22-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Welp, there goes that. . . . . . .

I'll still be at every game next year though. They played hard, just got some spectacularly unlucky breaks.

And maybe a few more people will want to come out to games next year too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas