Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 10:58 AM

4 posts, read 45,568 times

Advertisements

I've been researching the best place to buy kitchen cabinets in the Dallas area. I have found a few places but have been disappointed in the prices. I'm not looking for high-end, but more middle of the road. Does anyone have recommendations for kitchen cabinet distributors in the Dallas area? I'm also looking for an installer if you have recommendations for a good one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 11:29 AM

1,193 posts, read 3,505,071 times
Try Seconds & Surplus. They have a location on Regal Row in Dallas and one on Arapaho in Richardson. A new one will be opening in Tarrant County in March of 2011.
Welcome To secondsandsurplus.com

Old 11-15-2010, 03:21 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,507,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas native View Post
Try Seconds & Surplus. They have a location on Regal Row in Dallas and one on Arapaho in Richardson. A new one will be opening in Tarrant County in March of 2011.
Welcome To secondsandsurplus.com
Great place I go to the one in Richardson- trouble is if you find something there you like don't say you'll come back in a few weeks and get it. You get it then and there....it's a great place. There is also Habitat for Humanity stores in the DFW.
Great place- great prices- samething purchase same day.

Habitat for Humanity Int'l

Old 11-15-2010, 03:41 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,613,257 times
Also, I think you can call Home Depot. I believe they often send all their closeout cabinets to a single location to consolidate the series if they have a bunch of stragglers at various stores. I recently outfitted a kitchen for a rental condo from their Hampton series and all the stores had shipped in their inventory to the store on Lemmon. Cost $870 to do the cabinets; it was a 65% reduction in price from normal retail.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:30 PM

24 posts, read 156,906 times
I recently found "Cabinets to Go." They have a store in Plano as well as a website that have cabinets for kitchen and bath. I haven't used them yet, but came across them on my journey for bath vanities.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:44 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,613,257 times
Also check Craigslist. Here's a recent listing:
Beautiful Cherry Kitchen Cabinets (http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/hsh/2060129071.html - broken link)

and I saw several others

Old 12-01-2010, 01:05 PM

4 posts, read 45,568 times
Thank you all for your recommendations. I have already checked out these stores and haven't been very happy with the quality. I found some I like at Home Depot but the price was a little high. I think part of the problem is I want better quality but at a Seconds and Surplus price. Just like most of us...I want a lot for just a little.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:39 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,547,634 times
there is a cabinetry shop in the NRHills--north Hurst area that makes cabinets for local builders--have seen their trucks on job sites--
have no idea about the quality but the photos on their web site look superior
B&W Cabinets
but IF you went to a local cabinet shop in your area and asked to see their product you could get idea of what they provide
ask for references--especially builders that use them--and see their installations

they might be glad to get work around this time of year when bldg normally shows down
they can build to order/size and you can choose your components--
maybe you would be happy with that and look at some home design mags/sites as well--
there are ways to build cabinets that can be unique and not as expensive as others--
like having cutouts for drawer pulls vs needing hardware--that can save a lot of money

one thing I would suggest--
you can get the interior made less expensively but remember that partical board will be a pain to deal with if it gets wet
and the better quality drawer guides for drawers are always money well spent to me--quieter, easier to use, and hold up better--make less expensive drawers seem more expensive--
like a solid Mercedes-sounding door on a Kia--

and I don't know if you really would be happy with getting something second hand--

check out the garden web building a home site and search for cabinets
people there have posted about merits of using HD or Lowe's brand of cabinets--or even Ikea's--
and those would be unbiased views IMO

Old 12-03-2010, 11:36 AM

3 posts, read 19,702 times
Have you checked out IKEA? They have quite a few styles, and prices are reasonable. Installation is pretty simple, designed for the do-it-yourselfer, but I think they have a list of installers (and designer/planners) they recommend as well

Old 12-03-2010, 12:34 PM

171 posts, read 543,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyindisguise View Post
I think part of the problem is I want better quality but at a Seconds and Surplus price. Just like most of us...I want a lot for just a little.
ME TOO!!!

I've been looking at IKEA...they do have some great cabinets at very affordable prices. I will probably lean towards them when I replace......they also have some good counter top choices as well.

Are you changing your counter tops?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas