Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 07:23 AM

1,779 posts, read 4,003,657 times

Advertisements

Looks like weather in Dallas sucks, being too hot in summer and not pleasant in winter either. Plus it snows, but not enough to play around with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 01:12 PM

990 posts, read 2,293,101 times
Spring and fall are gorgeous here. Its Jan/Feb and July/Aug that usually suck.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:17 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,695,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asubram3 View Post
Looks like weather in Dallas sucks, being too hot in summer and not pleasant in winter either. Plus it snows, but not enough to play around with it.
Are you IN Dallas today? It is BEAUTIFUL today. There are many days like this even thru the winter around here. Sunny, warm, 72 degrees.......... doors and windows open. In January. I'm not fond of wearing a heavy coat and you don't really need one all the time here at all. The winters in Dallas are actually very pleasant with a few days of cold nasty weather thrown in every few weeks.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:17 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,087,713 times
January has been below average, but today is very nice. I'm going for a motorcycle ride! In many places, that's a ridiculous statement in January. No motorcycling next week, though.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:21 PM

6,620 posts, read 9,838,253 times
They said next week we will have freezing rain, sleet, or some snow.

Old 01-28-2011, 05:10 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,762,825 times
Typically January has a warm spell. Very spring like today. The first time I actually made note of the warm week in January was back in 1976 riding in a convertable down Central Expressway, thinking, it's January and I am riding in a convertable with the top down and not a cloud in the sky. So today, I took off and cycled, as in bicycles, Catman, down to White Rock Lake, around and back. Thought about riding on up to Frisco and back, as well, but got started too late in the afternoon to do that.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:39 AM

617 posts, read 1,418,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerGuy View Post
I've noticed the same thing. People here have extremely short memories when it comes to the weather and it bugs me. I moved here from California a few years back and I have seen snow here in North Texas every winter except for one.

Yes, it isn't Michigan and people don't get snowed in but who the hell wants that? That isn't snow or winter wonderland, it's overkill. We have ideal snow events. It snows, sticks around a day (or two) for some photos and fun and then it melts. PERFECT! It is a treat instead of a chore.

Yet, every year (heard someone say this today), people native to this area still foolishly say, "It never snows in Texas." Umm WRONG! It NEVER snows where I lived in Central California. It snowed once in 15 years, at night, for one hour, and then it melted 15 minutes later. Didn't even come close to covering the ground. That was in 1997 and not one flake has fallen since. That is my idea of "NEVER SNOWS". Seriously North Texans, be thankful for what you have and acknowledge it. It is still snow even if it is 3-6 inches instead of 36 inches.
Last year was one of the" worst" (if you want to call it that) snow years that I can remember but it usually doesn't snow that much, besides look at the beautiful weather today and the last few days. If you guys don't like the half inch of snow that doesn't even stick most of the time than leave to another city where either you're going to be paying an arm and a leg or sweating bullets during the hot muggy summers besides only wimps cry about a half inch of snow

Old 01-29-2011, 08:48 AM

554 posts, read 1,191,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtownboogie View Post
Last year was one of the" worst" (if you want to call it that) snow years that I can remember but it usually doesn't snow that much, besides look at the beautiful weather today and the last few days. If you guys don't like the half inch of snow that doesn't even stick most of the time than leave to another city where either you're going to be paying an arm and a leg or sweating bullets during the hot muggy summers besides only wimps cry about a half inch of snow
Why did you reply to my quote with this??? I suggest you read it again! You COMPLETELY MISSED my point. Once you go back and read it, with some comprehension, you will see that I am very pleased with the amount of snowfall we receive here. LET ME REPEAT: I am very pleased with the amount of snowfall we receive here. I was not complaining at all. Okay?

Old 01-29-2011, 01:17 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,762,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerGuy View Post
Why did you reply to my quote with this??? I suggest you read it again! You COMPLETELY MISSED my point. Once you go back and read it, with some comprehension, you will see that I am very pleased with the amount of snowfall we receive here. LET ME REPEAT: I am very pleased with the amount of snowfall we receive here. I was not complaining at all. Okay?
I guess he missed this paragraph.
Quote:
Yes, it isn't Michigan and people don't get snowed in but who the hell wants that? That isn't snow or winter wonderland, it's overkill. We have ideal snow events. It snows, sticks around a day (or two) for some photos and fun and then it melts. PERFECT! It is a treat instead of a chore.

Old 01-29-2011, 04:22 PM

554 posts, read 1,191,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
I guess he missed this paragraph.
I know, right? Thanks for that.
I hate when people do that. Probably just skimming the post instead of actually reading it. I won't hold my breath for an apology either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas