Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 09:47 PM

885 posts, read 1,552,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHL2? View Post
im trying to figure out the parking situation- i usually do terminal parking but i wonder if i can get a spot tomorrow

dfw hasnt updated their parking info thing since 8am!
Instead of worrying about where to park your car, you should be worrying about where the security guard is going to park his hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 11:25 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
I flew out of DFW on Tues. and everything was normal. Went through the old scanner, no line, no problems. Flew on Delta. I have flown on Thanksgiving Day before, but from other airports. Flight was 1/2 full, airports were really empty. Seems like everyone goes on Tues or Wed.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:09 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
we flew AA early tuesday am--no problem--flight was full however--glad we upgraded to first class
waited over an hour to get luggage in Orlando however--totally bad service

son flew out wed night to tpa--full flight--no body search and no real problem going through security

flew home sat late afternoon--again no problem going through security--

we fly home monday evening--

the guy who sat behind us in first class was pilot or flight attendant -- he was telling woman sitting by him that the scanners used at DFW are the microwave type--not the xray type--so he was not too worried about having to make numerous passes through them for his work...
that was good to hear--no problems red-flagged about complications from that type of machine..

Old 11-28-2010, 10:46 AM

885 posts, read 1,552,205 times
You flew on Tuesday, ofcourse there is no problem. Try Wednesday next time.

Old 11-28-2010, 04:29 PM

23 posts, read 75,235 times
I flew out of DFW on Wednesday with no problems. I got through security in 10 minutes, no lines, not a lot of people, no full body scanners, and no pat downs. Everything was done the old way when I went through terminal E. Also, the plane was half empty. I had a whole row to myself. I flew back on Saturday from a smaller airport to DFW and there were only 3 people on my flight from the smaller airport to Houston but the flight from Houston to DFW was full. The smaller airport didn't have scanners or pat downs either.

Old 11-28-2010, 05:21 PM

if you read my entire post you would have seen I posted that my son flew out of DFW C wednesday evening and he had no trouble...
I think DFW was relatively smooth this holiday--no bad weather anywhere in US that I was aware of--
that usually is what causes lots of problems...

Old 11-30-2010, 05:50 AM

we flew home from orlando international last night--husband was "randomly" chosen to have his hands swabbed for explosives--
guy that came through in our section was chosen for patdown--
there were only metal detectors at our gates--no xray machines--
moved pretty smoothly as far as I could tell once we had checked our 2 bags

there were more people than I think I have ever seen at DFW sitting in the MCO terminal with their suitcases open trying to find boxes to ship clothing--apparently seriously overweight--
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas