Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 12:51 PM

976 posts, read 1,056,898 times

Advertisements

They make an effort to make sure the show is set in Houston but it is really is filmed in Dallas.

They talk about Houston places but if you watch closely the street scenes clearly show Dallas skyscrapers in the background.

Why did they do this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2010, 12:56 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,155,936 times
Kind of dumb if you ask me..like the time on "Dallas" when there was a hurricane. Heard from a friend "The Chase" cast members were hanging out last night in Deep Ellum at Adair's.

Old 11-30-2010, 01:00 PM

2,346 posts, read 6,925,871 times
We're more upset that Cheaters is set in an unspecified city but is filmed in Dallas. We want full credit for all our two-timers.

Seriously, though, the local industry is happy for the work. Now if we can just keep The Good Guys from getting the ax...

It certainly beats Dallas, which was set in Dallas but filmed in California. What benefit is that??

Old 11-30-2010, 01:14 PM

871 posts, read 2,689,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big G View Post
We're more upset that Cheaters is set in an unspecified city but is filmed in Dallas. We want full credit for all our two-timers.

Actually, once in a while Cheaters does film in Houston and once in a blue moon they've even done a NYC episode or two, but other than that, it's all DFW.

But what do you expect? Cheaters HQ is on Lovers Lane in Dallas.

Old 11-30-2010, 01:30 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,869,842 times
Doesn't bother me one bit. I know my hubby is not upset about it as he gets to see Kelly every now and then. We saw her last Friday night. She goes to the Stars games some . She is really petite in person.

I can tell it is filmed in Dallas by more than just the skyscrapers. I can recognize many of the exact spots they are filming. Don't need to see the tall buildings to know they are in Dallas

Old 11-30-2010, 01:36 PM

976 posts, read 1,056,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post

I can tell it is filmed in Dallas by more than just the skyscrapers. I can recognize many of the exact spots they are filming. Don't need to see the tall buildings to know they are in Dallas
But how do you feel that the average TV viewer is going to associate those shots with Houston and not Dallas?

Does anyone know the reason to set it in Houston over Dallas? It really wouldn't make a difference, since the two cities are so similar, so I wonder why they did this.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:16 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,155,936 times
Big G a lot of "Dallas" was filmed in Dallas. The stars would set up at a different hotel every year. We would see them filming all over town. I lived a block and a half from the "Pam Ewing" house on Westlake in Lakewood and we would sneak over to watch them. We often found out spoilers several months in advance. There were a couple of seasons where they did film almost entirely in CA but quite a bit was filmed here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM3UT5hFMiA

Old 11-30-2010, 02:55 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,817,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Doesn't bother me one bit. I know my hubby is not upset about it as he gets to see Kelly every now and then. We saw her last Friday night. She goes to the Stars games some . She is really petite in person.

I recognize a lot of the settings, simply from doing so many environmental projects in some of the light industrial areas and areas around Farmers Market. It is those areas that I don't mind people thinking that they are in Houston. hehehe Houstonians probably don't appreciate that.

Last edited by PanTerra; 11-30-2010 at 03:51 PM..

Old 11-30-2010, 03:45 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,684,678 times
doesn't bother me and I'm delighted when anything brings jobs and money here

Old 11-30-2010, 03:50 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,817,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
doesn't bother me and I'm delighted when anything brings jobs and money here
Yep, we get the benefit that really matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas