U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2010, 02:40 PM

7 posts, read 10,270 times

Advertisements

My friend just got a job in North Dallas (she is currently living in Irving and doesn't want to commute). She is looking for places around her job, so around this area 8332 lbj dallas,tx 75243.

She is looking for a 2br apartment or condo which are her first choices, but also open to rent a house, her price range per month would be 800per month. The only requirements that she has is that the place she stays must have washer/dryer connections inside units and also in very good neighborhood, far away from crime areas.

If there is any other information you would need that could help me further please let me know.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 09:18 AM

1,518 posts, read 5,080,055 times
The Village.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:49 AM

Thanks. Looked at those already. Any other places?

Old 12-10-2010, 08:58 AM

1,518 posts, read 5,080,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpchris View Post
Thanks. Looked at those already. Any other places?
Not from this Dallasite. She should get an apartment locator. They're helpful.

From my experience, rent of only $800 for a two bedroom apartment in a "very good" neighborhood "far away" from crime areas is a tough budget for Dallas. Go farther south from the Village and she will be paying $1,000+ for a one bedroom.

She will certainly not be able to rent a house that cheap -- not even close. If she got a roommate, she would probably be able to rent a small house in nearby Lake Highlands for $1600 total. That budget is just really tough and I would surmise that is why you haven't received many replies to this post.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:13 AM

13,054 posts, read 26,201,347 times
The Village is the closest safe option in a nice area. Another option would possibly be the AMLI on Frankford in Far North Dallas....I know they have big 2br's in the $900 range so the may have a smaller one around $800? It would be about a 20 minute commute using Hillcrest or Coit (not 75).

Honestly, there are a lot of apartments near Richland College, in Lake Highlands, or near the Galleria in her price range but they are all sketchy-ville.

Is she completely opposed to a 1br? That would open up a lot more options at $800.

Old 12-11-2010, 09:19 PM

Thanks for the all the help. She will be looking at 3 places on Monday. One is right behind Richland college on Walnut Street and Audelia and the other one is off of skillman and E. northwest highway on EASTRIDGE DR. 6718 EASTRIDGE DR Not too sure about this area at all. She doesn't mind going for a one bed room right now, only reason she was looking for two is because her brother might be moving down also. The only thing that is a must have is the washer/dryer connections in the unit.

Old 12-11-2010, 09:58 PM

6,578 posts, read 24,436,393 times
Walnut and Audelia is not a good spot. Lots of Section 8 housing. Gangs. Well, that's the way it was heading when I moved out 17 years ago. I lived at Richland Trace condos. Good news is my Peeping Tom was caught and arrested!

Old 12-12-2010, 06:57 AM

1,190 posts, read 2,458,917 times
The place you listed (6718 eastridge drive) is probably not the safest area. There is a pocket of apartments right there between Park & Skillman, east of Abrams and west of Greenville that seems to be full of people just "hanging out" all day long. (I used to cut through Park from my dd's daycare to my office). Anytime of day, there seem to be lots of somewhat undesirable looking folks just hanging. Lots of grocery carts from the nearby Target, which I rarely see in the safer areas.

I think your friend should really look at the Village. Tons of apartments. Just a few blocks south of the property on Eastridge, but an entirely different feel and most likely, a lot safer.

I would not go over towards 635/Adelia/Skillman. I think that area gets sketchy, too. My dentist office was over there and moved because his employee cars kept getting broken into in broad daylight. If she is deadset on a 2br, she may have to raise her budget.

Good luck.

Old 12-12-2010, 08:43 AM

1,282 posts, read 3,381,897 times
Agree with both FND and jennifw. If "far away from crime" is one of her priorities, these are not the best areas. Not horrible, but their is definitely sketchiness around. The Village is a much safer option for her budget. Did they not have what she wanted there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas