U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2010, 12:20 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,651,630 times

Advertisements

There have been several posts over the years about the drinking water quality in the Dallas area with the focus mostly on the areas of Richardson, Plano, Frisco, Allen, McKinney and Lewisville to name a few. I can attest that living in Plano myself,the water taste is absolutely horrendous for most of the year. The water at times has even taken on a dirty look. Although several have mentioned using water purification filters that you may attach to your faucet or showerhead, also consider distilled water. Although you may purchase distilled water in one gallon containers at supermarkets, in the long run it would probably be better to go with a home distillation unit. You can get very good ones to put on your countertop for $150.00-$200.00. I say the price to purchase it is worth it given the current state of deplorable drinking water in places around the Metroplex. Remember however that one of the drawbacks to distilled water is the lack of minerals in it that are removed in the process. This is remedied for the most part because we get a great deal of our minerals from our FOOD and NOT water.

Last edited by Texan2008; 12-11-2010 at 12:53 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2010, 12:41 PM

6,578 posts, read 24,358,886 times
Oh, don't be lumping the good Dallas water in with that nasty stuff they have in Plano, Frisco, Allen, McKinney, Richardson, etc.

Old 12-11-2010, 01:10 PM

8,049 posts, read 13,057,007 times
A Brita pitcher with a 2-stage charcoal filter is a lot cheaper than buying a distillation unit or bottled water and it removes a vast majority of the algae oil that gives the water its funky taste.

Old 12-15-2010, 09:47 PM

869 posts, read 2,815,946 times
distilled water tastes worse than the nastiest stuff I've ever had come from any tap anywhere...

if you think the water is bad here...go to Austin...only place I've ever had to purchase bottled water...but I made sure it wasn't distilled...

Old 12-16-2010, 08:14 AM

4,621 posts, read 9,821,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
A Brita pitcher with a 2-stage charcoal filter is a lot cheaper than buying a distillation unit or bottled water and it removes a vast majority of the algae oil that gives the water its funky taste.
I agree entirely. We've tried all things, and bottom line is a simple Brita filter does the job just fine. There is no need to buy water - in fact it is Unamerican to do so! Sam Adams would start another war if he came back and found people were selling water! Don't invite Nestle to enslave you!

Old 07-24-2011, 09:33 PM

1 posts, read 2,307 times
Drinking 'distilled' water can impact the body's ionic level severely. Drinking only distilled water can cause serious medical problems and even death. 'Drinking' water is another matter; it contains minerals that help maintain the body's ionic balance.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:40 PM

1,518 posts, read 2,893,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Plus it works on cheap vodka.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas