Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 10:48 PM

57 posts, read 171,152 times

Advertisements

Ok...Well it sounds like this is definitely the place I need to go... Of course, since it is practically a right of passage lol. Thanks everyone for the input
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 03:47 PM

11 posts, read 28,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Basically, everybody has lived in The Village at one time or another.

so true

Old 12-29-2010, 03:50 PM

11 posts, read 28,833 times
Lived there for 8 years right after college. I lived in Bend East, which is the oldest, (and cheapest) complex.
For the price- you can't beat it. maintenance is great, my requests were all addressed in less than 24 hours.

Old 12-30-2010, 12:55 AM

57 posts, read 171,152 times
Can anyone suggest certain apartment complex's? Besides the new ones

Old 12-30-2010, 06:08 AM

247 posts, read 568,001 times
Of the older ones, I would recommend the Lakes first and the Cliffs second. Both are the 'newer' of the 'older' style apartments, many of the Lakes apartments have lake views (very nice) and so do some of the Cliffs apartments, and the Cliffs have free alarm systems - or did at one point anyway. Both are right on the walking trail, and I know the Cliffs is gated - and I think the Lakes is too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetkisses4511 View Post
Can anyone suggest certain apartment complex's? Besides the new ones

Old 01-01-2011, 09:49 PM

21 posts, read 36,229 times
I am moving to Dallas Soon, Where is the Village located? My wife will be attending Dental School located downtown dallas and we wanted to live close to her school.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:30 AM

686 posts, read 2,437,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creole-Jay View Post
I am moving to Dallas Soon, Where is the Village located? My wife will be attending Dental School located downtown dallas and we wanted to live close to her school.
It's located east of Greenville Ave. between NW Highway and Lovers Ln. It's takes about 10 minutes to get to downtown in non-rush hour traffic. If your wife is going to attend Baylor College of Dentistry it's about a 15 minute commute if you take Abrams and Gaston.

http://www.thevillageapts.com/Communities.aspx

Last edited by mysterymachinebl; 01-02-2011 at 01:39 AM..

Old 01-05-2011, 09:28 AM

4 posts, read 7,821 times
For those that lived here somewhat recently, how safe did you feel?

I'm interested in them... but can't really afford the nicer communities. I'm just curious how safe a single female is in some of the non-gated communities. Considering the Lakes.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:16 AM

686 posts, read 2,437,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicyem View Post
For those that lived here somewhat recently, how safe did you feel?

I'm interested in them... but can't really afford the nicer communities. I'm just curious how safe a single female is in some of the non-gated communities. Considering the Lakes.
I have never felt unsafe in the Village area at all. The Lakes is a very nice complex. I have been out walking at 11 at night before and have felt perfectly fine. You can see people out walking or jogging at all hours. Having gates really isn't that much of a deterrent. If someone wants in all they have to do is follow a car in.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:25 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,302,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterymachinebl View Post
I have never felt unsafe in the Village area at all. The Lakes is a very nice complex. I have been out walking at 11 at night before and have felt perfectly fine. You can see people out walking or jogging at all hours. Having gates really isn't that much of a deterrent. If someone wants in all they have to do is follow a car in.

Gated apartments are the biggest "false security" blanket ever....it's not like an upscale gatedy community like Glen Lakes where there are actually gatekeepers who check guests in and out.

Gate codes get passed around. I could tell you a couple right off the top of my head for complexes around Dallas where my friends have lived. They never ever seem to change them. And, usually 911# or #911 will work as that's the "universal code" to let emergency vehicles into complexes.

Also, often with gated complexes, the gates are broken and remain broken for weeks on end. Even the nice complexes.

Pick an apartment in a relatively (Dallas is still a major metropolitan city) safe neighborhood and you'll be fine....gates or no gates. If you want gates, go for it, but don't believe for one second that gate is making you more or less safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas