Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 07:34 AM

964 posts, read 876,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
I think its just a matter of time, things are changing. More and more people prefer being single, gay, workaholics, child free, doggy parents etc. Even if people have kids, most don't want to spend any time with them or can't afford to, just pop and drop babies in daycare by 8 week from 6.30-6.30 and to bed from 8-6.

To be fair, children are a lot of trouble and very little reward, dogs are a more convenient alternative. Humans are realizing it. Even in charity and volunteer work, trends are shifting. People prefer dogycentric philanthropy, its cooler. Doggie fashion lines and grooming centers and veterinarians are a huge industry. Toys r us , babies r us, gymboree etc are going out of business.

In future, not only kid free apartment complexes, we may have kid free and dog friendly towns. Personally, i like both humans and animals but i can relate to ones who doesn't and fully support their rights.
Ridiculous to call someone with a pet a parent. Not even in the same stratosphere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2018, 08:14 AM

3,678 posts, read 4,170,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyam11 View Post
Ridiculous to call someone with a pet a parent. Not even in the same stratosphere.
Well, In vitro fertilization cross breeding among mammals is probably next big thing. Anyways, if someone is loving an animal, cleaning their poop, kissing them on mouth, letting them in bed and kitchen even though dog just came inside after licking every thing on the street including his own backside and feeces, paying for doggy pedicure and pet psychologists, buying gourmet doggy food, booking extra seat on flights, leaving their inheritance for doggycare, i say they earned the right to be called a doggy parent even if it doesn't make sense to people like us who only think of our dogs as pets. Love doesn't care for boundaries of race, religion or species.

Last edited by UnfairPark; 05-03-2018 at 09:26 AM..

Old 05-03-2018, 08:25 AM

964 posts, read 876,791 times
Quote:
Well, cross breeding among mammals is probably next big thing. Anyways, if someone is loving an animal, cleaning their poop, kissing them on mouth, letting them in bed and kitchen even though dog just came inside after licking every thing on the street including his own backside and feeces, paying for doggy pedicure and pet psychologists, buying gourmet doggy food, booking extra seat on flights, leaving their inheritance for doggycare, i say they earned the right to be called a doggy parent even if it doesn't make sense to people like us who only think of our dogs as pets. Love doesn't care for boundaries of race, religion or species.
No.

Old 05-03-2018, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyam11 View Post
No.
I hope not but nothing surprises me anymore. People don't want responsibilities of being a parent as its just not as simple as it used to be, dogs are a low maintenance proxy, better suited for modern lifestyles though it is becoming complicated to be a pet owner so robot dogs or virtual children could be the next step.

Old 05-03-2018, 10:09 AM

19,778 posts, read 18,055,300 times
Quote:
I hope not but nothing surprises me anymore. People don't want responsibilities of being a parent as its just not as simple as it used to be, dogs are a low maintenance proxy, better suited for modern lifestyles though it is becoming complicated to be a pet owner so robot dogs or virtual children could be the next step.
You are misreading long terms trends as some sort of short term tumult.

I'd agree that fertility rates per citizen female 15-44 are too low. The fact is the so called, "births per woman" rate was 1.84 per woman in 1974 and it was 1.84 in 2015 and 1.90 in 2016.

Old 05-03-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
You are misreading long terms trends as some sort of short term tumult.

I'd agree that fertility rates per citizen female 15-44 are too low. The fact is the so called, "births per woman" rate was 1.84 per woman in 1974 and it was 1.84 in 2015 and 1.90 in 2016.
Its always possible that I'm wrong but I do wonder if birth rate stats are skewed because first generation immigrants specially mexicans tend to have more children so with a changing demographic, its hard to comment for me without looking deeper into these studies.

Old 05-03-2018, 10:33 AM

2,510 posts, read 2,211,278 times
A miracle has occurred. I actually agree with kyam11.

Old 05-03-2018, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Its always possible that I'm wrong but I do wonder if birth rate stats are skewed because first generation immigrants specially mexicans tend to have more children so with a changing demographic, its hard to comment for me without looking deeper into these studies.
Along those lines you are exactly right.

Old 05-03-2018, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcualum View Post
A miracle has occurred. I actually agree with kyam11.
Hey there is furious thunder and lightning outside! Coincidence, I doubt it.

Old 05-03-2018, 01:37 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,190,541 times
Since this thread was opened the OP has probably become eligible for a Del Webb community and solved the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas