Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2010, 12:02 AM

60 posts, read 125,184 times

Advertisements

I have a list that needs shortening. I will be visiting these apartments within the week and would love to know if there are any I should skip for one reason or another. If you have experience with or knowledge of any of these apartment communities, please share. I want a place that is safe to walk my dog. I want a good looking and well run location too, but those are more a matter of personal preference, I suppose. Thanks for you input!

Camden Addison
Chatham Court Reflections
Lincoln Crossing
The Merce
The Fairways of Bent Tree
Bent Oaks Apartment Homes
Frankford AMLI
Bent Tree Brook Apartments
Wyndward Addison
Bent Tree Fountains
Preston Townhomes
Preston Oaks
Arts Apartment at Midtown
La Costa Villas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 08:13 AM

88 posts, read 286,703 times
You might want to inquire if they have monthly specials. Apartment Locator use their services can offer a cash back up to $500 write their names on rental application pays for majority of your move

Old 12-07-2010, 10:06 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,306,718 times
The only one I know is the AMLI Frankford- my best friend lives there and loves it. Good layouts, several pools, most units have attached garages (1 car). Some areas (west side) tend to have more guest parking than the east side of the complex- something to think about.

Great access to multiple highways. Central Market just around the corner.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:07 AM

Thanks. I am using moveforfree as my locator. I like them because I can still do the locating myself through their website and get a free move (limited). I've always done a more thorough job of locating than the locators. I tested two out in this move and they did a horrible job in selecting.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
The only one I know is the AMLI Frankford- my best friend lives there and loves it. Good layouts, several pools, most units have attached garages (1 car). Some areas (west side) tend to have more guest parking than the east side of the complex- something to think about.

Great access to multiple highways. Central Market just around the corner.
Great to hear. This one is a strong contender on my list. That's a great tip regarding the parking and I didn't realize the garages came with most units.
Thanks.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:00 AM

Thought I would revisit my thread and give feedback for whoever is searching in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyview22 View Post

Camden Addison--This was one of the top complexes after the visit. The apartment was neat and spacious. I looked at one of the least expensive models. The laundry/pantry in the kitchen was very large. There was a lot of natural sunlight. The rent quote includes cable and trash service. They pick up your trash at your door 5 evenings/week. There is is a lighted walking path for evening walks. THe fitness area, pool, and other community areas were very nice. The leasing folks seemed to know what they are doing. Everything was in writing and clear. I felt at $725 plus pet rent it was a little pricey for me in the end. I don't pay for cable right now so the included cable was not saving me any money. If you would pay for cable anyways $725 isn't so bad.

Chatham Court Reflections-- I saw it and kept driving without stopping. The general area was a little rough looking and the Gables property I read really bad things about in terms of safety was right across the street. The rent was really low and it was clear it was due to the safety of the area.

Lincoln Crossing--I really wanted to tour the apartment. They had one available to show but did not know what was available to rent for the time period that interested me. They had a Look and Lease special that would save me $500 if I rented. I really liked the pool area and liked the apartment video I saw online. Here is the ridiculous part. If I looked but did not lease (even though they didnt know what was available) I couldnt get the $500 off for 30 days. Then I could look and lease for the discount. I didn't want to wait 30 days before making a decision so I did not look. What kind of stupid management is that to let a completely interested person walk out of your leasing office without showing her a place? Isn't the Look and Lease special to encourage people to lease not encourage them not to look? I made it very clear I was very interested in seeing a place...you would think they would have made an exception since they had nothing to rent to me. (It was about a week before the deadline for their tenants to give notices for the time period I wanted to move) The woman helping me was very nice, but I thought that dumb management rule might be an indication of other dumb management rules in the future. That might be an unfair assumption, but impressions are impressions. I definitely recommend checking it out though. Great location and looked like a quality complex. Hopefully someone from the leasing office will read this and see how backwards the look and lease can be in certain situations. This was my 2nd choice property until they turned me away.

The Merce--it was just okay. It was off a very busy road and there was no green. It was a small complex and only concrete. I need a place to walk my dog and there was only a busy road (too busy to walk a dog) and concrete so it did not fit my needs. I did see that other dogs lived there. The road was loud. As for the apartment it was okay...a little dark (dark carpet and not a lot of natural light.) The apartment had two entrances--one as you would traditionally find it and another one through the bedroom. This seemed both convenient and a safety concern for me. The rent was very reasonable though.

The Fairways of Bent Tree--I was very interested but they didnt offer me a tour of the general property and they did not have an apartment to show until later in the week (and I chose another apartment complex before getting a chance to go back) Everything seemed nice from the sound of it.

Bent Oaks Apartment Homes--LOVED IT. Reasonable cost for the quality. 2 blocks off the parkway yet you don't feel like you are in the city. The road turns into a beautiful tree lined street and there are a lot of different complexes nearby. The A1 model is modern and has lots of natural light. There are 2 dog parks nearby (1 on property with a nice view and 1 walking distance run by the city). built in bookshelves are finished nicely. The built in bookshelves in my current place don't look as nice as these. The washer/dryer area is in the small hallway between the bathroom and bedroom which is a nice change from right next to the kitchen IMO. The kitchen and bathroom are on the smaller side but the living room and bedroom have a lot of space and there are several closets/pantries/linen cabinets. The people in the leasing office are VERY accomodating and the ownership has been stable. No apartment is actually on a first floor...you either go down stairs to the first floor or up stairs to the second floor or third floor but they must have some sort of accessibility if you are disabled. They have monthly social events that are popular with the residents. I did not see the fitness center because they were doing routine maintenance (I think that is what she said.) Pool looked nice. Area was safe and great for walking or jogging. apartmentratings rated it a 91% for what its worth. They paint an accent wall for free (you choose the color) and they have doorside trash service 2 days a week.

Frankford AMLI--when I called the main leasing office they neglected to tell me the leasing office at the property itself was closed for a holiday party. I did not see the property itself but have heard good things from others.

Bent Tree Brook Apartments--when I arrived to tour I learned this property and Bent Tree Fountains were sister properties (as well as next to each other) and bought by other owners.

Wyndward Addison-leasing office was friendly and organized but property itself was not kept in luxury apartment shape. It would still be a good apartment to check out yourself IF you are on a mission to find an inexpensive yet safe place. The place looked safe but I could be wrong so obviously do your research.

Bent Tree Fountains--see above

Preston Townhomes--did not visit.

Preston Oaks--can't remember

Arts Apartment at Midtown-There was a sign that said "Video surveilance on property" I walked around a little bit but left quickly. In fact, it was getting dark and I got nervous and rushed back. Do not recommend even looking at it.
La Costa Villas--can't remember
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas