Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2011, 02:50 PM

307 posts, read 1,097,128 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I was wondering what qualifies as an emergency when you are renting an apartment. My kitchen sink is clogged completely. They won't come until Monday to fix it. Since it involves the kitchen I thought that qualified as an emergency.

Is there a list somewhere of what qualifies/doesn't qualify as an emergency in the DFW area (or state of Texas?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 03:33 PM

64 posts, read 221,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LV702 View Post
Hello,

I was wondering what qualifies as an emergency when you are renting an apartment. My kitchen sink is clogged completely. They won't come until Monday to fix it. Since it involves the kitchen I thought that qualified as an emergency.

Is there a list somewhere of what qualifies/doesn't qualify as an emergency in the DFW area (or state of Texas?)
I had the same problem they (apt maintenance) took 3 working days to come; they classified as non-emergency but urgent request

Out of 3, two of my bathrooms were not usable due to water clog; they took a week to come, reason as we had at-least one working bathroom then it does not classify as emergency.

My water was running (literally) in the bathroom without flooding the floors and that fell under urgent and took 3 working days.

In short, if you have flooding, heater issues (during winter) or A/C issues (during summer) or all your bathrooms are clogged then it was considered emergency. I am not sure how it works in Texas in general but that is what I was told by apartment folks.

In my short experience in TX I found it very difficult to be a tenant in an apartment than any other states I have stayed (I am not saying whole TX is like that, all I am saying is based on my experience so far in TX)

Old 01-11-2011, 11:21 AM

4,500 posts, read 12,339,906 times
Me and my wife's been having issues with the main sewage pipe from the building clogging up, resulting in our toilet and bathtub backing up (one bed/one bath), they've always been there immediately, even at midnight, to clear up the problem, and it finally seems like they solved it now.

But even when we came in with the complaint that our tap in the kitchen was dripping, they came and fixed it (replaced the faucet) within an hour, same when one of the fuses in the electrical system was occasionally shorting on something.

In my experience they come within two hours.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:18 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,539,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
Me and my wife's been having issues with the main sewage pipe from the building clogging up, resulting in our toilet and bathtub backing up (one bed/one bath), they've always been there immediately, even at midnight, to clear up the problem, and it finally seems like they solved it now.

But even when we came in with the complaint that our tap in the kitchen was dripping, they came and fixed it (replaced the faucet) within an hour, same when one of the fuses in the electrical system was occasionally shorting on something.

In my experience they come within two hours.
Depends on the apartment complex management. Also, if you have a one bedroom one bathroom they are required by law to come fix your bathroom issue immediately because you only have ONE bathroom.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:45 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,339,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime_mac View Post
Depends on the apartment complex management. Also, if you have a one bedroom one bathroom they are required by law to come fix your bathroom issue immediately because you only have ONE bathroom.
I kind of figured that, which is why I mentioned that they've always been there within two hours whenever there's been anything else too, that hasn't even been seen as an emergency by us (a dripping faucet rarely is ).

It's an Aimco apartment complex, and as far as management and maintenance goes, it's very good.

The free pest control isn't bad either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas