Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 12:54 PM

11 posts, read 27,442 times

Advertisements

I am looking for suggestions on good apartments (2-3br) for me to rent in Plano, in the areas where my daughter can go to Brinker,Barksdale
Saigling or Matthews elementary schools. I will be moving from Boston and would like to rent initially atleast for 6 months before we look around and figure out a place where we can buy.
Also given an address, what is the best way to identify the school ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2007, 06:30 PM

3,035 posts, read 14,428,860 times
You forgot Centennial. I believe it ranks slightly above the others you mentioned; I also like the PACE program it offers (talented and gifted). It also has a small town charm the others lack (it's not a huge school). You can live in my apartment complex and walk across the street to Centennial (La Ventura), very Norman Rockwall-like. Barksdale may be tough to find apartments that zone to it - I believe it is mostly residential over in that area, but there are alot of apartments that map to Brinker. For it, try Heritage at Lakeside and Bentley Place at Willowbend.

Old 07-06-2007, 04:48 PM

2,346 posts, read 6,924,609 times
Default Re:

The PISD web site has a school locator. Punch in the address, get the list of schools. My son attends Saigling. Excellent principal in charge. Only 1 apartment complex, but a condo development has rentals available, and houses are available to rent.

Old 07-09-2007, 06:30 AM

11 posts, read 27,442 times
Thanks Socketz and Big G. We are visiting the area around the 21st of this month to look around and spend 4 days in the area. The information you provided helps.

Old 07-09-2007, 11:24 PM

303 posts, read 1,011,538 times
For Barksdale check out The Towns of Chapel Hill. It is right behind Willow Bend Mall. It is just awesome, you can walk your kid to school - walking through the park, and you get to walk on a small bridge over a creek. We lived there, I was sold on it before we even got to see the inside of the apartment!
Our son went to Barksdale, we loved it there. This year we moved, he will be going to Brinker - I hope it will be just as good.
There is an AMLI across the street from Barksdale, it The Towns of Chapel Hill doesn't work out for you.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:08 PM

Here's a website for The Towns of Chapel Hill: Towns of Chapel Hill - a Plano, Texas Apartment Community (http://www.townsofchapelhill.com/photo_album.php - broken link)

Also, Towns of Chapel Hill Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Plano apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

I look at these once and wasn't aware they mapped to Barksdale. I think the community looks alot better on this site than it does in person. Check it out for yourself.

I live here:
La Ventura Apartment Community

Also check here: La Ventura Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Plano apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

And like it better. The thing I'd like about living near Barksdale is that if you decide to buy a home, the homes in that area are more affordable than the ones by me in Willowbend. This means if you decide to buy a home, you can do it easily and keep your kids in the same school.

Last edited by socketz; 07-10-2007 at 06:20 PM..

Old 07-11-2007, 02:26 PM

303 posts, read 1,011,538 times
The pictures of The Towns of Chapel Hill are accurate. You can even see the bridge going to Barksdale. You actually go through the park, it is also pictured there.
I am sure there are nice communitites out there, this was very convenient for us.
True, you can buy a less expensive house in the Barksdale area.

Old 07-16-2007, 04:10 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,150,148 times
Boy that is really going to be culture shock moving from Boston to the Frankenstein suburb of Plano --- haven't you considered moving to the city?

Old 07-16-2007, 04:55 PM

"Frankenstein suburb of Plano"

At least that's original :-)

Plano is a pretty nice burb, but I agree with Lakewooder that if you are looking for a more metropolitan area that resembles Boston, you may want to move closer in to Dallas.

Old 07-17-2007, 08:50 AM

1,560 posts, read 7,145,060 times
Doesn't that sort of depend on where in Boston he's coming from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas