Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 12:03 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,978,721 times

Advertisements

"Huh?" says it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 12:07 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
"Huh?" says it all.
Your four post response sums it up.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:10 PM

333 posts, read 639,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post

What? Depending on where in Plano they live, what's the point of driving to the DART station, finding a parking spot, waiting for the train, etc., when in all that time, they could have just drove. Reasons like that are why DART's ridership is pretty damn low for a system of its size. And not everyone in Plano works along 75, FYI.
You're dead wrong on this. It takes me less than half the time to get to a Dart station, park and get downtown than it does for me to drive. And I live at Beltline and the Tollway

Old 01-27-2011, 12:10 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,955,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Your four post response sums it up.
I know right. That's what the edit feature is for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacemm View Post
You're dead wrong on this. It takes me less than half the time to get to a Dart station, park and get downtown than it does for me to drive. And I live at Beltline and the Tollway
Like I said, depends on what side of Plano you live on and where you work. Why don't you explain to me why DART ridership is so low for the amount of miles of track it has, since you know all about light rail.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
dv ignores that the commercial districts and employment centers DART services aren't in those offbeat locations and the neighborhoods that it would cut through are simply now at walkable edges.
Quote:
LOL, this isn't true. Most of DART's stations are near freeways. The residents have to drive to those stations nine times out of ten. Actually, I'll be nice and say eight times out of ten.

@hamiltonpl, that's denser to Uptown to you? Looks about the same to me. People don't often venture to that side of 35 (or at least it is not as heard of). A lot of stuff going on it seems.
It seemed to me mm4 is trying to suggest that the rail merely serves the outskirts of destination instead going through them. Of course, this goes with the fact of DART's less than stellar alignment so I was confused to why mm4 would say something negative about DART.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:

@hamiltonpl, that's denser to Uptown to you? Looks about the same to me. People don't often venture to that side of 35 (or at least it is not as heard of). A lot of stuff going on it seems.
This is also false...My best friend lives over there and there is a ton of street life. Not so much retail or food, but trust me, people are there and on the streets

Old 01-27-2011, 12:12 PM

Honestly, DART is in a good position to make changes to get on the right path but it seriously needs to slow down and improve what it is has.

DART can't get people to ride it and METRO can't get it built.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:15 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,955,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacemm View Post
This is also false...My best friend lives over there and there is a ton of street life. Not so much retail or food, but trust me, people are there and on the streets
You just try to find anything in my post to disagree with and call "false". What part of my post was false? Is the Design District even has heard of as say, VP or Uptown? Nope. I actually gave it a compliment at the end of my post. You're just real nitpicky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Honestly, DART is in a good position to make changes to get on the right path but it seriously needs to slow down and improve what it is has.

DART can't get people to ride it and METRO can't get it built.
I can agree with this. All Dallas really has to do is build some streetcar lines to connect the dots between the light rail lines. As for Metro, as long as they get the Inner Loop lines built and build them right (overpasses at busy streets, more crossing guards, etc.), then I think Metro will take off.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
You just try to find anything in my post to disagree with. What part of my post was false? Is the Design District even has heard of as say, VP or Uptown? Nope. I actually gave it a compliment at the end of my post. You're just real nitpicky.
haha yeah i just pick on you on purpose

Old 01-27-2011, 12:22 PM

1,518 posts, read 5,269,990 times
Quote:
LOL, this isn't true. Most of DART's stations are near freeways. The residents have to drive to those stations nine times out of ten. Actually, I'll be nice and say eight times out of ten.

Yeah, I've worked in Uptown for a decade -- I know the place.

On the ground, the Design District is denser. They've done a much better job at hiding the parking lots and putting in good sidewalks. Some parts of Uptown feel completely suburban to me. Design District is all urban.

Go check it out for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas