Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2011, 09:09 PM

37 posts, read 115,723 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I have been talking to few lenders for the single family home purchase loan and all are asking for the recent bank statement/transactions.

I am going to provide 2 recent paystubs and allow them to run the credit check. But still WHY the lenders ask for the recent bank statement/transactions ?.

Is it legal to ask for the "recent bank statement/transactions" ?. I am not comfortable to show my recent bank statement/transactions and SAVINGS to 'someone' else ?

Is it a normal practice ?

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 09:29 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,710,702 times
This is normal. Every single time we have gotten a mortgage we have had to show ALL pages of the last 2 bank statements. They want to know that any and all money you are going to be putting down as a down payment is YOURS and not a loan even from family. Yes, it is VERY LEGAL for them to ask for bank statements and they want EVERY SINGLE PAGE for those last 2 months. Not just the first page that shows the beginning and ending balance.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:52 PM

247 posts, read 564,407 times
It is normal. They want to know pretty much everything about you, considering you might be borrowing a lot of money from them. Don't worry about it...its not worth stressing over or anything.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:06 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,204,215 times
You will be asked for your most 2 recent statements now for pre-approval and when you are about to close (approx. 2 days) they will ask you again for the latest statement and pay stub. They check for deposits and to make sure that the money for your downpayment is seasoned.

Naima

Old 01-21-2011, 11:37 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,552,891 times
and I also think they look for spending patterns--to make sure that you are not draining your account each much

Old 01-21-2011, 11:56 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,399,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by planoin View Post
Hi,

I have been talking to few lenders for the single family home purchase loan and all are asking for the recent bank statement/transactions.

I am going to provide 2 recent paystubs and allow them to run the credit check. But still WHY the lenders ask for the recent bank statement/transactions ?.

Is it legal to ask for the "recent bank statement/transactions" ?. I am not comfortable to show my recent bank statement/transactions and SAVINGS to 'someone' else ?

Is it a normal practice ?

Thanks,
If you are not comfortable sharing your full financial situation with the people you want to borrow lots and lots of money from, your option is to save your money up and pay cash for a home. A mortgage is not an inalienable right.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:00 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,710,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
If you are not comfortable sharing your full financial situation with the people you want to borrow lots and lots of money from, your option is to save your money up and pay cash for a home. A mortgage is not an inalienable right.

True. Why would someone want to LOAN you money but not know your personal financial history.

Guess they should have bought a house back in the heyday a few years ago w/ the no questions asked mortgages being given out. And now they are all in foreclosure......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas