Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 11:35 PM

48 posts, read 228,200 times

Advertisements

A dear friend in AZ had a stroke and has asked me to take her Yorkie boy, so we will be going to get him very soon. I need a good, competent vet with a clean office and a compassionate, caring staff. Someone who doesn't try to nickel and dime me too would be appreciated. Did I mention a clean office? Your recommendations would be appreciated. Many thanks.

Also, I might need the services of a dog walker since I might be in the hospital a day or two at some point after he joins our family. Who do you use/trust???

I would be lost without this board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2007, 07:20 PM

58 posts, read 250,118 times
I use the Breckinridge Park Animal Hospital at the corner of Renner and North Star in northeast Richardson. They are incredibly clean and kind there...I was very happy with the service and the staff.

Old 07-22-2007, 08:43 AM

Red face Thank You -- I Am Grateful

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question. We had a beloved Yorkie rescue who is now dead, and I am sure if we'd had a different vet, she would still be alive and loving life and filling our days with joy instead of the grief we are now feeling. I just don't want to make the same, heartbreaking mistake again. I find referrals usually point you in the right direction. Is there any specific vet you prefer?

Old 07-22-2007, 05:55 PM

6 posts, read 35,876 times
Default Vet Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyG1009 View Post
Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question. We had a beloved Yorkie rescue who is now dead, and I am sure if we'd had a different vet, she would still be alive and loving life and filling our days with joy instead of the grief we are now feeling. I just don't want to make the same, heartbreaking mistake again. I find referrals usually point you in the right direction. Is there any specific vet you prefer?
Sorry to hear about the loss of your Yorkie We've used Dr. Mark Carter at the Spring Hill Animal Clinic < (972) 495-5314 > for the past 10 years with excellent results. They're located at 3214 W. Campbell Rd which is a block east of the intersections of Campbell & Jupiter. He's very professional and compassionate and I've never hesitated to trust the care of my dogs to him. I've recommended them to family and friends with good results.

3214 W Campbell Rd, Garland, TX 75044, USA - Google Maps

Good luck in your search!

Old 07-23-2007, 08:33 AM

Default Thank you for the vet referral!

I appreciate you taking the time to share your vet info with me. The Yorkie we're taking for our friend is 8 and has enjoyed great health, but he's at that age when things start going south and has been in a stressful situation the past two months. I want to take great care of him, but it is so hard to know who to trust your pets to when you're new to an area. I've already made one fatal mistake in judgement, and I don't want to make another. This little guy better live a long life because it tears me up to lose them. Many thanks for your referral.

Old 07-23-2007, 12:23 PM

58 posts, read 250,118 times
The vets at Breckinridge Animal Hospital are Drs. Erickson--a married couple. I was really happy with their care and follow-up (calls the next day regarding blood tests, etc.). I think they were very caring people, and even went above and beyond when i took my second dog in for a quick shot...let me know how it goes

Old 07-24-2007, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrmom View Post
The vets at Breckinridge Animal Hospital are Drs. Erickson--a married couple. I was really happy with their care and follow-up (calls the next day regarding blood tests, etc.). I think they were very caring people, and even went above and beyond when i took my second dog in for a quick shot...let me know how it goes
OK, I will do that. We won't have him for a month, but I will go there first with his records from the AZ vet to check it out and meet them. I want to be prepared if he is suffering from stress after being stuffed in a pet bag for two hours while aboard the plane. Thanks again!

Old 07-24-2007, 03:33 PM

27 posts, read 131,299 times
Default House Call Vet

We use Dr. John Sohmer, who is a house call vet. For a nominal fee he'll come to your house to do pretty much everything with exception to actual surgery. It's very convenient for us, and for the dogs it's great b/c they don't feel the anxiety of going to a clinic. They see the vet and assume it's just another person to meet and play with. I highly recommend him.

He also has an office at Arapaho and Jupiter that is available for xrays and surgery, should your pet ever need that.

index

Old 08-04-2007, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryetronics View Post
We use Dr. John Sohmer, who is a house call vet. For a nominal fee he'll come to your house to do pretty much everything with exception to actual surgery. It's very convenient for us, and for the dogs it's great b/c they don't feel the anxiety of going to a clinic. They see the vet and assume it's just another person to meet and play with. I highly recommend him.

He also has an office at Arapaho and Jupiter that is available for xrays and surgery, should your pet ever need that.

index
Where are my manners? I never thanked you for taking the time to recommend a vet. I will check him out. We will be visiting the vets who were recommended next week. We'll be getting our little guy soon.

Old 08-24-2007, 10:23 AM

7 posts, read 21,070 times
I use Dr Block at the Cottonwood Animal Hospital. Go by and they will even give you a tour of their hospital...ALWAYS clean. Nice folks there too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas