Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2011, 06:01 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,902,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtltke137 View Post
Chicago had a great fire that burned the city to the ground. There is a POSSIBILITY it might happen again. Maybe they shouldn't hold any events there.

New York City has had two major blackouts and a terrorist attack. There is a POSSIBILITY it might happen again. Maybe they shouldn't hold any events there either.

That is why your analogy doesn't make sense.
. . . . So basically me saying that sh*t happens doesn't make sense?

I said that EVERY SINGLE CITY has a chance of something bad happening. There is no such thing as a sure thing, especially with big events. So either have it or don't.

I have no clue what you were getting off at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 06:04 PM

922 posts, read 1,698,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
They talked to the NFL commissioner he did not say this will keep the Super Bowl away in the future.

Will North Texas See Another Super Bowl? | NBC Dallas-Fort Worth

What do you expect, The NFL wont admit that this was a failure while it's still going on.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:10 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,020,143 times
I think Dallas will be ok since you all have the best stadium in the NFL. The snow in Dallas does not really have an affect on the NFL. The little events they were suppose to have during the week are not really a big of a deal. Now for the city of Dallas, they lost BIG on this but the NFL didnt because they make their money from the commercials on tv. Even if Dallas have ice and snow people are still going to watch the game on TV. Dallas lost $$$ but the NFL still won because everybody will still watch the game on Sunday

Old 02-04-2011, 09:56 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,954,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Yet another troll. Why am I not surprised....
So, are we calling people trolls just because they post articles that don't paint the North Texas SB in a positive light right now?

Old 02-04-2011, 10:01 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,946,212 times
They deleted alot of posts.

People are saying we shouldn't hold the SB in Dallas (I mean North Texas) ever again. I know people were expecting mild temps, but the weather is very unpredictable in North Texas. They shouldn't hold this against us.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
They deleted alot of posts.

People are saying we shouldn't hold the SB in Dallas (I mean North Texas) ever again. I know people were expecting mild temps, but the weather is very unpredictable in North Texas. They shouldn't hold this against us.
I quoted a post before the deleted post. And they've held the ice storm against Atlanta since 2000. DFW will be no different, tbh. The stadium is the saving grace, but everything is so spread out.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:08 PM
JJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
So, are we calling people trolls just because they post articles that don't paint the North Texas SB in a positive light right now?
I'll say yes, but I'm only saying it because that's ALL their doing.... And then some.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I'll say yes, but I'm only saying it because that's ALL their doing....
That's kinda lame, tbh. Everything isn't all rosy.... I know it's good to stay positive tho, but the truth is, this SB week in North Texas has been a disaster. Lets hope Saturday clears things up.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:18 PM
JJG

Quote:
That's kinda lame, tbh. Everything isn't all rosy.... I know it's good to stay positive tho, but the truth is, this SB week in North Texas has been a disaster. Lets hope Saturday clears things up.
No... dude... there will be more negative than positive going around about this year's Super Bowl week.

That's fine. I expect that.

But when you start trashing the area, throwin' out more insults than insight, and creating an i.d. just for what I mentioned/getting kicked off for what you're doing/then creating another i.d. and doing the exact same thing you got kicked off for, then you become a troll.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:18 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,946,212 times
Quote:
LOL........I am praying for mild temps! We need to melt this snow. Please LAWD let Saturday be a very nice day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas