Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 12:30 PM

12 posts, read 80,732 times

Advertisements

Hi All,
We finally did move into Coppell and could not be happier with our descision. Thanks to all you guys

We are now buzy shopping for our new home. We have been looking out for furnitures from 3 to 4 months....Wiers,Andersons,Hemispheres, Haverty's,Dillards etc etc.

Last week we found something we like in Haverty's, but needed some info on this furniture makers reputation .....does anyone own this brand furniture who can assist me on this ? Do they have good customer service....we are planning to take their extended 5 yr warrenty.....is it worth it ?

Its costing us arround 6 K , so we dont want to regret later on our choice.

I am looking for any information you ca give on this...I tried googling but found very little info.

Thanks a ton !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2011, 12:50 PM

333 posts, read 636,373 times
have you checked The Dump?

Old 01-31-2011, 12:52 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,508,787 times
Moderator cut: consumer complaints not allowed on C-D

Never purchased from them- I tend to shop at local mom and pop stores.

But I am sure you could find SOMEONE that had some kind of complaint no matter what it is.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 01-31-2011 at 01:05 PM..

Old 01-31-2011, 01:02 PM

YES, checked out The Dump, but it has some very strange reviews. Also I dont feel comfortable with the No Return / No Exchange policy.

I did read the complaints.....does anybody have something good to say about them ?

Are there any other furniture stores in Dallas you recommend ?

Old 01-31-2011, 01:04 PM

679 posts, read 1,795,895 times
I have been to the one is SA and the quality looks mediocre at best, like on par with Target. But everyone has a budget... just know when you buy it's not going to be "forever" stuff.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:05 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,508,787 times
The Dump- sucks! Wasteful store to go to.
I don't think you'll find anywhere where there is not a complaint.'

I shop at Garland Furniture- Garland , Rowlett, Sachse, Plano, Dallas, Richardson, Rockwall, Wylie, Murphy, Allen, Frisco, Mckinney, Mesquite Garland Furniture, Furniture Stores, Bedroom Furniture, Dining Room Furniture, Living Room Furniture, Sofas, Recliners, Chairs, Loveseats

Old 01-31-2011, 01:11 PM

hmmm...I dont want to spend 6 grand and buy mediocre furniture...and also since its for my Living Room, where I will be entertaining guests.....I want it to be really special ...I am in a fix

Old 01-31-2011, 01:13 PM

3,020 posts, read 8,579,650 times
About a year ago, we were shopping for a leather sectional. Believe it or not, we found the very best buy on a high quality leather sectional on sale at Dillard's. The same EXACT unit (same brand even) was more than twice the price at Haverty's. We found the best deal on a recliner there as well. Just my experience.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:14 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,718,846 times
We have purchased a few items from Haverty's. Okay customer service. Not tops on my list. They are above Room Store and Rooms to Go type places. Haverty's and RTO and RS remind me of walking onto a car lot.

I've had excellent service everytime we have purchased something from Weir's. Their quality is very good and they have excellent prices.

Only bought a sofa from Dillard's a LONG time ago. Have since passed it on a long time ago.

Baker's Furniture is very good as well. Locally owned like Weir's and customer services has been very good as well as the quality. They carry some of the same lines as Weir's.

The Dump seems too....... hit or miss and most people I've talked to have not been impressed w/ them.

I've never purchased an extended warranty of non electronics so I am not sure on that end.

Oh, and another place to check for furniture if you find what you are looking for and have access to a truck is in Broken Bow, Oklahoma. Glenn's Furniture. If you know the manufacturer and sku # you can call them and check their price. Give them a deposit and they will order it and you can go pick it up. It is a day going and coming back but we have bought rooms full of very good quality furniture from them at a time and saved some major $$$$.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:27 PM

333 posts, read 636,373 times
My parents love The Dump but it's a little too pricey for me still. It is definitely hit or miss
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas