Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2007, 11:17 AM

6,578 posts, read 25,374,853 times

Advertisements

$50 Wilmer Hutchins
$51 South Dallas
$54 Southeast Dallas
$56 Lancaster
$61 DeSoto
$63 Mesquite
$65 Duncanvile
$66 Grand Prairie
$69 Cedar Hill
$71 Kaufman County
$72 Garland
$72 Arlington
$73 Sachse/Rowlett
$76 The Colony
$76 Oak Cliff
$77 Ellis County
$77 Wylie
$79 Denton County
$80 Hurst
$82 Bedford
$82 Euless
$87 Richardson
$88 Carrollton-Farmers Branch
$88 McKinney
$89 Rockwall
$90 Allen
$93 Sunnyvale
$94 Irving
$97 Lewisville-Flower Mound
$99 Plano
$99 Frisco
$103 Grapevine
$105 Northeast Dallas
$106 Keller
$110 Coppell
$111 Fairview
$112 Northwest Dallas
$118 Far North Dallas
$135 Colleyville
$136 East Dallas
$142 Westlake
$147 Southlake
$216 Oak Lawn
$233 North Dallas
$346 Park Cities

Source - Dallas Morning News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2007, 11:45 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,678,014 times
I love lists like this. It really does not help though when you are looking at large cities that have many different areas. Like Garland. One of our neighbors just recently put their house on the market and the price per sq foot is a little over $117. The tax office has the avg price per sq foot in the neighborhood right at $100. Lists like these REALLY do need to be broken down even more into zones that give a more realistic view.

Old 07-20-2007, 11:48 AM

6,578 posts, read 25,374,853 times
I wish they would separate Sachse and Rowlett and separate Lewisville and Flower Mound. Garland is so big they could separate it somewhere. It would also be interesting to have east of Central and west of Central for Richardson, Plano, Allen and McKinney.

Old 07-20-2007, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
I wish they would separate Sachse and Rowlett and separate Lewisville and Flower Mound. Garland is so big they could separate it somewhere. It would also be interesting to have east of Central and west of Central for Richardson, Plano, Allen and McKinney.
Yes, those do need to be seperated. I'd go even farther w/ the seperation of Plano, Richardson, Allen & McKinney because the areas due east of Central are a TOTALLY different market than those even farther out to the east. How can a newly built estate home on 2 acres compare to a small tract home that is 1 mile from 75 built in the 50's?

Old 07-20-2007, 12:01 PM

670 posts, read 2,988,633 times
I think it's a good starting point, but in my experience there is difference between a Darling 3000 square foot home and a Fox and Jacobs even in the same city. I wish they would do like a $50-150 PSF so people from out of the area could kind of gauge a mid range or at least get an idea of what goes with what (hope that makes sense).

Old 07-20-2007, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA_Mom View Post
I think it's a good starting point, but in my experience there is difference between a Darling 3000 square foot home and a Fox and Jacobs even in the same city. I wish they would do like a $50-150 PSF so people from out of the area could kind of gauge a mid range or at least get an idea of what goes with what (hope that makes sense).
It does make sense to me. There are several things out there that one can run across that give info for those relocating. One I ran across the other day when it was giving a description of the demographics of my neighborhood said most were "dual income" (that is FAR from the truth as most are stay at home moms), the median & avg income I believe was far too low ANd it had the number of homes WAY OFF! It really is hard to really find areas to look in when relocating when you factor in all of the information out there being so misleading. Then you throw in the one realtor you happen to call on that is prejuidice against many areas yet knows nothing about them much less even been to them. I'd hate to have to relocate somewhere w/o getting the chance to REALLY explore the area.

Old 07-20-2007, 12:52 PM

670 posts, read 2,988,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
I'd hate to have to relocate somewhere w/o getting the chance to REALLY explore the area.
That is EXACTLY what happened to us moving here (Georgia). The relocation division of the company was pretty prejudiced against certain areas, but another huge issue was home pricing. We *can* buy a 4-bedroom/2-bath home here for say $150K (which is less than what we had in DFW this is just an example); but, it is not in an area I would feel safe in 1 iota, would be 30 years older, and likely around 1700 square feet...which is why the websites showed us that COL would be far LESS. We could not FIND comparable homes within a 2 hour drive from here without going up another MINIMUM of $100K and still that's pushing it because they simply don't build the same...kitchens here tend to be smaller (talking cabinet space not just room size) than kitchens I had in 2-bedroom 30-year-old apartments in Texas. We have found it is MORE expensive here to live the same lifestyle that we had grown accustomed too. I told my husband I will NEVER move to another state I have not lived in as an adult (because as a kid all places were cool being a military family) and preferrably never out of Texas. It's located right between my dad and his folks and my mom is there

Old 07-20-2007, 01:30 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,124,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
I agree as well, especially with the separation of Lewisville and Flower Mound. These two cities also have areas like Highland Village, Corinth, Argyle, Double Oak, Bartonville/Lantana and Hickory Creek all lumped together under those two cities.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:33 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,003,227 times
Similarly, East Dallas (Area 12) has most of Old South Dallas included - completely different market. Also I think it should be broken down into two parts with White Rock Lake through the middle. Casa Linda is a nice area, but Casa View and the Ferguson Road areas are more middle-income, first-time buyer and rental unit territory.

Area 12 is one of the largest, with 1,350 sales.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas