Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 07:40 PM

310 posts, read 1,159,938 times

Advertisements

Hi all....

As a former DFW resident and recent visitor for the super bowl this past weekend, I have to say I was very disappointed in several matters.....

First....security into the game.....there was no clear signage as to where to go for security, then we find we where we need to be a security official proceeds to let us into next area by saying show me your tix....we proceed into next area, just a general open space one hundred people wide where you take one step forward every five min, then you finally get to the zig zag gates where hundreds of people are pushing their way thru a ten foot wide gap...trampling and shoving their way in....downright dangerous, then we wait in the zig zag lines for over two hours before finally being patted down...which was a joke...then go thru metal detectors...all in all this process took us two and a half hours....good thing we got in line at1pm...I heard they finally opened up the other checkpoint just before kickoff because the crowd was getting angry.

Second, once inside Cowboys stadium, I was amazed at how big and beautiful it is....but....there were no clear signs as to where any elevators or escalators were...only after we walked all the stairs to the fourth level did we even see the ramp....now the seats....I font know if they are roomier on the lower levels, but the seats in the upper sections are tiny...my husband is six foot and works out and is a weight lifter, he barely fit in the seats, and forget about sitting back into the seat...you better like the person you're sitting next to, cause you're rubbing shoulders the entire game. The mens and womens restrooms are no where near each other.... I do have to give the concession stands props...lines were short and staff were efficient there.

I said I wanted to go to the new Cowboy's facility for a game, I have, and I have to say I will not return to this facility. I have been to other Super Bowls and I don't know who dropped the ball here, but this by far was my worst experience.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 07:52 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,282,852 times
On behalf of Jerry Jones, the NFL, the Super Bowl, and the citizens of all of North Texas, we apologize.

Seriously though- sounds like you just don't like the new stadium.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:45 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,947,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
On behalf of Jerry Jones, the NFL, the Super Bowl, and the citizens of all of North Texas, we apologize.

Seriously though- sounds like you just don't like the new stadium.
Not what it sounded like to me. She even said it was "big and beautiful". Seems that the planning was very poor, among other things that happened last week.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:00 PM

310 posts, read 1,159,938 times
I very much enjoyed the stadium...once I got inside....the view from our seats was amazing...even from our high seats...the jumbotron was incredible....sound system was superb

But.... As scarface713 said...the planning that went into it was very poor.......they knew they were expecting over one hundred thousand people....it should have been better

Old 02-08-2011, 09:02 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,282,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Not what it sounded like to me. She even said it was "big and beautiful". Seems that the planning was very poor, among other things that happened last week.
Yes, and after that she proceeded to complain about the size of seats and how close they were to each other, the location of the bathrooms, the way the escalators weren't marked, etc. Those are all permanent aspects of the stadium and have nothing to do with the Super Bowl.

The security sounds like standard for a major sporting event- I sat through tue same zig-zag lines with pushy grumpy spectators at the BCS National Championship a few years back. It sucks but in the post-9/11 world, checking 100,000 people through security and ensuring tickets are not couterfit takes a really long time.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:03 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,947,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightgirl151 View Post
I very much enjoyed the stadium...once I got inside....the view from our seats was amazing...even from our high seats...the jumbotron was incredible....sound system was superb

But.... As scarface713 said...the planning that went into it was very poor.......they knew they were expecting over one hundred thousand people....it should have been better
Did you join in on the "Dallas sucks" chants?

Old 02-08-2011, 09:18 PM

770 posts, read 1,796,983 times
Quote:
Hi all....

As a former DFW resident and recent visitor for the super bowl this past weekend, I have to say I was very disappointed in several matters.....

First....security into the game.....there was no clear signage as to where to go for security, then we find we where we need to be a security official proceeds to let us into next area by saying show me your tix....we proceed into next area, just a general open space one hundred people wide where you take one step forward every five min, then you finally get to the zig zag gates where hundreds of people are pushing their way thru a ten foot wide gap...trampling and shoving their way in....downright dangerous, then we wait in the zig zag lines for over two hours before finally being patted down...which was a joke...then go thru metal detectors...all in all this process took us two and a half hours....good thing we got in line at1pm...I heard they finally opened up the other checkpoint just before kickoff because the crowd was getting angry.

Second, once inside Cowboys stadium, I was amazed at how big and beautiful it is....but....there were no clear signs as to where any elevators or escalators were...only after we walked all the stairs to the fourth level did we even see the ramp....now the seats....I font know if they are roomier on the lower levels, but the seats in the upper sections are tiny...my husband is six foot and works out and is a weight lifter, he barely fit in the seats, and forget about sitting back into the seat...you better like the person you're sitting next to, cause you're rubbing shoulders the entire game. The mens and womens restrooms are no where near each other.... I do have to give the concession stands props...lines were short and staff were efficient there.

I said I wanted to go to the new Cowboy's facility for a game, I have, and I have to say I will not return to this facility. I have been to other Super Bowls and I don't know who dropped the ball here, but this by far was my worst experience.....
I would say that considering the miserable weather conditions during the week leading up to the superbowl, that the DFW area did a fantastic job of hosting the Superbowl.

Sure, it wasn't ran to perfection, but come on, what superbowl is?

Old 02-08-2011, 09:23 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,909,282 times
Were people really doing "Dallas sucks!" cheers? That is HILARIOUS! And other than the game itself, this Super Bowl really DID suck. I felt sorry for Dallas -- NOT for Jerry Jones.

Last edited by Newsboy; 02-08-2011 at 09:36 PM..

Old 02-08-2011, 09:41 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,813,167 times
Quote:

Talk to the NFL.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:32 PM

15 posts, read 25,445 times
The NFL is completely to blame here... Jerry has no blame, nor do the Cowboys. Anyone who argues that point is on the losing end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas