Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2011, 02:23 PM

83 posts, read 359,507 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to check if anyone had this kind of problem and how they resolved it.

I took FIOS TV service 3 months back; I was clearly told by more than one representative that I am getting DVR for free for 12 Months. (same deal was also present in their website at that time; no, I did not take a print out)

I took the service and setup a auto-payment.

My bad, I did not check the invoice online and they kept charging me for DVR for the last three months, today I called them to reverse those charges but not only they refused to reverse the charges for last 3 months they also denied that I was offered that deal.

Just wondering did this happen to anyone and how you handled it.

Of course I can cut short my loss by disconnecting the service but it looks very unfair to give a deal and then to charge me and now to say that they did not offer me that deal....

Last edited by Matt2010; 02-11-2011 at 03:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 08:37 PM

2,348 posts, read 4,816,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2010 View Post
Just wanted to check if anyone had this kind of problem and how they resolved it.

I took FIOS TV service 3 months back; I was clearly told by more than one representative that I am getting DVR for free for 12 Months. (same deal was also present in their website at that time; no, I did not take a print out)

I took the service and setup a auto-payment.

My bad, I did not check the invoice online and they kept charging me for DVR for the last three months, today I called them to reverse those charges but not only they refused to reverse the charges for last 3 months they also denied that I was offered that deal.

Just wondering did this happen to anyone and how you handled it.

Of course I can cut short my loss by disconnecting the service but it looks very unfair to give a deal and then to charge me and now to say that they did not offer me that deal....

There is a simple solution here..You call the local competition, tell them you are unhappy with FIOs, get a new customer deal drawn up..Then call VZ and tell them the deal you got from the competitor and that you are leaving if they don't honor what they told you verbally. If they say no leave and be done with it..If you dont' want to leave because you like the service, then pay it and move on. Nothing else you can do really, the best thing you can do is speak with your feet...

Old 02-12-2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids929 View Post
...Nothing else you can do really...
In short there is no way to prove that they offered me that deal...hmmm... me no happy ...

I will be try to talk to them again and if they are not going to honor the deal then however the service may be I am quitting as soon as I get the service from other providers...

Thanks.

Old 02-12-2011, 07:29 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,471,004 times
Whenever Verizon calls me to offer some special deal (for a limited time period) I always tell them that I am not interested...even if the offer is free. That way when the [free] time period ends and they start billing for it I don't have deal with canceling it, with the chance that my billing will get messed up. I get only the products that I truly want and am not interested in taking advantage of their special offers for a limited time.

Over the years I have made a few changes (increased Internet speed, added set-to boxes for H-D reception, etc.), but have only once had any problem with billing issues...and they corrected the problem in the next billing cycle.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
... I get only the products that I truly want and am not interested in taking advantage of their special offers for a limited time....
agreed, I also don't take promotions just for taking promotions which usually comes for 30 to 90 days time period.

This one for 12 months which was pretty decent time frame, secondly I first tried to order through time warner unfortunately they needed more time to install in our place hence I went with Verizon FIOS to take the service not just for the promotion (I wasn't happy with FIOS customer service when I had it in my earlier place); having said that I agree FIOS service is pretty good but customer service is kind of nightmare at-least for me.

Ok, in short what I hear is there is no way for me to prove that I was offered this deal unless FIOS customer service decides in my favor... well it is relatively costly lesson for me.

Thanks to everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: