Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 01:16 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,948,828 times

Advertisements

It's no wonder that I refrain from living in Dallas County with people like this running the place. It's sad, because otherwise I like Dallas County.

Commissioner Price tells Sherbet supporters to 'go to hell' | wfaa.com | Dallas - Fort Worth Local News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 01:42 PM

419 posts, read 997,902 times
John Wiley Price is less respectable than a used piece of toilet paper, but your position is nonsensical. He has absolutely no affect on me living in Dallas County. County Commissioners don't do a whole lot that affect your every day life. They have control over the purse strings of the County. But there are other elected County officials that are much more powerful.

You've got some nuts as state and national representatives too -- but that is no reason to leave Texas or the United States. Price represents a portion of southern Dallas County. And his gibberish makes the news. So what?

Collin County has plenty of deep, significant issues that are much more serious. The Collin County District Attorney indicted a judge after she impaneled a grand jury to investigate him. That is, when the judges aren't having extra-marital affairs with the lead prosecutors in questionable capital murder trials that end in the death penalty. The judges in Collin County are trying to indict the District Attorney and the District Attorney is trying to indict the judges. The top law enforcement of Collin County could end up in handcuffs and the judge they stand before could too. That makes John Wiley Price's flamboyant antics look insignificant. He is a boorish bafoon. But Collin County's leaders have much bigger problems. When are you moving?

Collin County Judge Indicted by CoCo DA over Bribery Allegations (after she impaneled a grand jury to indict the District Attorney):
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/commu...ooten-6837.ece

Collin County Grand Jury (impaneled by judge who was indicted) Indicts First Assistant District Attorney on Record Tampering, Criticizes Vindictive District Attorney:
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/columnists/ed-housewright/20110109-recent-collin-county-grand-jury-and-former-da-roach-criticize-each-other.ece (broken link)

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime...ing-charge.ece

Collin County Judge Had Undisclosed Affair with Prosecutor During Capital Murder Trial. Judge Sentenced Accused to Death
http://www.baumbach.org/b2evolution/...&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Collin County Judge Forces Defendants on Probation (not convicted of a crime) to Engage in Experimental Drug Testing
http://www.baumbach.org/b2evolution/blogs/index.php?title=prometa_judge_loses_re_election_bi d&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1 (broken link)

Collin County Judge Orders Search Warrant on Defense Lawyer's Home and District Attorney of Kaufman County (which led to his suicide)
http://www.baumbach.org/b2evolution/blogs/index.php?title=not_judge_rusch_s_first_controvers ial_wa&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1 (broken link)

Last edited by HOAPRESIDENT; 02-15-2011 at 02:16 PM..

Old 02-15-2011, 02:27 PM

419 posts, read 997,902 times
To compare Apples and Apples, Collin County Commisioners have been voting themselves a pay raise every year (they are now among the highest paid in the state) although they meet less than their peers and seldom meet quota. They meet twice a month for an hour and are paid almost $140,000.

The Collin County Observer - Category: Commissioners Salaries

Old 02-15-2011, 04:51 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,948,828 times
Between the DISD, Dallas City Hall, and the County Commissioners, I think Dallas has more than its share of nutcakes. That's all I'm saying. That a public servant can be out and out racist like this and has been doing so for decades and never suffer any consequences says a lot about Dallas and Dallas County. Nothing nonsensical in that at all, in fact, it's common sense.

As for Collin County and what they and their citizens do might be wrong as well. Two wrongs do not make a right.

Old 02-15-2011, 04:57 PM

198 posts, read 499,312 times
I love how people love to trash Dallas County Democrats when up north in Collin County, the Republicans have an even worse political machine going on.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:13 PM

990 posts, read 2,302,558 times
the man talking at the beginning of the audio was an idiot. I'm sorry, and don't care if you are here. If you want to mock Price(which is what he was doing), shouldn't you do that elsewhere or simply not at all?

Old 02-15-2011, 05:17 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
I don't live in Collin County because it's all white flight people who are scared of John Wiley Price (of whom I am not a fan although he can be tight on the tax purse strings - which I like). And I don't live in Fort Worth because those angels on Bass Hall are just kitsch.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:20 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,779,241 times
JWP is an idiot. I have been watching his antics for years(from afar thank God--live in Tarrant) and wonder how much longer he can pull the wool over people's eyes....

Old 02-15-2011, 05:54 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,541,357 times
Sounds like John is back on the steroids.

They never were too good for his wit or manners.

They run drug tests on County Commissioners?

Old 02-15-2011, 05:57 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
I am disappointed that our new county judge cannot keep order. He's not doing much to disprove that he's John's lackey. Even our 'gay' county judge (who was called weak and inexperienced) could put JWP in his place!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas