Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 03:10 PM

300 posts, read 1,258,286 times

Advertisements

momof2dfw....I would LOVE to see a cheer moms site! LMAO! I was a cheerleader in HS and TOTALLY know what you are talking about! They are like pageant moms, but a different breed. =) (just as an aside- my mom didn't partake in the madness...I guess that's why I can laugh at it!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 03:48 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by preppyglam View Post
momof2dfw....I would LOVE to see a cheer moms site! LMAO! I was a cheerleader in HS and TOTALLY know what you are talking about! They are like pageant moms, but a different breed. =) (just as an aside- my mom didn't partake in the madness...I guess that's why I can laugh at it!)
This weekend is the BIG competition here in Dallas. I'm sure I'll see plenty of blinged out moms and moms wearing too tight skinny jeans that really should not. My girls and I have a good time out shopping and finding my "cheer mom" outfits and shoes. Of course I never buy any of them. I could see me in a blinged out team t-shirt, too tight skinny designer jeans, LONG fake nails, 6' heels of the team colors, hair bleched white WHITE on the top and dark DARK underneath and teased up, HUGE earrings and the orangest fake tan that makes my iridescent eye shadow in team colors practically glow. OH, and the required silicon implants

Old 02-22-2011, 10:32 AM

1,666 posts, read 2,841,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
I work in corporate retail, so we can be friends!

Dallas is a top fashion industry city, not a fashion trend city. There is a BIG difference between the two. We have a major apparel market (as well as gift/home, lighting, and other home decor markets). We have one of the country's only BILLION dollar malls (NorthPark) and we are a test market for many retail concepts (one of the first CrewCuts & Madewell boutiques, one of the first now-defunct Martin + Osa shops, etc). We have many retailers and wholesellers HQ'ed here (JCPenney, Neiman Marcus, Fosil, Pier 1, etc).

But as for a unique "street style" ala downtown Manhattan/Brooklyn or laid-back Californial casual....there is nothing distinct about Dallas.

The society ladies keep our Oscar de la Renta, St John, Chanel, and Carolina Herrera boutiques in business, a select few have a very avant garde style (Demulemeester, Balenciaga, Rick Owens) and locally Barneys and 4510 keep those ladies happy. The young things wear JCrew or Banana or Theory to the office and Alice+Olivia / Halston Heritage/ Herve Leger (or knock-offs in that style) out on the town. Soccer moms wear the obligatory Tory cardigans & flats with leggings or skinny jeans. Some moms in the suburbs are still rockin their Juicy track suits. Lululemon & Anthrolologie are quite popular here, too.

A few pockets of Dallas have more of a tattoos/ hipster look going on. Guys are either preppy, unfortunately Ed Hardy-ish, or clueless.
I work in the fashion industry also and I have tried to explain this several times..

Old 02-24-2011, 01:54 AM

1,341 posts, read 4,907,535 times
Really.... the cheer moms are THAT bad...are they reliving THEIR youth, or the youth they NEVER had?

Old 02-24-2011, 10:58 AM

1,533 posts, read 7,240,297 times
Dallas and its 'burbs do have a lot of high end stores. Luxury brand wise we are right up there with the biggest cities in the world. Designer purses seem to be a big statement here, real or otherwise. I knew a girl who would carry nothing less than a coach bag, and she made like $12/hr. Personally I am quite fine with my $30 no name bag from Target. Dallas fashion isnt really cutting edge or innovative, people are stylish yes, but not risk takers.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:04 PM

2,185 posts, read 5,014,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Oh please!

You act like Dallas is Beverly Hills or something.

lol, she acts and pretends a lot in general.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:36 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2gurls View Post
Really.... the cheer moms are THAT bad...are they reliving THEIR youth, or the youth they NEVER had?
Most are not at all. However, just like any sport there are the parents that believe their child is THE BEST on the entire team and in the entire league/gym.

Here is a little funny that someone made up that is HYSTERICAL!!!!
Xtranormal | Susie's Momma Drama
Susie's Momma Drama

Old 01-18-2018, 02:03 PM

136 posts, read 180,106 times
Wait so how to people dress here?
Like the majority of people.

Is it more preppy or just casual like just a graphic tee and shorts (asking for men)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas