Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 09:48 AM

17 posts, read 66,677 times

Advertisements

I have posted on here previously about a good location to move between Cleburne and Mesquite and we have settled on South Arlington and Mansfield in Mansfield ISD. Thanks for everyones advice! Our house is on the market and we moved into the InTown Suites in South Arlington temporarily so that my commute is shorter and that way we can keep our house staged and clean while it is on the market. So I am not happy with the InTown Suites for 4 people as it is tiny and need to find something else with a week to week, month to month, or 3 or 6 month lease. I am trying to check other extended stay hotels but they seems to be at least $55 a night which is expensive in my book for a hotel room. we are paying $250 a week right now so I figure we can find something bigger for that amount. I have found a couple of apartment complexes that will do 3 month leases- The Falls at Towne Crossing and Towne Crossing that I am going to look at. I am also looking for rental properties on Craigslist, Realtor.com, and some Rental home websites but have only found a couple under $1000. Any other suggestions? Does anyone know if these areas are decent where these properties are? 5919 Lovingham Court Arlington TX - Home for Rent - MLS #11541760 - Realtor.com®
1061 Enfilar Ln Arlington TX - Rental Home Listing - MLS #11543519 - Realtor.com®

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 04:21 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,679,222 times
They are ok for short term. I know this area very well. West of Cooper is a much better area. That area on the east side of Cooper is full of duplexes and kind of cheaply built houses. But its not scary or terribly ugly, just very plain and kind of cracker box looking. If you are trying to stay on a budget and only doing it short term, its fine.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:44 AM

Squirl:
Thanks for the info. It is temporary but I want it to be safe and I am concerned about what areas are safe. The trick is finding something in Mansfield ISD. What about these: 6300 Tempest Dr Arlington TX - Home for Rent - MLS #11537183 - Realtor.com®, 1061 Enfilar Ln Arlington TX - Rental Home - MLS #11543519 - Realtor.com®,

What about the area of Mansfield that is Southwest of 287 and Broad Street? There are some less expensive rentals over there but not sure about that area: Real Estate For Lease in Mansfield TX, Angella*Raisian*Paragon Realty

I appreciate all the help!

Old 02-25-2011, 08:56 AM

The Mansfield one is near Main Street/Dallas Street..... I don't know that property but last time I was in Mansfield that area was pretty rundown. I would recommend you stay as close to the west side of Cooper in South Arlington as possible. I have owned a house in zip 76001. Great elementary school and plenty of nice houses there, too. But I had several of my tenants tell me that there is a bad element of young to late teens that are living in those areas that are troublesome.

You should also look in Kennedale. If you post in the Fort Worth forum, you will likely get more reponses. Posters to that forum will suggest you consider Bedford and Hurst. I would discourage you from that b/c of the longer commute.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:12 AM

Yeah it does look like it is run down. It looks like we might need to go with an apartment for the price I am looking at. The Falls at Towne Crossing and Towne Crossing will do shorter term leases so I will look at those tomorrow. Here is one more that looks like it might be in a better area in Mansfield? Rental Home at 2103 Ragland Rd., Mansfield, TX | RentalHouses.com (http://www.rentalhouses.com/Texas/Mansfield/r1186607 - broken link)

Old 02-25-2011, 09:18 AM

There's a rental for $1150 in Kennedale in safe area, uses Delaney Elementary (exemplary rated) and has been up for lease for a few months.....bet they would be negotiable. MLS# 11506907
It is close to HWY 287, probably a 10 min. drive into the center of Mansfield

Old 02-25-2011, 09:19 AM

NO to the one on Ragland. That is a major busy street.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:15 AM

http://www.thefallsattownecrossing.c...The/index.aspx

Old 02-26-2011, 08:24 AM

Thanks! We are going to look at Towne Crossing and The Falls at TC today. Also what about Villa Del Mar apartments? They will do a 6 month. Villa Del Mar Apartments - Arlington - Apartments for Rent In Dallas, Jacksonville, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Connecticut and More | Lincoln Property Company

Old 02-26-2011, 08:36 AM

Don't know those apts; not familiar w/apts (as an investor I buy houses and don't own in the SW sector of DFW any more at all). Those apts. are EAST of Cooper, on Green Oaks. I am not a big fan of east of Cooper but Green Oaks is better than Sublett probably.

That is a very busy intersection. It could be an absolute nightmare getting in and out. But great shopping right there. Good luck. You might give the Kennedale property a call and see if they would consider a short term lease for $990....ya never know. It is in a great school and safe location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas