Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 09:21 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,282,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaulMansour View Post
Many thanks - understood. Just asking, all other things equal would it matter (for admission to K or First grade)?
I'm not an admissions counselor by any means, but just being an observer, I's say there is no lack of qualified students of any color/background in the DFW area. These schools truly have the pick of the litter. They're committed to diversity, but I don't think diversity would be the deciding factor between admitting student "A" and student "B".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 09:38 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,083,527 times
Default Errr...no,

I'm sorry....schools NOT in the top 25 and you Included Oxford....Oxford? as in the one in England?.. Oxford thats the rest of the world's Yale? As in the one that part of the 'Golden Triangle'... the school that Harvard, and Yale etc, aspired to become at creation? THAT Oxford?

I dont know what top 25 college you are looking at but if we are talking about the same university, maybe look at another list.... that one needs to be revamped. Seriously.

Old 01-26-2012, 10:59 AM

19,767 posts, read 18,055,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLDSoon View Post
I'm sorry....schools NOT in the top 25 and you Included Oxford....Oxford? as in the one in England?.. Oxford thats the rest of the world's Yale? As in the one that part of the 'Golden Triangle'... the school that Harvard, and Yale etc, aspired to become at creation? THAT Oxford?

I dont know what top 25 college you are looking at but if we are talking about the same university, maybe look at another list.... that one needs to be revamped. Seriously.
You dredged up an old thread and then totally misunderstood a person's post which was 100% accurate in context. Nice job.

Old 02-13-2017, 06:25 PM
Juv

1 posts, read 873 times
Could you tell me what you think of Westwood School and Dallas international School. Moving to dallas and looking for a school with IB

Old 06-11-2017, 10:40 AM

7 posts, read 8,663 times
Are any of these school to far from Southlake thinking on relocating there from California.???
I think all the best schools are too far to drive from Southlake ....
Help!

Old 06-11-2017, 11:04 AM

3,678 posts, read 4,170,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpepay View Post
Are any of these school to far from Southlake thinking on relocating there from California.???
Help!
You are correct. Southlake is a horrible commute from top private schools. It would be wiser to go public if you have to stay in Southlake for some reason. Southlake has very good schools.

If you prefer private schools then I would recommend North Dallas, Preston Hollow or West Plano for reasonable commute time. West Plano gives excellent public schools as fall back option in case private is not working out for financial or some other reason. Dallas ISD is a nightmare with exclusion of some magnet schools.

Old 06-11-2017, 11:52 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,282,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpepay View Post
Help!

IMO, yes, the top Dallas private schools are too far from Southlake. I'm sure a small handful of students live out that way but the majority live in North Dallas. So it's not just the school commute you'd be evaluating, but the drive to/from your kids' friends' homes and all the athletic and extracurricular activities.

Curious why you zeroed in on Southlake if private school is a priority. People choose Southlake specifically for the public schools as they are regarded as the #2 publics in the DFW area.

Old 06-11-2017, 12:23 PM

786 posts, read 1,221,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
IMO, yes, the top Dallas private schools are too far from Southlake. I'm sure a small handful of students live out that way but the majority live in North Dallas. So it's not just the school commute you'd be evaluating, but the drive to/from your kids' friends' homes and all the athletic and extracurricular activities.

Curious why you zeroed in on Southlake if private school is a priority. People choose Southlake specifically for the public schools as they are regarded as the #2 publics in the DFW area.
We recently moved from Collin County to the Colleyville / Southlake area so I can speak to this. Regarding private schools, most students in Southlake not attending Carroll attend Grapevine Faith, Colleyville Covenant, Ft Worth Christian, Liberty Christian etc., a few attend Nolan Catholic.

It's not common for folks living in Southlake to send their kids to the private schools on the Dallas side of town, they either attend Carroll or the schools I mention above.

Old 06-11-2017, 08:27 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Yeah, I'm not sure why you'd pick Southlake to live in if you're not going to take advantage of the great schools there.

Old 06-11-2017, 09:22 PM

3,678 posts, read 4,170,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure why you'd pick Southlake to live in if you're not going to take advantage of the great schools there.
Well, there are lots of reasons people live in good school districts yet use private schools. However, living so far from schools makes life difficult for whole family. Southlake is nice but it isn't worth the commute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas