Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 09:25 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
Well, there are lots of reasons people live in good school districts yet use private schools. However, living so far from schools makes life difficult for whole family. Southlake is nice but it isn't worth the commute.
Yes, I know. We live in WP and my kid goes to Greenhill.

But if their intention is to use the private school instead of the public school, then common sense dictates you don't choose to live far away from those schools. I mean, school is like an everyday event. It's a big hassle if you live too far away from it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2017, 09:34 PM

3,678 posts, read 4,175,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yes, I know. We live in WP and my kid goes to Greenhill.

But if their intention is to use the private school instead of the public school, then common sense dictates you don't choose to live far away from those schools. I mean, school is like an everyday event. It's a big hassle if you live too far away from it.
Agreed. It complicates day to day life for whole family. Luckily, your drive from Greenhill to WP is half of the drive from Southlake to Greenhill and you have peace of mind to be able to go back to excellent neighborhood schools if you need to.

Old 06-12-2017, 07:29 AM

2,511 posts, read 2,215,825 times
My kids attend a Fort Worth private school. We live in the Arlington area and when we bought our house we had planned to have our kids attend the top private school in Arlington. It has an excellent reputation but it didn't meet our needs when our old started kindergarten so we ended up looking in Fort Worth. We love our kids' school but the 25 mile commute is wearing on us and our kids hate it. It's hard for the kids to get their homework done and for them to get together with their friends.
Even though we love our house and neighborhood and won't be able to get such a nice one for the price we paid for our current house we're selling our house and moving much closer to the school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas