Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 03:54 PM

8 posts, read 34,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceplace View Post
I don't know what people tell you, but I live in Savannah and I have no knowledge of houses and streets sinking into creeks. I drive by the creek every day and I see no houses and streets half-submerged.
NO, not half submerged. That would be untruthful, but they might as well be submerged. The streets are sinking or rising in some places and not in others. Go see Cotton Exchange, and then come back and post your honest opinion.

Go talk to all the people on Cobblestone court about their broken foundations and then post your opinion.

Go talk to all the people on stone ridge about their foundation problems and then post.

Come to our meeting at the clubhouse 6:30pm on Tuesdays and hear other Savannah home owners tell their horror stories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 05:17 PM
RRE

5 posts, read 10,517 times
I am a little behind on this one but I am a Realtor and have sold houses in that area and between the builders and the foreclosures you may want to keep that area as a backup for later or at least till the market stabalizes. The factors that are running against the area (and I love that area) are location to infrastructure, distance to any viable work options, gas in general, and the up and down home prices.

I would suggest you hire a realtor (doesnt cost you a penny as a buyer) to help you with this area or any area for that matter. You will save yourself lots of headaches down the road.

I know there is a no solicitation policy here so I am not soliciting any business just giving opinions and advice.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:20 AM

2,231 posts, read 6,068,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denisecoco View Post
NO, not half submerged. That would be untruthful, but they might as well be submerged. The streets are sinking or rising in some places and not in others. Go see Cotton Exchange, and then come back and post your honest opinion.

Go talk to all the people on Cobblestone court about their broken foundations and then post your opinion.

Go talk to all the people on stone ridge about their foundation problems and then post.

Come to our meeting at the clubhouse 6:30pm on Tuesdays and hear other Savannah home owners tell their horror stories.
No, I'm not going to waste my time pursuing your argument. If you have any proof, present it yourself. So far, all you've brought out are your claims and allegations.

As I look at my street, I just don't see any evidence of your hysteria.

What exactly is your motive? You are so rabid, you're just not credible.

Old 08-22-2009, 02:06 PM

9 posts, read 54,319 times
Default Savannah and distance

If you look at any area in the Dallas/Metroplex, you can say someplace is far from someplace. The best areas to live are the newest hottest areas where they are building fast and there is open land to do so. If you could had bought 10 acres in Frisco 10 years ago, you would be a multi-millionaire now. It was the sticks! We are 5 minutes from the top of the tollway, and going down FM423 we are 2 minutes from the border of Frisco. And Frisco is rated one of the best cities to live in the country. Plano only wishes it could be Frisco. The 380 corridor is one of the fastest growing area in North Texas right now. It takes less then 15 minutes to be into Stonebriar Mall, but won't need that mall because less then 5 years from now, because they are building a mega complex of offices, malls, and shopping at 380 and Dallas Tollway. Do your homework and don't listen to negative stuff without the facts. People are building mega million dollar homes in Prosper, Celina and they are above us, further out in "the sticks". All the indicators for a great investment is here.

Old 08-22-2009, 02:45 PM

Default Savannah Foundation

As I said in previous posts, lots of people post heresay and most are not one of the people with foundation problems. I for one have that problem and know that only a few people have not been corrected yet. The ones that do most of the troublemaking are trying to extract money from the developer, along with the repairs from warranty and builder. The meeting is on first Weds, not Tues and Huffines is in attendance as they have been from the beginning. As for myself and others that have had their houses corrected with piers (60k), there is a lifetime warranty, and DH Horton has paid for everything including close to 20k in additional upgrades and cosmetics. I have not had to pay out of pocket. If anyone has a problem, read your warranty book, send in your warranty letters to RWC or Homes of Texas and start getting fixed. Anyone that tells you to delay or join their personal little bandwagon does not have your best interest in mind. Many Vision homeowners have received checks as per their warranty, and can pursue other actions for cosmetics by going to Vision's general liability policy, but found it to be enough to cover the cosmetics too. As for blame.. sigh.. blame whoever you want, but meanwhile include in your blame game every builder in Texas, because I bet you cant find one that hasnt been in a neighborhood this large where there was not a foundation issue. This is a SOIL issue, and Texas has SOIL issues. Ask everyone is Castle Hills, they are still building and got through this issue and the homes are worth more then ever. This is not about all Savannah houses, only a few on only select streets. As for all the good houses built and they don't matter if the house that has foundation problems is yours (mine), it doesn't make me happy that it was mine, but I wouldn't choose to live anywhere different despite the past problems.. So that is my answer! So quit being "concerned", and spreading opinions about a problem that you don't have all the facts. It only becomes a problem for you when you spread gossip and YOUR home value drops.

Old 08-22-2009, 04:36 PM

Default Another non-homeowner opinion

Another opinion of someone that must think living in downtown is somewhere. I personally think 5 minutes from Frisco is fine, and the 380 corridor is the place to be with the growth and investment. As for the lots they are standard 55x110 and you can get bigger. Most people don't want a big lot, because we have so much park area, green belts and playgrounds for the kids. The streets are narrow to allow that hometown feel and to allow the trees to grow over and shade the whole street. It was built that way. I personally don't see that they are narrow. And in comparision to what? You heard the taxes are high? In comparsion to what again? We do not pay city taxes, so we pay water district taxes instead. Denton county taxes is lower then Collin County. We have a elementary school (top rated) and a new day care center inside Savannah. The middle school is close by on Navo and they are expecting to build a new high school in the future. Just another hater, that probably looked and couldn't afford to buy and they felt it was important to diss the people here. Makes no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
Providence and Savannah are way out in the middle of nowhere. The lots are teeny tiny. Houses are very close to each other and close to the street. Tiny yards. The streets are very narrow. They are a lot of foreclosures out there. It's in the Denton school district and not all schools are nearby. High school is far away. I also heard taxes are high. Yes, the pools are spectacular and the houses affordable.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:37 AM

8 posts, read 35,346 times
FACTS: 25+ house in the Savannah have had foundation problems. Huffines has done nothing to correct the problem except shirk responsibility and blame someone else. Buying a house in Savannah is like playing roulette. Your chances of winning are very low and your chances for disaster are very high. Anybody who lies and says there is no problem here is just trying to protect their property values. Why would other home owners like about this? Feel free to look at that dump Cobblestone and look at the number of foundation repairs done there. Or just drive down Spanish Moss Drive and see the 4 houses already repaired and the house currently being repaired. Of course DR Horton is doing all the repairs because the negligent Huffines refuses to do anything about it other than talk and blame others. This is why DR Horton is suing Huffines. DONT BY ANY HOUSE, NEW OR USED, IN SAVANNAH.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:36 PM

5 posts, read 13,540 times
Default Savannah Area

I just moved out here to Savannah Area about a year ago At first i hated it because it seemed like nothing was close..Seem like you had to drive forever to get gas.But now they open 7-11 its wonderful I love the community.Now the yards aren't really big but I still love it ..Its very peaceful the pool is great,clubhouse is nice ,the weight room is nice..I really have no complaints out here.Only thing I wish the yards was bigger and the you had more places to park but other then that its nice...

Old 10-20-2009, 10:37 PM

I am confuse people are complaining about Savannah or providence or whatever.I just feel like if you people are going to complain Move..Its not that hard to move if you do not like a place.Just complaining and find a different home if you do not like it out here in Savannah its just common sense...

Old 10-20-2009, 10:41 PM

CMRA I would watch what I say because number one its is noones business about huffine and Dr Horton.And number 2 alot of these houses are probably being repaired because of the people that live in them that distroy them..So I wouldn't really be posting anything about Dr Horton Suing Huffines or whatever that is a little bit of privacy that does not need to be spoken...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas