Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 03:09 PM

2,346 posts, read 6,927,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plano Guru View Post
There are certain sub-divisions in willow Bend that are filled with luxury homes and other have average 400k-500k medium range homes according to upkeep and upgrades. However, whole WB area is nice.
Glad to see someone pointing out the emperor's tattered jeans. Not all parts of Willow Bend are aging that well. You will see some houses here and there with unkempt yards and crumbling brick facades, largely on those streets east of the creek, particularly along Winding Hollow. I just don't get people who spend that much on a house, then don't bother to keep it up.

Quote:
Kings Gate, Lakeside, Cypress Creek, Cypress Point, Gleneagles, Shoal Creek ( PISD part) are prestigious as well.
Yep, and some of these neighborhoods, Lakeside in particular, have HIGHER price points than several of the Willow Bend neighborhoods. I'd add the neighborhoods around Old Shepard Place Park.

Quote:
Old Deerfield is ok but Kings Ridge and new Deerfield have LISD schools & foundation issues.
King's Ridge, yes. Deerfield North actually feeds to Frisco ISD, not Lewisville, and I haven't heard of any foundation issues in that development.

Quote:
Avignon is new so can't say for sure but it looks good.
Avignon looks like a busted development right now. It ran right into the buzzsaw of the 2008 housing crash. Maybe it will pick up, but I'd tread carefully - I'd expect build-out to take years. Another interesting new development is Normandy Estates, on the very edge of the PISD boundary, just north of Shoal Creek.

Quote:
Allen ISD is okish at least for elementary schools. Lewisville ISD and Frisco ISD are good but PISD is more established and offers IB and other advantages for bright students so people don't mind paying extra for PISD homes.
IMO, Allen ISD is far more than "ok-ish". PISD's biggest strength is its offerings for its brightest students, its strongest athletes, its best musicians, etc. If your kid is good but not great in his/her endeavors, he/she would be just as well served in AISD, LISD or FISD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 06:19 PM

85 posts, read 158,440 times
You are right about Kings Ridge being in Frisco ISD and no Deerfield not having any more foundation issues than any other average subdivision. My mistake to multitask while writing the post. I do prefer PISD and find it comparable only to Highland & Southlake schools, but of course they are not nearly perfect.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:25 AM

43 posts, read 115,307 times
how is Kings Lake in Plano. are they in plano school district. which high school is best, i find out in www.greatschools.com that Plano west senior high is best but not the plano east.

Old 03-08-2011, 01:01 PM

85 posts, read 158,440 times
Kings Lake is in Lewisville ISD. If there are new houses at reasonable price in plano than they have Fricso, Allen or Lewisville schools Districts. New homes with plano schools are rare and expensive. Plano West, Plano Senior and Plano East all have their strengths and weaknesses but overall they are all good if your kid is interested in studies. Plano East has IB which is exclusive but regular stream gets lots of troublemakers from two low performing/underprivileged area middle schools/ two great middle schools, Plano Senior gets kids from mostly good middle schools so they get good results,Plano West gets kids from high economic/highly educated background so your kids not only get a good enviorment to study but good life long connections and positive peer pressure to be successful.

Old 05-05-2011, 09:53 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
A lot of these places people have mentioned have very little inventory at the op's asking price. King's Gate? Lakeside? Really? Lol...

As someone who spent 5 years stalking the Willow Bend neighborhoods (but only old, original Willow Bend, where the lot sizes are actually respectable), I can tell you that $600k is not really going to get you much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas