U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2011, 04:34 PM

8 posts, read 18,380 times

Advertisements

My wife and I have been on a house hunting trip the last few days and have focused our search in the Coppell, Flower Mound, and West Plano areas. My office that I am relocating to is in Lewisville, so we figured these locations would provide the best commute times along with good schools.

We really have liked a couple houses we have seen in the Flower Mound area;
- Woodlake Estates subdivision off Long Prairie Road (2499) &
- Wellington Flower Mound area off Bruton Orand Blvd & Flower Mound Rd near Flower Mound High School.

How are houses in these areas selling? Are there any concerns/issues we need to be aware of in these areas? There seems to be a lot of homes for sale in these areas but not sure if that is an issue. We are looking to spend up to $350k.

Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 05:05 PM

38,051 posts, read 42,603,544 times
Wellington is one of my favorite areas for it's beauty, schools & resale values. Some people will tell you it's hard to get in and out of but it's not. You get into very little of the construction north of the airport.

It is loaded with tons of kids & a great family area.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:30 PM

5,007 posts, read 14,147,410 times
Flower Mound is great for Lewisville. Also, great area overall. I've lived in this area for several years, and it's very nice.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:47 PM

5,126 posts, read 12,345,917 times
You get a little more house in Flower Mound than you would in Coppell. I love the Wellington area and if my office was in Lewisvile, Flower Mound, Coppell and Highland Village would be in my top 3. West Plano is great and the commute would not be bad since it would be a reverse commute.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:09 PM

3,478 posts, read 5,852,167 times
Quote:
- Woodlake Estates subdivision off Long Prairie Road (2499) &
- Wellington Flower Mound area off Bruton Orand Blvd & Flower Mound Rd near Flower Mound High School.
Both great neighborhoods. I suggest you see what you can find in the neighborhoods off McKamy Creek Rd. (the names escape me right now) as they have a similar feel.

My parents live in Wellington and love it. You can walk to the elementary, middle, and high schools easily. Great pools and good community. 350k is about the right range for the area you are looking.

I haven't seen too much for sale since I was there last...I've seen much more in other areas. I honestly don't know enough about the stats to give you specific answers, but it isn't an area in trouble. My parents bought their house in 2002 for 275K and it has been appraised around 350k now (3300 square feet with lots of updates).

Don't let anyone tell you it is a boring area with no sense of community. Our street has had ladies/couples/guys nights out for 10 years. I babysat for all my neighbors and they all came to my wedding.

Good luck in your search!

Old 03-08-2011, 11:58 AM

32 posts, read 47,144 times
We live in Wellington and have lived there for 1.5 years so far. We love it. We have made more friends in 1.5 years of living there than we ever had living in our last area...and we lived in our last area for 10 years! Our kids (10 and 5) love it too! They made friends instantly.

We never looked at any houses in Woodlake Estates so I cannot comment there. We did however take 3 years to narrow down our decision to move to Flower Mound. Then it took another 6 months to narrow down to Wellington. Best decision we ever made...

Good luck...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas