Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 10:48 AM

695 posts, read 1,447,470 times

Advertisements

Mercedes was offering us great incentives back in October when we were first looking, but we chose a resale in the older part of the neighborhood for a variety of reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 11:07 AM

2,348 posts, read 4,818,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone9900tx View Post
There are so many many reasons we went with mercedes and a couple of tips if anyone is interested pm me.
Is it because you thought it was a car? C'mon you can be honest, I won't laugh.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:26 AM

198 posts, read 502,194 times
HAHA...you know I used to have this friend of mine whose name is Mercedes...she is smoking hot...dont tell my wife i said that....anyways this dude came up to her when we were at a bar and was like " hey whats your name"...."mercedes"..."Man you know I always ride in luxury!"...to which i spit out my drink laughing and she said thanks for ruining my buzz...lol..hilarious...

I get a strange feeling we'd get along pretty well skidmark.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoTexas2 View Post
Yes, the Reagan 1 - it is a little smaller and the Reagan I believe has been "sold" out so they cannot build it anymore but we really liked the floor plan for our family of 3 and we do have a lot of out of town guests. There are only one or two things I would have changed (a jack and jill bathroom upstairs and an extra powder room downstairs with the bathroom in the extra bedroom down - we did not opt to make it a study).
Back on track...Did you have the option to change that bath to a J&J?

If you don't mind me asking, what was your approximate final price on the home once you finished with all the alterations and options?

I am curious to know in an effort to see how close I can keep the home price to $330k (ish) for an Adams II.

By the time I am done with the basic options we want, extended patio, media, study ILO of Living, and Juliet Balconies and hardwood I think I am up over my budget.

It would be nice to see where you think the general price point shakes out in CHN.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:30 PM

skids I actually know the contractor who installed the hard wood floors for some of the builders if you give me the square footage of what you want I can ask how much it be. I know its at least half of what the builder chargers.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
skids I actually know the contractor who installed the hard wood floors for some of the builders if you give me the square footage of what you want I can ask how much it be. I know its at least half of what the builder chargers.
Oh that would be a cool way to get a general idea..The areas I would want in that model would be from foyer back to family room for flow. I calculate it out to be about 1000 square feet of flooring.

Glue down is fine, prefer nailed hand scraped (who doesn't), as long as the glue down looks nice.

Also how would that work. If you told the builder you wanted to do it yourself, they wouldn't give you a house without flooring would they? I would think that would earn you a credit back if you could do that.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:41 PM

Ill say itll be 1100 square feet just to be sure and I will ask for 3 different options on wood, since there are like 3 in 5 in or 8 in wide planks I think....he does it all...he probably is going to do my stairs here pretty soon.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Ill say itll be 1100 square feet just to be sure and I will ask for 3 different options on wood, since there are like 3 in 5 in or 8 in wide planks I think....he does it all...he probably is going to do my stairs here pretty soon.
Sounds good..If you get his square foot pricing (per material type) I can apply that in all scenarios, probably easiest way to look at it.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:09 AM

1,172 posts, read 2,633,022 times
TBONE9900TX.. can you also get a price for 2000 sqft? in the 3 & 5ft planks? Both non handscraped and handscraped as well? I've been thinking about having all of mine done.

Skids.. never have the builder do the hardwoods.. they charge way too much. Same thing with the patio extension/stone work. I know people (Mexicans) who can do the stonework and they are way way less and are the same ones who do the work in the first place.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcrules1 View Post
TBONE9900TX.. can you also get a price for 2000 sqft? in the 3 & 5ft planks? Both non handscraped and handscraped as well? I've been thinking about having all of mine done.

Skids.. never have the builder do the hardwoods.. they charge way too much. Same thing with the patio extension/stone work. I know people (Mexicans) who can do the stonework and they are way way less and are the same ones who do the work in the first place.
Good to know! Maybe the better strategy is to just tell the builder to poor an extra large pad instead so it's seamless.

Last edited by skids929; 05-11-2011 at 10:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas