Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2011, 12:24 PM

305 posts, read 476,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
The retailers would absolutely have a problem with that, though. North Park would lose business just like that.
Do you think the retailers have a problem with Northpark removing "saggers" ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 12:29 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,842,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jake Oil View Post
Of course not, don't be silly. You know what I mean.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:31 PM

333 posts, read 638,822 times
Quote:
Store clerks at Dallas mall say they’ll miss Dez Bryant – Fort Worth Star Telegram | Other News | Dallas Informer

Old 03-24-2011, 12:36 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,391,971 times
Quote:
You seem quite happy with your hegemonically isolated opinions. You obviously think you're above most on this board and definitely most 'saggers' (whatever that means).

Maybe you should stay in Park Cities and just have Nordstrom's and Neiman's do trunk shows for you so you don't need to deal with the Hoi Polloi.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:38 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,391,971 times
Quote:
Smart of you to delete that senseless diatribe, ganongrey.
I prefer to stay above the fray with my responses, Dr. But if you ever want to talk about it all over drinks at the Loon, let's.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:39 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,842,323 times
I just think people are coming down too hard on Dez. From what I know about him, he seems to be a good kid. And good kids make immature mistakes from time to time.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:45 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,372,669 times
Some have turned this incident into a racial issue, which it is not. It's about individual actions. Whether that be someone wearing saggy pants with their drawers and ass hanging out and/or the authority's response to said actions.

The only reason this was given press is because Dez is a celebrity member of the Dallas Cowboys, period.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:46 PM

1,004 posts, read 3,753,830 times
Quote:
No he is saying owners of a business have to have a "defensible" reason that will "pass muster" to deny entrance to anybody. Which is just laughably false.
A private business like NP can not decide nilly willy who to admit as you appear to believe.

The Right to Refuse Service: Can a Business Refuse Service to Someone Because of Appearance, Odor, or Attire? | LegalZoom

Old 03-24-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganongrey View Post
You seem quite happy with your hegemonically isolated opinions. You obviously think you're above most on this board and definitely most 'saggers' (whatever that means).

Maybe you should stay in Park Cities and just have Nordstrom's and Neiman's do trunk shows for you so you don't need to deal with the Hoi Polloi.
I don't currently live in the Park Cities. I just think it's funny when people think they have the "right" to act as they like in private establishments.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galore View Post
A private business like NP can not decide nilly willy who to admit as you appear to believe.

The Right to Refuse Service: Can a Business Refuse Service to Someone Because of Appearance, Odor, or Attire? | LegalZoom
You'll note almost that entire article deals with California. There's no such act that I know of in Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas