Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2011, 11:45 AM

13 posts, read 49,042 times

Advertisements

hi every1.. i like the area in frisco (lebnon/legacy) which has lewisville isd but colony high school. i want to know how is the colony HS rated??? any personal exps??? and is there any way my kids can attend Frisco isd while living in that area? do they have any transfer prog?? thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 11:50 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,861,660 times
No, you MUST attend the schools that are in the district that you actually live in. The only way around that is if the parent teaches in another district and that district allows parent to bring their children with them. Or, the Dallas ISD magnets accept students that test and qualify for the magnets on the high school level.

If you are living in the Lewisville ISD attendance zone then you will be attending LISD schools and Frisco will NOT accept any kind of transfer.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:29 PM

3,834 posts, read 4,438,748 times
From everything I've read and heard, the colony high school isnt very good at all, ranking at the bottom of LISD schools...you might want to go on greatschools for more info, or just search the threads here.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:36 PM

13 posts, read 49,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
No, you MUST attend the schools that are in the district that you actually live in. The only way around that is if the parent teaches in another district and that district allows parent to bring their children with them. Or, the Dallas ISD magnets accept students that test and qualify for the magnets on the high school level.

If you are living in the Lewisville ISD attendance zone then you will be attending LISD schools and Frisco will NOT accept any kind of transfer.

thanks! very informative

Old 04-13-2011, 12:28 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,854,475 times
Looking for a link to confirm, but my understanding is that the area in the extreme soutwestern corner of the city of Frisco that is in the Lewisville ISD is zoned for Hebron High School and not The Colony HS.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:42 AM

Had trouble loading the attendance zone map from the Lewisville ISD website, but did plug in an address from Nortshore Dr in Frisco (subdivision in SW corner of Legacy and Lebanon) and it listed Hebron High School (along with Hicks Elementary just down the street and Arbor Creek Middle School in Carrollton) as the designated schools for this area.

Keep in mind the Lewisville ISD has its extreme northeastern corner at the intersection of Legacy and Lebanon in Frisco. Any other neighborhood north of Lebanon or east of Legacy will be in the Frisco ISD.

Here is a link to the bus route finder on the Lewisville ISD:

http://www.infofinderi.com/tfi/addre...D-L05811338563

Old 04-13-2011, 12:58 AM

There has been a definite bias against The Colony in this part of Frisco dating back to the Stonebriar Country Club being built in the 80s. They petitioned the Lewisville ISD to be zoned for Hebron High School instead of The Colony from its inception.

Also, look at google maps sometime. There is not a single access into The Colony from Frisco outside of state roads. You must travel down 121 from Legacy to enter The Colony from Frisco or go all the way west on Lebanon to FM423. Not a single surface street going east from Legacy between 121 and Lebanon goes into The Colony, neither does a single surface street going south from Lebanon between Legacy and FM423 go into The Colony.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:23 PM

1 posts, read 3,632 times
I live in the same area. Unfortunately, there are no options for transferring to Frisco ISD if you are located in Lewisville ISD. While the LISD is a good area, I personally would not want my kids having to either drive so far to school (once in high school) or to be on the bus so long once in middle school. Many of the families in our community have small children and love Hicks Elementary. However, as the children get older there are more and more that are deciding to sell and move across Lebanon to be in the Frisco School District.

A few years ago we had my sister's family and my husband's brother family move to the area. When they were considering neighborhoods, we encouraged them to look at Frisco ISD simply because of the logistics.

I hope this is helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas