Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 09:00 AM

1 posts, read 2,170 times

Advertisements

Please give me some input about DFW Malls ... ones that are laidback and have plenty of parking and good selection of brand names? I am new here and live near Spring Creek & Ohio. We went to Allen Mall and it was crazy over there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 09:09 AM

37 posts, read 166,976 times
It is kinda crazy at Allen. I'm fond of the Town East Mall in Mesquite, if only because that one the one I grew up going to. They have a lot of stores and a lot of parking. Valley View Center is near the Galleria and has plenty of parking, but few stores and none that I really like. You are also close to Willow Bend, but I haven't been there and can't give you any input. The Galleria and NorthPark Mall both have a lot of really nice stores and while parking is free at NorthPark, I think it costs money at the Galleria. It's been awhile since I've been there so I could be wrong. I'd try out Willow Bend next since it's closer to you. There's another one at 75 and Park? that I've been to, but only to go to Macy's so I can say the parking was plentiful, but have no idea about the stores.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:30 AM

333 posts, read 638,822 times
North Park and Galleria are going to have more high end boutiques. Willowbend is decent. Stonebriar is decent. Collin Creek is getting rundown. West Village and Highland Park Village both have great higher end shopping as well. Grapevine Mills is an outlet mall. Hulen, Parks, and Ridgmar are all average. Redbird, Valley View, and Irving are a joke. North East used to be a little better but not that great.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:59 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,282,852 times
What brand names/stores are you looking for?

Collin Creek Mall is on 75 & Park-ish in Plano. It is a quieter mall, but has a JCPenney, Macy's, Sear's (I think) and some regular "mall" stores like Express & the Gap.

NorthPark, Willowbend, and the Galleria are higher end malls, with Neiman's / Saks/ Barneys and designer boutiques....but also have typical mall stores like Victorias Secret, Old Navy, Banana Repubkic, etc. NorthPark is crazy on weekends....best to go on a Monday or Tuesday evening if you don't like crowds.

Stonebriar is nice, but always busy and crawling with kids & families.

There are some other more middle to low end malls around where JCPenney/ Kohl's/ Sears are your main stores. Maybe a Dillard's too. Some of these malls cater to the Hispanic demographic since that is what the neighborhood surround the mall is- Vista Ridge in Lewisville, Irving Mall, and Town East in Mesquite.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anabolina View Post
It is kinda crazy at Allen. I'm fond of the Town East Mall in Mesquite, if only because that one the one I grew up going to. They have a lot of stores and a lot of parking. Valley View Center is near the Galleria and has plenty of parking, but few stores and none that I really like. You are also close to Willow Bend, but I haven't been there and can't give you any input. The Galleria and NorthPark Mall both have a lot of really nice stores and while parking is free at NorthPark, I think it costs money at the Galleria. It's been awhile since I've been there so I could be wrong. I'd try out Willow Bend next since it's closer to you. There's another one at 75 and Park? that I've been to, but only to go to Macy's so I can say the parking was plentiful, but have no idea about the stores.
Parking is 100% free at the Galleria unless one chooses to valet.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:05 AM

37 posts, read 166,976 times
Nice, see, I need to go shopping more often. :-) I'll agree with TurtleCreek80. It depends on what sorts of shops you are interested in. Irving Mall and Valley View have a lot of unused spaces/seem like ghost towns if you walk down the wrong corridor. It might be worth a trip out to Firewheel Center in Garland off George Bush as well. It's an outdoor mall similar to Allen since there isn't a huge building, but essentially strip malls. It's not an outlet like Allen is though.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:06 AM

96 posts, read 203,829 times
If you are looking for outlet malls, check out the San Marcos Outlet Malls. There are 2 outlet malls next to each other. You will need more than one day to shop there.

[SIZE=3]columbia.com[/SIZE][SIZE=3]‎[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]tangeroutlet.com[/SIZE][SIZE=3]‎[/SIZE]

Old 04-19-2011, 10:16 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
Outlet Mall in Allen - crazy busy on weekends and holidays. I'm not much of an outlet mall shopper as you can find just as good of deals at the regular stores and can return it if you need to unlike at the outlet stores.

Fairview - across 75 from the Outlet Mall in Allen. Still has a LOT of vacant store fronts. Very hard to get into and out of during weekends and holidays. Very spread out and not very walkable even though it is an outdoor mall.

Waters Creek in Allen - no big anchor stores. Has several of the other well known mall stores. Okay atmosphere but not easy to navigate if trying to "see it all" without backtracking several times.

Collin Creek in Plano - going downhill. But the anchor stores are all still providing the same volume of inventory they did when it was a busier mall. Not looking for this mall to be around in another few years.

Firewheel Town Center in Garland - I prefer this outdoor mall to the one in Fairview. It's more walkable. Anchor stores are Dillard's and Macy's. Disappointed in the Macy's there though. Lots of dining options and pretty much all the normal mall tenants are here.

Town East Mall in Mesquite - CROWDED! Just trying to get into the parking lot can be an ordeal. Anchor stores are Dillard's, Macy's and Sears. All stock a good volume of inventory as it's one of the busiest malls around. Interior of the mall stores is a mixed bag. Eh. I avoid it.

Valley View - pretty much non existent now. Everything is closing up. What is left of this will be torn down soon.

Galleria - Macy's, Dillards, Saks, Nordstrom and all the other regular mall tenants and some of the higher caliber ones as well. More boutiques than the regular mall. Ice rink on lower level. FREE parking unless you valet. American Girl Store located here.

Stonebriar in Frisco - very crowded on weekends and holidays and traffic around it can be a mess. Nordstrom's is here as well. Interior stores are pretty much the norm. Ice rink.

NorthPark Mall - my favorite. Nordstrom's, Dillards, Macy's, Neimans. Interior stores are all the norm and then a lot more boutique stores. Free parking unless you valet. Dining options are better here, imho. Has an Apple store.

Willow Bend - can be a very dead mall. Macy's, Dillards anchor. Regular interior stores and a few whatevers. Has an Apple store.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linzy View Post
If you are looking for outlet malls, check out the San Marcos Outlet Malls. There are 2 outlet malls next to each other. You will need more than one day to shop there.

[SIZE=3]columbia.com[/SIZE][SIZE=3]‎[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]tangeroutlet.com[/SIZE][SIZE=3]‎[/SIZE]
They are also FIVE HOURS AWAY!!!

Old 04-19-2011, 10:39 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
They are also FIVE HOURS AWAY!!!
LOL!!!! I know. I would not even bother to waste my gas to go there. Outlet Mall shopping is way too "hit or miss" to drive there for the sole purpose to going to the outlet mall. If passing by and want to stop for a few stores, fine.

Don't waste your time even stopping at the outlet mall in Hillsborough. We stopped there 2 years ago on the way back home........ over half the stores are empty and what is left is non name brand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas