Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 03:55 PM

81 posts, read 307,370 times

Advertisements

Hello all, my husband has been wanting to find employment on an oil rig, entry level roustabout position but dont know where to start. Can any of you point us in the right direction on where to start or companies that we should look into?

Thanks in advance! These forums have been very helpful to us!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 04:05 PM

3,020 posts, read 8,615,724 times
Actually, there aren't any oil rigs within probably 60-75 miles of Dallas. Not too many new ones being drilled right now either in Texas.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:50 PM

1,518 posts, read 3,056,573 times
Shreveport is a better place to go for oil rig work, if you want to live there. Things aren't exactly booming at the moment though.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:52 PM

52 posts, read 126,725 times
Maybe natural gas fracking? I've heard of that happening around here.

The days of seeing oil rigs anywhere close to Dallas ended about 30 years ago.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:39 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
I think the OP means not just OIL but GAS drilling rigs as well--just job in oil work which some people think is always hiring and paying well

RIGZONE - Your Gateway to the Oil & Gas Industry
check the training link and career center link

https://wit.twc.state.tx.us/WORKINTE..._BROWSE_SEARCH
only two jobs on TX workforce site in this area

https://wit.twc.state.tx.us/WORKINTE...RESULTS&sort=0

note what it says about working from ELEVATED position--that means he will be working in the rigging--dangerous for someone w/o experience
if they hire people w/o working experience they usually start off doing floor work--learn stuff then get chance to be promoted

Texas Operations jobs - Entry Level Operator Assistant I Frac\acid at Halliburton
Texas Operations jobs - Entry Level Operator Assistant I Cementing at Halliburton

note that the company is based outside Alvarado--that is SW of FTW--
but job site could be outside this immediate area--

I would be suspicious of companies that offer to find your husband job in oil industry for a fee
there are many people coming here looking for jobs like this because they think they pay well and are easy to get -- not always the case --
there can be scams where they take your money and your personal info and you only get trouble

google for drilling compaines in DFW area
then google them for jobs--
many of the fields jobs are not listed on sites like Monster because they hire by word of mouth--and there is lot of transitory workers--they work for couple of months and then move on to another company or when/if that particular well is finished they are laid off

Old 04-29-2011, 10:57 PM

81 posts, read 307,370 times
Thanks so much for the info! I know it's hard to find the right info out there. I wasnt sure if anyone knew of specific oil/ gas rigs in the area or nearby. I appreciate all of the different info! These forums have helped us out so much!

Old 04-30-2011, 06:58 PM

448 posts, read 919,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETex2 View Post
Actually, there aren't any oil rigs within probably 60-75 miles of Dallas. Not too many new ones being drilled right now either in Texas.
That's not true. Check out the huge oil boom that's going on in South Texas.

Old 05-17-2011, 03:45 PM

23 posts, read 58,840 times
www.slb.com

Old 05-17-2011, 03:51 PM

621 posts, read 1,333,363 times
I am in the oil and gas business. Chesapeake is hiring in the greater DFW area and I believe they have an ad on Monster.com and indeed .com...

If he has no luck there, he can contact Halliburton in Carrollton, Tx. Weatherford in Lancaster I believe or PM me and I can try forward some email contacts at Devon energy and XTO.

Try these too

www.pipelinejobs.com

www.inspectionjobs.com

www.ndt.org

www.roadtechs.com

www.ndtcabin.com

Old 05-17-2011, 04:22 PM

2,182 posts, read 5,438,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAguy View Post
That's not true. Check out the huge oil boom that's going on in South Texas.
Yep, just built a website for a guy who's going through a legal tornado right now, getting australian investors to drop millions into his startup business, he's on a rollercoaster and he's making some serious cash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas